Serious question............How do people drink beer?

I gave up drinking new year's eve. When I was drinking Dos XX's, Tona, Modelo, and Pacifico...FTW..

sick.gif
corona & a heiney

beer is an aquired taste, im more of a dark ale (new castle, etc)

i'll occasionally get down with a heff

ya i love beer.. and hard liquor is good too,, but i only really like that when im alrdy trashed... but beer pong is the gammee!!

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

First, I think it is important to differentiate between mass produced beers like Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, etc... and craft/micro beers. The mass produced beers tend to be very light on flavor and use small amounts of malt, yeast, and hops - the things that give beers interesting and complex flavors.

One of my favorite beers is Three Floyds Black Sun stout. It is made by a small brewer in NW Indiana and they take the time and invest the money to use high quality ingredients that are selected to blend harmoniously into a really great beer. While their beers may cost a bit more than a Bud Light, the rewards are evident as soon as you take the first sip.

Also, I think that European big brewers make better tasting beer than their American counterparts. Take, for example, Newcastle (England). It is readily available at most liquor stores and is exponentially better tasting than any of the American mass brews. The ingredients are all applied in balance and provide a very smooth and pleasant drinking experience.

While I will allow that some beers (Belgians, for example) can be very complex and hard to approach for novice beer drinkers, the average Joe would benefit greatly from trying beers made by craft brewers in America and some of the more readily available brews from overseas (Stella Artois, Newcastle, Bass, Hoegaarden, etc...). Many of these beers would open your eyes to what a good beer is supposed to taste like and might allow you to enjoy a beer for the first time.

Thank you for explaining this intelligently without coming across condescending.

I see I have to step outside the norm names of beers to find one I really like.

Regular Budweiser makes me feel like i'm gonna hurl after one sip.

I like Corona and Coors Light.

Call me a chick, but Smirnoff Triple Black Pomegranate =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom