Selling Cheap Textbooks to College Students

If someone were to come across a few terabytes of textbooks in PDF format, could there be any negative repercussions to selling the PDF files to college students? It seems innocent enough (other than the obvious intellectual property issues) and it's not like you'd be selling adderall or something. It also seems like it'd be extremely lucrative as well. Thoughts?

If someone were to come across a few terabytes of textbooks in PDF format, could there be any negative repercussions to selling the PDF files to college students? It seems innocent enough (other than the obvious intellectual property issues) and it's not like you'd be selling adderall or something. It also seems like it'd be extremely lucrative as well. Thoughts?

I guess it depends if the PDF files were illegal or free. But even if they are free its not legal for you to profit off of it. But I doubt you will get caught.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

If someone were to come across a few terabytes of textbooks in PDF format, could there be any negative repercussions to selling the PDF files to college students? It seems innocent enough and it's not like you'd be selling adderall or something. It also seems like it'd be extremely lucrative as well. Thoughts?

If you get caught, you would be violating the Copyright law.

Just like DVD, CD's etc...  You would be interfering in the sales of the textbook.   And that's illegal.

I guess it depends if the PDF files were illegal or free. But even if they are free its not legal for you to profit off of it. But I doubt you will get caught.

If someone were to come across a few terabytes of textbooks in PDF format, could there be any negative repercussions to selling the PDF files to college students? It seems innocent enough and it's not like you'd be selling adderall or something. It also seems like it'd be extremely lucrative as well. Thoughts?

If you get caught, you would be violating the Copyright law.

Just like DVD, CD's etc...  You would be interfering in the sales of the textbook.   And that's illegal.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Define come across. 
laugh.gif

As if that happens on coincidently .
laugh.gif
But doing that is super illegal. You'll get kicked out of college if you do that bro. Even on my campus there's a sign that says you can't sell anything without a license etc.

As if that happens on coincidently .
laugh.gif
But doing that is super illegal. You'll get kicked out of college if you do that bro. Even on my campus there's a sign that says you can't sell anything without a license etc.

Back
Top Bottom