***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by freshhh

Lincecum just signed a 1year deal for 650k? +!*

sorry i dont really follow baseball anymore but for the current cy young winner, this doesnt make any sense to me.

lazy +@+ manny is rejecting 45 mil contracts and tims signing for less than a mil?
It makes perfect sense. Baseball contracts are far different than other pro sports such as baseball, basketball, etc. Lincecum is being paid thepay he deserves which is about a year and a half of being pro. He'll get his big contract eventually. He was already quoted saying that he has to live upto this increase in pay this season. I hope he has another stellar year.

Also, hoping that Johnson gets his achievement early and has a great year.

610x.jpg
610x.jpg
340x.jpg
pimp.gif
610x.jpg

3rd Annual Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League

So anyway, here's the info...
League ID #: 123457
League Password: qwerty
Draft Method: Live Draft
Draft Day and Time: the tentative date is March 22 at 11:30am
Max Teams: 14

It's pretty much default H2H Yahoo settings with the exception of a total of 50 maximum transactions for the entire season + postseason and a maximum of 3transactions per week. This is to limit the strategy of picking up and dropping pitchers constantly. At least in my experience in Fantasy Baseball, I think 3max transactions is a good amount. Another change is the minimum innings pitched per week is at 24.0 innings.

The positions are pretty much Yahoo's default settings. 1 catcher, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 SS, 3 OF, 1 UTIL, 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 5 BN, and 1 DL.

Any other questions, post it here or PM me. Good luck.

And yeah, just in case you didn't know, I've always done this through the Warriors Season Thread since so many of us are regulars in that thread. Firsttime I've posted it here.

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

those new hats and BP jerseys are pretty fresh
The jersey is nice, if I could find the cap like that but a new Era it's copped

So Affeldt is having problems with his control huh?

It was good to see Sanchez get 3 K's before he leaves to play in the WBC...I hope he has a solid year.

How are ticket prices for this year? Are they still expensive? I really want to go to Opening Night and see Lincecum accept his Cy Young Award.
Aren't seats next to the dug outs expensive? The closest I got was between first base and the visitor's bullpen.

[table][tr][td]Giants To Offer Manny More Than Two Years?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27th February, 2009 - 5:33 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco Chronicle - Giants president Larry Baer has declined to reveal whether or not the team had made Manny Ramirez a formal offer, but they are believed to be a player.

San Francisco could reportedly offer Ramirez a deal longer than two years, that also allows both sides to end the pact early if they so choose.

On Thursday, Ramirez and agent Scott Boras turned down a two-year, $45 million deal from the Dodgers. [READ]

http://baseball.realgm.co...nny_more_than_two_years/

Get this done!
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Poogibucker

even tho dude looks like a middle schooler, lincecum can definitely bring it
im hopin that frandsen can land that starting job at 2nd cuz im not sold on manny burriss
im expecting big numbers being put up from pablo,freddy,ishikawa(if he can learn to rake the lefties) and renteria
I see what you're saying about Burriss, but what makes you sold on Frandsen? Neither are proven.

mannys faster than kevin, but kevins got more pop, and we need all the bats we can get

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

It was good to see Sanchez get 3 K's before he leaves to play in the WBC...I hope he has a solid year.

How are ticket prices for this year? Are they still expensive? I really want to go to Opening Night and see Lincecum accept his Cy Young Award.
Aren't seats next to the dug outs expensive? The closest I got was between first base and the visitor's bullpen.
Field club seats are $100 a ticket. Those are only for regular match-ups.

Feature match-ups are $110 and Premium match-ups are $135.

Originally Posted by Red Is On NT

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Field club seats are $100 a ticket. Those are only for regular match-ups.

Feature match-ups are $110 and Premium match-ups are $135.
Thanks for the info. I'll try to get some good seats this season. I really want to be able to close up pictures of the players.

And if the Giants are a player for Manny...It would be funny if their fist offer was the same the Dodgers offered and he accepted it. But, other than that, ifthe deal works out financially for four years then maybe so I would want him to come to SF. But I honestly am scared he may quit on the team if things go sour.

I checked the last two days and haven't seen the magazine yet. I'm going to go again today to see if it's on sale yet.

I think it comes in the mail before it hits newsstands, but I don't know. I checked again today and it's still not there. Has anybody else been able tofind it?

Franchise, are you on sportsgraphing? Did you post your Lincecum jersey there? I lurk that board often, but I'm a member or sportscollectors.net. Checkthat out if your into TTM autographs.

I'm a member on both actually.
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if I posted the Lincecum jersey on either. Yeah I've been doing a little bit of TTM this Spring Training...most of them 08 A&Gs.

laugh.gif
I just sent out A&Gs to the "for sure" returns on the team (Velez, Bowker, Holm, Roberts). I also sent a ROMLB to Buster Posey. Hope I getthat one back.

Have you ever tried to graph by the home/away player lots or by the dugouts?

I sent Posey a ROMLB too about a week ago.

I made a thread on SG about graphing at AT&T, but didn't get too much info. I've gotten autographs by the bullpen and the dugout, but it'spretty hard. I heard that most players get to the park by cab so you can get their autographs as their walking into the park by the dugout store. I'llprobably try to do that this year to see how it goes.

I got my Lincecum ESPN Magazine earlier this week
pimp.gif
. I'm going to cop another one probably tomorrow at Barnes & Noble.

I'm thinking about getting a 20x24 of the cover if Lincecum does another signing. For some reason I really like this cover.

Looks like a good all around game. Lincecum retired 9 batters on 27 pitches. Posey got an AB, has a sac fly

Back
Top Bottom