Shaving for an interview at a law firm?

iblink

Banned
Interview is this Thursday for an office assistant position. I want to work in the law field, so this could potentially open a lot of doors. needless to say, I'm excited and nervous. All I can think of is should I shave?

img00204201007271538.jpg

Interview is this Thursday for an office assistant position. I want to work in the law field, so this could potentially open a lot of doors. needless to say, I'm excited and nervous. All I can think of is should I shave?

img00204201007271538.jpg

Yes. I would. You want to give a good clean first impression. You could always grow that back after you're hired.

No point jeopardising your chances over something so trivial.

Yes. I would. You want to give a good clean first impression. You could always grow that back after you're hired.

No point jeopardising your chances over something so trivial.

Just get it shaped up into a connect. I have a goatee and I consistently trim it every few days or so. Facial hair is cool in the business field as long as it's trimmed to the "T".

Just get it shaped up into a connect. I have a goatee and I consistently trim it every few days or so. Facial hair is cool in the business field as long as it's trimmed to the "T".

If you do choose to shave are you going to cut it all of? Leave a goatee? Mustache? Soul patch? (
laugh.gif
) I would just clean up the beard on that very morning and roll with it.
wink.gif

Also, consider this: What do you feel the most comfortable wearing? I normally don't like to mess with something the night before or day of a big event as it sometimes puts me "out of whack" so to speak and not on the very pinnacle of my game. It's definitely something you should keep in mind. 

If you do choose to shave are you going to cut it all of? Leave a goatee? Mustache? Soul patch? (
laugh.gif
) I would just clean up the beard on that very morning and roll with it.
wink.gif

Also, consider this: What do you feel the most comfortable wearing? I normally don't like to mess with something the night before or day of a big event as it sometimes puts me "out of whack" so to speak and not on the very pinnacle of my game. It's definitely something you should keep in mind. 

now I'd be all for having a beard when going in for a interview, but that right there, is not a beard.
Thats unmanaged facial hair, shaving is a must for you my good man.

now I'd be all for having a beard when going in for a interview, but that right there, is not a beard.

i would clean shave the morning of the interview, and if you get the job and get comfortable then grow it back.

i even shaved for an interview to move up in the store i worked in with the interviewing manager i was already familiar with...

i would clean shave the morning of the interview, and if you get the job and get comfortable then grow it back.

i even shaved for an interview to move up in the store i worked in with the interviewing manager i was already familiar with...

If you were white I would say shave it for sure, but in your case I don't think it'd be that big a deal as long as it was very clean and tight. Believe it or not, facial hair is considered much more acceptable for non-white people. I currently work at a law firm and I went into the interview with a goatee and still have one.

But, I do somewhat agree with people who said it's not worth the risk. If you don't care either way, just shave it to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom