Shameless official thread Vol. Don't even know what season they are on.

That episode was soooo cringeworthy. Especially the Rick Fox barber shop scene. Them calling Frank "Cracker Frank"... :smh:. Still got us in durags, long platinum chains and pinwheel fitteds. I've already beat that horse to death though :lol:.

I kinda feel some type of way about how the writers are portraying the "gangster blacks" in shameless. Feels so cartoonish. Fiona taking Carl's cornrows out to symbolize the "good carl", and Frank donning straight back cornrows and strutting to the hood with shades and 2002 Xzibit sounding music in the backround was cringeworthy. Escalades on 20 inch spinners? :smh: man.

Also, Shameless out here making Carl soft. He's supposed to be borderline crazy...and recently institutionalized. Now he's smart, reasonable and collected after his man caught a homie? I understand he just saw some sht....but man....I feel like it's not consistent with who his character potentially could be. Just seems lazy.

This season has been a lil too cartoonish for me.

That episode was soooo cringeworthy. Especially the Rick Fox barber shop scene. Them calling Frank "Cracker Frank"... :smh:. Still got us in durags, long platinum chains and pinwheel fitteds. I've already beat that horse to death though :lol:.

I kinda feel some type of way about how the writers are portraying the "gangster blacks" in shameless. Feels so cartoonish. Fiona taking Carl's cornrows out to symbolize the "good carl", and Frank donning straight back cornrows and strutting to the hood with shades and 2002 Xzibit sounding music in the backround was cringeworthy. Escalades on 20 inch spinners? :smh: man.

Also, Shameless out here making Carl soft. He's supposed to be borderline crazy...and recently institutionalized. Now he's smart, reasonable and collected after his man caught a homie? I understand he just saw some sht....but man....I feel like it's not consistent with who his character potentially could be. Just seems lazy.

Reminds me of the season where frank pretends to die and the fake a funeral for him.

Dammit Lip. Another W in the books. :lol:

Glad Carl is straightening up. He is not a street cat and possibly has Lip style potential.

Debbie gets another L. Knew something was off about that guy.

Ian seems tolerable now.

I feel some big Ls are on the way for the Gallaghers besides small stuff they haven't really been pressed.

how else would you expect him to react when he sees the body of a dead kid his homie beat to death with a hammer dude is still a kid after all lol aint nothing soft about it and I'm glad he's straightening out. i felt like he was trying to hard to fit in to that black stereotype like V was telling him before

I take the portrayal of black ppl in the hood on this show as to be a Chicago view of it :lol:

As for Carl he was never actually crazy. He was just young and having fun not giving a ****. He's come down to Earth and been reasonable a few times before.

I take the portrayal of black ppl in the hood on this show as to be a Chicago view of it :lol:

As for Carl he was never actually crazy. He was just young and having fun not giving a ****. He's come down to Earth and been reasonable a few times before.

Exactly, it wasn't real to Carl. He was just having fun emulating what he thought was cool and then it got heightened when he was in jail. A real kid from the street would say, "Ima sit this one out" when your boss tell you to do a job.

They made a joke of it in the end of the ep by them chasing him.

Losing a package is death on site, they just would've done a drive by.

Sherliyn Fenn is officially the hottest old white lady I've ever seen.

Also brown hair sorority girl looking gooder than a mug....this show single handedly put me on skinny white girls with nice teddies but no butt. And curvy old white ladies too

Last edited:
i think they bring back "el gran canyon" 
mean.gif

I don't think they have actual black people involved with the show.

It was obvious some of the people involved aren't "thugs" and good acting like it beyond them being black. The casting was really bad.

and I agree with the Carl part, but I think they sort of portrayed him like Lip. How he might have been maturing and growing up.

Cats is mad about gangster black people are portrayed. Amazing. I've literally heard it all. :smh: :smh:

I'm sure the Aryans are also pissed about Chucky portrayed them.

Don't lash out at me because you focus on the wrong things.

I wonder if Mexican people are mad at how Little Joker portrayed Mexican gangsters in Next Friday.

Germans were probably pissed at how Tarantino portrayed Nazi's in Inglorious Basterds.

And word on the street is, Muslims were pissed at how terrorists were portrayed I'm London Has Fallen. So don't worry bro, you're in good company. Keep fighting the good fight for an accurate depiction of the worst elements of black people.

Last edited:
Cats is mad about gangster black people are portrayed. Amazing. I've literally heard it all. :smh: :smh:

I'm sure the Aryans are also pissed about Chucky portrayed them.
You kinda don't get it, but okay.

Lets just move on before more ppl get exposed.

Like I said, cats love worrying about the wrong thing. One day, every one is Marcus Garvey, all about uplifting ****. The next day, I don't like how black gangsters are portrayed in this fictional TV show. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And you wonder why nothing positive ever happens. But as many know, I have no dog in this fight. So carry on with your fake outrage. I can hear the NT group think mob approaching.

Like I said, cats love worrying about the wrong thing. One day, every one is Marcus Garvey, all about uplifting ****. The next day, I don't like how black gangsters are portrayed in this fictional TV show. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And you wonder why nothing positive ever happens. But as many know, I have no dog in this fight. So carry on with your fake outrage. I can hear the NT group think mob approaching.

Your trolling sucks.

I think I've been on this board long enough that it's well known I do not worry about any of you. However, I do like making observations on things I deem silly or hypocritical.

I thought lip was going to take down his step mom . with her saying he looked like a young Frank and with his whole older lady steez

I think I've been on this board long enough that it's well known I do not worry about any of you.
I really don't know who you are for you to think that's common knowledge :lol:
However, I do like making observations on things I deem silly or hypocritical.
I think the basic response so far has been you don't know what the **** you're talking about/you're belittling a stance cuz it doesn't mean anything to you.

That's fine. Like I said, move on.

Back
Top Bottom