***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Whats up with the Penny bashing? He isn't the ace, 2nd, 3rd, or EVEN 4th starter, He's the 5th man on the rotation. You act like Martinez was pitchingany better. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he just when 8 scoreless innings against the World Series winners in their own park.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Whats up with the Penny bashing? He isn't the ace, 2nd, 3rd, or EVEN 4th starter, He's the 5th man on the rotation. You act like Martinez was pitching any better. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he just when 8 scoreless innings against the World Series winners in their own park.
My whole beef with signing Brad Penny was that he was horrible in Boston. A response I often heard was that he was in the AL facing teams like theYankees, Rangers, Rays, Blue Jays, etc. Well, then my comeback was looking back at his 2008 stats as an NL player. Those numbers were absolutely horrendous.

s13i9x.png

So, based on the numbers, I just wasn't cool with it.

Like I said a couple of posts ago, he's shown me something and I'm not afraid to say that I was wrong.

Whats up with the Penny bashing? He isn't the ace, 2nd, 3rd, or EVEN 4th starter, He's the 5th man on the rotation. You act like Martinez was pitching any better. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he just when 8 scoreless innings against the World Series winners in their own park.
This

[table][tr][td] Last 10 Games (Season Game Log)[/td] [td][/td] [td]Season to Date[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]Dec[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td] [/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]HLD[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 21[/td] [td]NYY[/td] [td]L 11-20[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]131.2[/td] [td]5.61[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 15[/td] [td]@ TEX[/td] [td]L 2-7[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]127.2[/td] [td]5.22[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 10[/td] [td]DET[/td] [td]W 6-5[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]122.0[/td] [td]5.16[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 5[/td] [td]@ TAM[/td] [td]L 4-6[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]116.0[/td] [td]5.20[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 29[/td] [td]OAK[/td] [td]L 6-8[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]110.0[/td] [td]5.07[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 24[/td] [td]BAL[/td] [td]W 3-1[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]105.0[/td] [td]4.71[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 18[/td] [td]@ TOR[/td] [td]L 2-6[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]98.2[/td] [td]5.02[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 9[/td] [td]KAN[/td] [td]L 6-8[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]93.2[/td] [td]4.71[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jul 4[/td] [td]SEA[/td] [td]L 2-3[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]88.2[/td] [td]4.67[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 28[/td] [td]@ ATL[/td] [td]L 1-2[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]82.2[/td] [td]4.79[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Total[/td] [td] [/td] [td]131.2[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]89[/td] [td] [/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]131.2[/td] [td]5.61[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

If you had come in here backing Penny before today's start I would have more respect for you. It's easy to back him now.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

If you had come in here backing Penny before today's start I would have more respect for you. It's easy to back him now.
Bingo

The only reason I backed the Penny move was because it was zero risk. If he doesn't work out, they are in the same position they were before. But I wasdefinitely nervous about what he would do.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

You must be posting from your phone every time then.

Whats your point dude? This post is about the Giants not LB510's grammar. I mean really if its not about baseball whats the point?

Originally Posted by vctry20

Bingo

The only reason I backed the Penny move was because it was zero risk. If he doesn't work out, they are in the same position they were before. But I was definitely nervous about what he would do.
Exactly ZERO risk. Im sorry that Im not as persistent in this post, but taking the risk and gamble that can potentially work out is what theGiants need to start doing. I like the management taking those risks, because just sitting down and not making any moves doesn't seem to have worked in thepast. Remember, Penny is fighting for a 5th starter position.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Bingo

The only reason I backed the Penny move was because it was zero risk. If he doesn't work out, they are in the same position they were before. But I was definitely nervous about what he would do.
Exactly ZERO risk. Im sorry that Im not as persistent in this post, but taking the risk and gamble that can potentially work out is what the Giants need to start doing. I like the management taking those risks, because just sitting down and not making any moves doesn't seem to have worked in the past. Remember, Penny is fighting for a 5th starter position.
I agree, and I think I've said virtually the same thing in previous posts so you're not the only one defending the Giants making thismove.

Anyone have the direct quote on what Benji said in regards to Posey being called up? I have been hearing about it all day but I have yet to see what was said.

"You know what, probably," said Molina, who is a free agent after the season. "This might mean I'm not coming back next year. Who knows? I'm ready for anything. I know how baseball goes. Whatever they want to do. The only thing I can say is that I've got my chin up always. I've done a lot for this team and helped many guys. I hold my ground. I've got nothing to be ashamed of. If they don't bring me back, hey, you have to move on."

"Regarding any messages, I don't know. If that's what they're trying to do, I don't think that's the way to send a message. But if they are, who knows. We'll see."

"I'll help Buster swing at first pitches, and I'll help LB510 construct proper sentences."
- Bengimin Molina

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by What up

"I'll help Buster swing at first pitches, and I'll help LB510 construct proper sentences."
- Bengimin Molina

Last Edited By: What up 09/02/09 11:39 PM. Edited 1 time.
roll.gif

Bengimin.
roll.gif
Nice.

If bringing up Posey gets Benji to play better, then I am all for it.

I'd be okay if Winn doesn't get another at-bat for the rest of the season. Play Nate, dammit!

I'd be okay if Winn doesn't get another at-bat for the rest of the season. Play Nate, dammit!

Back
Top Bottom