Serious topic NT: What are your thoughts on the DREAM act.

I'm all for anybody who wants to have a Higher Education.

I'm also for "illegal's" being able to obtain citizenship easier. Especially kids, and people who have been here for 5 or so years, or planon living their lives in the US.

MS-13, so I vote no! Hopefully I don't come off as ignorant but these dudes are crazy. IMO they've messed it up for a lot of South American immigrantsat least from my POV. Also, they using all my benefits and not paying taxes too.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I'm all for anybody who wants to have a Higher Education.

I'm also for "illegal's" being able to obtain citizenship easier. Especially kids, and people who have been here for 5 or so years, or plan on living their lives in the US.

co-sign. i have family that have been working hard here for more than 20 years and are only now obtaining citizenship.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

MS-13, so I vote no! Hopefully I don't come off as ignorant but these dudes are crazy. IMO they've messed it up for a lot of South American immigrants at least from my POV. Also, they using all my benefits and not paying taxes too.

Did you read the article, or even my cliffnote??? I'm pretty sure most MS-13 gang members do not go to school, or even attempt to pursue attending highereducation. So, this act wouldn't relate to them. This Act is for first class illegal immigrants who are good students, and want to further their educationwith higher learner.

I have a friend who is stuck in this situation. He's been going to school here since elementary and just recently got his Associates degree. What sucksthough is he can't get a drivers license or a job despite his degree. F'd up situation to be in.

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

I have a friend who is stuck in this situation. He's been going to school here since elementary and just recently got his Associates degree. What sucks though is he can't get a drivers license or a job despite his degree. F'd up situation to be in.
that's just the tip of it really, there's lots of situations where being undocumented in this country can make your quality of life veryvery difficult and at times unbearable. Imagine, if you can and will, that your undocumented and been living here since the age of 2. you're living with asingle mother who came to this country to provide you with the opportunities of education, success, and overall everything america has to offer anyone who ishere, everything that most of the immigrants home countries do not have, then for her to realize that you will never have a normal life after HSgraduation.....no financial aid for college like the article stated. what's to stop her from asking herself did she fail her child? or did the country thatshe believed would help her child succeed fail the child?

like the young man working towards a masters degree, you'd pay out of pocket just to get that degree that you not only worked hard for but actually PAIDfor and that's assuming you are actually ABLE to pay the tuition costs which we all know are expensive even in a community college. i'm pretty suremost of the undocumented students probably do not have that money available nor are able to work simultaneously to cover their tuition and expenses at school.

you could even imagine a family member that lives overseas and is too old to travel the distance, you can't go visit them because you won't be ableto come back into the country. what if they were terminally ill, you couldn't go say goodbye cause you'd have to leave the life you have here becauseonce you leave that's it. what if your family member passed away in your home country and you couldn't even attend the funeral or burial. things likeweddings, graduations, funerals, reunions, newborn family members, baptisms, other religious and family traditions, etc.....all the solid family events thathold families together....all the things people hold dear to them....you could never be apart of unless they brought it here to america.

no vacations to backpack through europe with your college buddies, no studying abroad, no trips to cabo for spring break, no cruises to the Caribbean with yourhoneydip lol......even these extra curricular activities make for a much better quality of life in this country and the growing number of undocumentedimmigrants raised here will never have the opportunity to enjoy all that life has to offer in our world.

to me they are up against more than just odds....they are against a society that doesn't recognize them or even acknowledge their needs to survive in thisworld. everyday it's becoming harder and harder for the average american to survive much less succeed and that difficulty is magnified more and more whenit comes to undocumented immigrants.

great read OP.....if u haven't guessed already....i'm all for this!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

MS-13, so I vote no! Hopefully I don't come off as ignorant but these dudes are crazy. IMO they've messed it up for a lot of South American immigrants at least from my POV. Also, they using all my benefits and not paying taxes too.

But you did.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

an opportunity for undocumented immigrants to get higher learning and permanent residency.................i'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom