Self Made Vol. 1 compared to Diplomatic Immunity

Yeh niketalk or not, DI was a classic album and really started a movement when in comes to NY rap music.

Self Made was an ok album for last spring early summer, but it fizzled out after that. It was the only good album out at the time, while DI paved its own lane for street music.

Ima Boss was def a banger, but there are skits on DI you can say were better than that song.

I mean, just reading this thread makes me wanna listen to DI

tumblr_lta4m3Swt71r4ghkoo1_250.gif

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

We Are Young Money would be the comparable album.
Word. Like, spot on
laugh.gif

We Are Young Money (of course) was garbage, but from a popularity/success standpoint, even that smashes Self Made V1.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Not trying to argue which album was better, but I think Self Made is going to go down in history with a similar status.

Dipolmatic Immunity really ushered in the era of the sped up soul sample whereas Self Made ushered in the era of the Lex Lugerish trap beat.
Both had tons of hot tracks while basically being compilations. Both weren't really albums, moreso loose amalgemations of tracks that fit somewhere in between a mixtape and an album. Ross played to role of Cam, while Meek played Juelz, Wale played Jim Jones, and Pill was Zeekey/Rell. Anyway, I think Self Made was vastly underrated, but when people look at it 5-10 years from now, it will be more highly regarded.
No, they didn't.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by mickeyfly

The Un Kasa intro bodies ANYTHING MMG has ever produced
dude spazzed
Un Kasa > Meek Mill
this.
Yesterdays scrubs=todays stars
tired.gif

Speakers do the whop, Rims do the macarena
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by mickeyfly

The Un Kasa intro bodies ANYTHING MMG has ever produced
dude spazzed
Un Kasa > Meek Mill
this.
Yesterdays scrubs=todays stars
tired.gif
For real
30t6p3b.gif
 Dem Franchize Boyz, J-Kwon and Ying Yang Twins are looking like Nas and OutKast by comparison to some of these dudes today who get cosigned.

Would you be mad if I said I remember when the Dips had NT music forum on lock in like 04/05... but I couldn't name a song on that album? And I know the whole MMG album? 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Would you be mad if I said I remember when the Dips had NT music forum on lock in like 04/05... but I couldn't name a song on that album? And I know the whole MMG album? 
alien.gif

I wouldnt be mad, especially since its such an old album, but we all know MMG never had a movement like that. But I guarantee you can name a song off of DI1

Back
Top Bottom