Shawn Kemp sig's

18825dee1a5f9d574bcbf45c8d6a1ffd3befb73.pjpg

Yo, when i was on line for the Swizz Kamikaze's, some Reebok reps came out early in the morning before the store opened. They brought breakfast too (good lookin out RBK!), but most importantly is they let us talk to them about Reeboks plans. We all agreed that Reebok has been missing from the retro game and that they do have some heat in the vault.

They of course cited the Questions, which we (again) all agreed were actually over retroed, but asked about Kemp's sig shoes, Shaq's sig shoes, and I think somebody mentioned Emmitt Smith too...

Concerning the Kamikaze's, they said that it is in the plan to retro those. The Swizz Kamikaze was basically a "trial run" of Reebok getting into what the Reebok rep called "lifestyle shoes and clothes" (probably similar to Nike/JB's L-series). It kinda makes sense considering Reebok is releasing like 5 other colorways of the Swizz Kamikaze.

As for Shaq, Reebok is not allowed to use the Shaq logo while Shaq is in the NBA. The rep said that they want to retro those right, which means including the Shaq logo, which is why they have not yet been retroed. But everyone knows that Shaq's days are (unfortunately) numbered, so some of the old Shaq's might be in the near future (remember the one with the circles on the side, kinda like the Twilight Zone?? DOOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!!)

That's all I got...

Yo, when i was on line for the Swizz Kamikaze's, some Reebok reps came out early in the morning before the store opened. They brought breakfast too (good lookin out RBK!), but most importantly is they let us talk to them about Reeboks plans. We all agreed that Reebok has been missing from the retro game and that they do have some heat in the vault.

They of course cited the Questions, which we (again) all agreed were actually over retroed, but asked about Kemp's sig shoes, Shaq's sig shoes, and I think somebody mentioned Emmitt Smith too...

Concerning the Kamikaze's, they said that it is in the plan to retro those. The Swizz Kamikaze was basically a "trial run" of Reebok getting into what the Reebok rep called "lifestyle shoes and clothes" (probably similar to Nike/JB's L-series). It kinda makes sense considering Reebok is releasing like 5 other colorways of the Swizz Kamikaze.

As for Shaq, Reebok is not allowed to use the Shaq logo while Shaq is in the NBA. The rep said that they want to retro those right, which means including the Shaq logo, which is why they have not yet been retroed. But everyone knows that Shaq's days are (unfortunately) numbered, so some of the old Shaq's might be in the near future (remember the one with the circles on the side, kinda like the Twilight Zone?? DOOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!!)

That's all I got...

I knew there was something with Shaq but didn't know he jut had to be gone. Still needs to be marketed and released correctly to make a splash

I knew there was something with Shaq but didn't know he jut had to be gone. Still needs to be marketed and released correctly to make a splash

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Definitely.

Nike changed the name of the Garnett's and removed any of KG's branding on the sneakers, but Reebok can't do that. Nike can because of the large amount of brand loyalty they have from consumers. If I could of already had a pair (or two, or three
grin.gif
) of Shaqnosis in my collection and the only stipulation was that they changed the name to something like Attaqnosis and removed the dunkman logo, I would of still easily purchased them. (Having a true 1:1 and proper retro with everything intact would be best though.)

Adidas is recently and successfully retroing Kobe signatures while removing Kobe branding off of them, but it was at an ideal time. He's recently coming off back-to-back championships, finals MVP's, and an All-Star MVP. Plus he's still one of, if not the biggest draw in the league.

I think Reebok should retro the Emmitt's too. Look at the success Nike has had with the Deion's. They could retro the ES 22's, Rush I's, and the Rush II's.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Definitely.

Nike changed the name of the Garnett's and removed any of KG's branding on the sneakers, but Reebok can't do that. Nike can because of the large amount of brand loyalty they have from consumers. If I could of already had a pair (or two, or three
grin.gif
) of Shaqnosis in my collection and the only stipulation was that they changed the name to something like Attaqnosis and removed the dunkman logo, I would of still easily purchased them. (Having a true 1:1 and proper retro with everything intact would be best though.)

Adidas is recently and successfully retroing Kobe signatures while removing Kobe branding off of them, but it was at an ideal time. He's recently coming off back-to-back championships, finals MVP's, and an All-Star MVP. Plus he's still one of, if not the biggest draw in the league.

I think Reebok should retro the Emmitt's too. Look at the success Nike has had with the Deion's. They could retro the ES 22's, Rush I's, and the Rush II's.

Reebok had plenty of early 90s heat.  Anyone old enough to remember knows that there was a time when things weren't as lopsided as they are now.  One of the best things they did was retro the Dee Brown Omni's.  The only mistake they made was making them tooooo limited. 

Either way, it's good to see that they are taking steps to retro some of the classics.  If they re-release those Dee Browns, the Kamikaze 1s and the rookie Shaqs I'll be happy. 

Reebok had plenty of early 90s heat.  Anyone old enough to remember knows that there was a time when things weren't as lopsided as they are now.  One of the best things they did was retro the Dee Brown Omni's.  The only mistake they made was making them tooooo limited. 

Either way, it's good to see that they are taking steps to retro some of the classics.  If they re-release those Dee Browns, the Kamikaze 1s and the rookie Shaqs I'll be happy. 

^^sure you're not thinking of Fila? I remember the Monster Mash's from Fila. Can't recall a Reebok signature for Mashburn.

^^sure you're not thinking of Fila? I remember the Monster Mash's from Fila. Can't recall a Reebok signature for Mashburn.

Originally Posted by GhengesK

oops my bad I want to see them do the pump line justice and bring back that aggressive tough blacktop line.Reebok's bball  line was masculine and rough I don't care for sneakers that give me tone or crap like that.If they make the shoes comfy and accurate enough to hoop in I will lace them up on the court like I did a few of my omni pumps and questions.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GhengesK

oops my bad I want to see them do the pump line justice and bring back that aggressive tough blacktop line.Reebok's bball  line was masculine and rough I don't care for sneakers that give me tone or crap like that.If they make the shoes comfy and accurate enough to hoop in I will lace them up on the court like I did a few of my omni pumps and questions.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

If I could of already had a pair (or two, or three
grin.gif

Are the "Shaqnosis" the ones that I was talkin about with the circles on the side that look like The Twilight Zone?

Also, Just as an FYI, Addidas owns Reebok, so Addidas' recent retro of the Crazy 8 falls right in line with Reebok/Addidas' plans to get into the urban retro market.

Also, didn't Frank Thomas AKA The Big Hurt have a Reebok sig shoe?

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

If I could of already had a pair (or two, or three
grin.gif

Are the "Shaqnosis" the ones that I was talkin about with the circles on the side that look like The Twilight Zone?

Also, Just as an FYI, Addidas owns Reebok, so Addidas' recent retro of the Crazy 8 falls right in line with Reebok/Addidas' plans to get into the urban retro market.

Also, didn't Frank Thomas AKA The Big Hurt have a Reebok sig shoe?

Back
Top Bottom