Setting the record straight re: Steve's lies.

Quote:
I said not one thing related to hating or heckling, only a casual observation, especially with the self-admissions of people encouraging without having read anything which is nothing short of pathetic on those individuals' parts
The Oakland Raiders are like a strip club, you get all excited in the beginning, but then at the end of the day, it's very disappointing.​

Quote:
If you didnt LEARN to love it, youd have committed that a long time ago. :wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
this was a much needed response.

Quote:
Hey Meth, any update on the forum switch? As in when it might happen?
Yuku, sometime in July. (Hopefully sooner than later.)

Our team is testing it now. The reason we're going with Yuku, at least for the time being, is that EVERYONE will retain the usernames, passwords, post counts, and join dates.

Of course, you'll all have free image hosting through Yuku, the ability to store image galleries right on the site and drop the pictures into your posts. You can even link from your photobucket, I believe. We'll also have blogs, a working search feature, and a lot more. It's nice to FINALLY be able to offer you guys the sort of modern forum software you deserve.

We'll have much, much more on that in the weeks to come, though.

Quote:
Yo Meth...1. show me your collection LOL...but forreal.... Im guessing Steve asked KTown for LRG x ISS help for the SOLE BAR. ORRRRR he offered Ben a thread about the stickers. Am I hot or cold?
ed, there weren't as many people posting pictures of samples, etc. so I had to step in and take some pictures to fill the void. Now that there are so many people with access to that stuff long before I can even catch a glimpse outside NT, my services in that regard are no longer needed and I've retired from posting pictures of my own shoes. I've never photographed my collection in its entirety and I have no intention of doing so.

I'll tell you a bit about it, though.

My first pair of Jordans was the white/black/red AJ V in 1990. I still have it: size 2 & 1/2. I was in fourth grade.

When my foot stopped growing and I had a little money in my pocket, I was finally able to start buying more than 1 or two shoes each year with 2 sizes worth of "room to grow." So, you could say I've been "collecting" (buying shoes for purposes beyond NEED) since around '95 or '96.

It's just been a matter of persistence since then. I buy what I like and only what I like, and if you buy 10-20 pairs of shoes a year for 10-11 years... it adds up.

I don't keep a running tally on the collection, but it's probably between 125 and 175 by now. I'm into basketball shoes, generally mids and highs, preferably jordan, old school nike basketball, and foamposite. I don't own a single pair of dunks. I own two AF1s: one high, one low.

The most I've EVER spent for a pair of shoes has been $200.

I give time to NT because I care about the community, not because I think I have a superior collection. As I think we've all learned by now, the strength of someone's collection has no bearing on the strength of their character. We've seen enough thieves and arrogant punks with collections bought in bulk from real collectors to learn that lesson a hundred times over.

What, if any, "respect" I've earned over the years should be the result of my actions, not my possessions.

That's the standard I want to be measured against, not my ability to compete in some obnoxious spending contest. I collect for the love of the game, not for the love of attention or money.

Oh, and re: Ktown? Cold - it's much funnier than that. I'll let KTown decide if he wants to reveal it, though. It's his business and I apologize if hinting about it strikes him as a betrayal of confidence. From what he told me, though, I know he has a sense of humor about it and I didn't think it would be an issue.

Quote:
18. Sole Bar the joint isnt anything like what people are posting
and that is how I want it. When July 7th rolls around people will see
what we are all about. And no, we are not going to sell alcohol it
isnt that type of bar. It is a sole bar (my friend owns the Shoe Bar in
Tokyo and even that store isnt like ours)

Yawn. Just another for-profit venture youre now desperately plugging on NT.

I think you forgot to mention the street address in your little pitch :wow:
eek.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAM Black & Mild
TeAm AiM cHaT
> MlLlTARYlV <

i've been done with classes for a minute but i felt like i was learning some NT history today.
props Meth on the rebuttal :pimp:
pimp.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
2006 Western Conference Champions
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry, Willis​

Where's K-town?

TEAM [Scrubs]I just stab my way up the weaponry chain. Have a knife, but need a gun? Stab a cop. Have a gun, but need explosives? Shoot a construction worker. Blow up an army guard post. Drive your tank into a nuclear missile silo, and so on.

man i was doubting meth but all of a sudden DUDE comes thru and just like everyone said etherd Steve...hmmm i wonder what steve sent to ktown...where you at KTOWN??!

Greatest post in the history of NT.

You don't need to look farther than ISS selling fake Chocolates or using consignment money to start up that piece of @#%$ magazine to understand what kind of person Steve is and what kind of business
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
In FIVE I trust​

Quote:
Retro Penny Foams? I had to ante up too

I couldn't resist those either, but fortunately I had help on those thanks to a friend's employee discount.

I have paid $200 for a pair of Foamposite based shoes made for Penny Hardaway, though.

Quote:
I remember when this was a high price. Now I've seen $1000+. Ridiculous. I'm with you on this, I can't see myself even paying a little over retail anymore..

That's nothing new, though. Back in the day, I was offered $1,000 for one of my shoes.... of course, Jersey Joe was making the offer, so I knew if he was willing to pay $1,000 that he had a buyer in Japan willing to pay $3,000. That, though, was before the bottom fell out over there. I didn't just turn him down on principle, though, I don't collect shoes as an "investment."

With precious few exceptions, I keep what I buy and I ALWAYS buy shoes I like for their own sake. If the re-retro a classic shoe I own, I'm not upset because kids will have them - I'm glad that they'll have the opportunity to enjoy the same shoe and happy to have the option to own a pair I can actually wear without fear of disintegration. I'm only disappointed about classic retro shoes when Jordan/Nike get cheap on us and decide to cut corners.

I don't know, I guess there's something about an inferior replica that irritates me... this thread is proof enough of that.

Quote:
The reason we're going with Yuku, at least for the time being, is that EVERYONE will retain the usernames, passwords, post counts, and join dates.
TEAMYANKEES
[/b]

Quote:
As I think we've all learned by now, the strength of someone's collection has no bearing on the strength of their character
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

I am not going to lie, Meth. I read what Steve put and was 2nd guessing you. Thank you for replying and clearing this up. I know you didn't have to, but alot of us didn't know why there seemed to be a grudge between you both. Now that the whole story is out there, people can now judge for themselves.

As for YUKU, I switched my profile over liek a year ago, because there was rumor we were going over to that set-up...and lost my join up date...although this is not even an issue, its something I am hope is being addressed.
Latest Pickups: 3 Nike Dunk Low Premiums - Jordan Inspired VII, VIII, and IX

Quote:
you'd have committed that a long time ago :lol:
laugh.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
Code:
  I'm like I'll be damned mama, They Know Who I Am MamaI'm still ya little boy, but to them I'm The Man Mama!!!Sincerely Yours,Seymore Cake

Quote:
i've been done with classes for a minute but i felt like i was learning some NT history today.

word. as a relatively new member of the board, i was largely unaware of the history between the two boards other than the usual stereotypes of its members. todays events not only provided a new perspective on the "rivalry", but also on the sneaker game itself. very interesting stuff.
the white black frank white

someone already posted it but i just had to do it again....AWESOME!!!!

woods_tiger050410.jpg

...no really.

Back
Top Bottom