Shoe Game is pretty much over for me now..

I'm pretty much done with buying sneakers..I've realized that being 35 with 175 pairs of shoes is pointless, so I started to sell what I could..Down to about 85 pairs now and the only reason I have that much is cause people don't want to buy vnds shoes..You just get to a point where between the price hikes, bad quality, and multiple re re retros it just makes it overkill..I'll always love shoes and I'll always get a pair or two a year, if I really have a desire for the shoe, but the "collecting" part of it is done for me..I'd rather spend money on my son anyway..Besides what the hell am I supposed to do with all these shoes when I'm 55 or 60?..

Wear them obviously :lol:. I battle with about what to keep also. I have about 75 pairs and that's over a 12 year span. I decided to keep all of them. There are a few I want, and that's it. The current prices are definitely a deterrent. As I mentioned earlier, being selective is key. Not many people have thay eye, they just buy everything. The desire should never go away. I once saw a man with metallic blue AJ I's. He was in his 80's. I didn't know whether to :wow: at the shoe, or the fact that an 80 something year old man is walking around with these on. If I can find the pic, I'll post it.

"Collecting" is what started the price hikes. I have about 200 pairs of shoes, but that's through more than 10 years of buying shoes and wearing them. People treat them like trophies, sticking them in a closet just to take pics to post online. As soon as shoes were no longer "just shoes" things turned for the worst in every possible way.
Agreed. I never understood the description of being a "collector" it implies that they will not be worn, just displayed. I might have stuff on ice for a while but you better believe it will be worn. Likely, it's a double of a shoe I really like. I don't buy shoes to display them.
The only shoes that I think should be displayed/collected is things like PE's (saw someone with the ray allen 23s and it was 
pimp.gif
) and things that were game worn. 

I often refer to the shoes I wear as a collection though. Shrug

^ I agree. PE's are usually ones you can't wear anyway because they are so damn big. I refer to my kicks as a collection too (obviously) but not in the sense of just to look at.

Real talk, I feel what nixon james and ninjahood are saying. I feel the same way. I think y'all saw race in nixon's post and missed the deeper meaning. I don't know whether it's due to his wording or you guys really don't see his point, but what he says is absolutely true and not racist at all. Things don't become mainstream until the majority (white people) co-sign it. How is that racist. It's been done historically. Yes, once sub culture hits the 'burbs, sorry y'all it's dead and no longer "sub culture", it's mainstream. Deal with it, if you can't see that, that's on you. As far as Ninjahood, I feel you 1000% homie. I love kicks out of being basically a basketball fan. As a kid, I wanted kicks from watching the players I liked. Nowadays with the internet and research, it's easy to fake authenticity. So, it's harder to tell who is a real fan from behind a keyboard. People newer to kicks see it as a commodity. They line up to get as much of it to sell as much of it to max out profit. That's not what loving kicks is all about. That's loving money, which is what our society is about, but the genuine love gets lost behind the value of the dollar. Much like how rap has changed.

This right here. It's laughable when some teen cat says that AJ## was their favourite when growing up. It was your favourite because it was the best deal that your folks could get for you. No need to front and revise history.

Last edited:
Real talk, I feel what nixon james and ninjahood are saying. I feel the same way. I think y'all saw race in nixon's post and missed the deeper meaning. I don't know whether it's due to his wording or you guys really don't see his point, but what he says is absolutely true and not racist at all. Things don't become mainstream until the majority (white people) co-sign it. How is that racist. It's been done historically. Yes, once sub culture hits the 'burbs, sorry y'all it's dead and no longer "sub culture", it's mainstream. Deal with it, if you can't see that, that's on you. As far as Ninjahood, I feel you 1000% homie. I love kicks out of being basically a basketball fan. As a kid, I wanted kicks from watching the players I liked. Nowadays with the internet and research, it's easy to fake authenticity. So, it's harder to tell who is a real fan from behind a keyboard. People newer to kicks see it as a commodity. They line up to get as much of it to sell as much of it to max out profit. That's not what loving kicks is all about. That's loving money, which is what our society is about, but the genuine love gets lost behind the value of the dollar. Much like how rap has changed.

This right here. It's laughable when some teen cat says that AJ## was their favourite when growing up. It was your favourite because it was the best deal that your folks could get for you. No need to front and revise history.

yeah, those people look like clowns for lying... but they're just clothing accessories, there are no requirements to buy something.

I see kids "angry" at hypebeasts all the time, let them look silly.

I just threw a pair of used white 8s from 03 in the clothing bin for those in need. Hope a young dude gets them and smiles they still have plenty of life. Sometimes you gotta give it away.

I just threw a pair of used white 8s from 03 in the clothing bin for those in need. Hope a young dude gets them and smiles they still have plenty of life. Sometimes you gotta give it away.

I gave about 20 away to united way last year. But I always picture in my head an employee taking them before those in need get a chance :lol: IDK man I just hope they get to the right people when I let them go but I always wonder :nerd:

^^^

Maybe try Soles4Souls. I dropped off like 20 pair as well around the holidays. And the drop off location was a lil kids dance studio.

Very little possibility that they would get taxed I'd say.

it was a RUDE awakening when i first got here...when i was coppin kicks i thought only hood dudes gave a crap

about kicks...soon as i went to my first sneaker event way back when, da amount of dweebs, dorks, and nerds

was mindblowing.

i remember when NT was almost all asian too, back then my demographic wasn't hip to da proliferation of da kicks culture

to da web, still doing da going to da corner and copping from mom & pops, and if they sold out, oh wells just get w/e's on da wall.

:smh: I agree. But Ninja, kill all the "da" ish bruh.. you're 30 now.

**** a game

I love me some SB's, love gettin' em on the (relatively) cheap since most have moved on to Jays.

yeah, those people look like clowns for lying... but they're just clothing accessories, there are no requirements to buy something.

I see kids "angry" at hypebeasts all the time, let them look silly.

That's the thing, there is a requirment now. You either have to camo in front of a store for days, have bots on your computer, twitter snipe rsvps, or pay extra for "hook ups". Normal people are no longer able to buy the majority of "hot" shoes

i just remember 2006 when all the retro 3s and 4s dropped and you can cop any of them a week after there release and maybe even later...

i just think now how many pairs i could have gotten and held onto for a few years and made bank..

examples:

1. do the right thing 3s... got no love and barely sold... now peeps pay like 400 to 500

2. the raging bull box set.. i felt like i was the only person that loved them when they dropped.. could have bought mad box sets for retail 325 and even less... now peeps pay 750 or 800 for the red pair alone...

3. even the DB 1, 2, 6 you could have copped easily, then the 3s got harder and the 4s were tough as **** and the 9s also..

but in 2006 etc.. till around 2010 or so....

everybody was all about nike sb, regular nike dunks, af1s, etc...(i was huge into nike sb and still cop here and there..)

then the yeezys came out and the louie vuitton yeezys, etc...

not to mention every **** rider saw jay z, kanye , or someone and had to have the jays, etc on their feet..

also now, peeps love vans, asics, new balance, etc..its nice to see peeps branch out and nice releases and collabs from various brands...

i do think its insane u can barely get a gr jordan these days honestly

but in the end wear and buy what u like.... i know my tastes have changed a bit, but i still love it all for the most part, ..

i def have calmed down in spending though...

got way too much and like to scoop older gems or must haves..

^^^no doubt about it technology definitely changed the culture for better and worse depending on your demographic, mainly. When I was in HS all I had was a phone book lmao Only skipped class once for the Concords but somehow managed to get every release back then. I'm 27 now but still it's wild witnessing between then and now.

I love sneakers. Always will. Its just part of me. That said i cant remember the last release i bought? It's been years. I watched all my favorite J's release over the past couple years without buying a single pair.

Priorities change, more then that i was tired of paying a premium price for a product that the midsole paint would crack after 1 or 2 wears. The hassle of copping kicks in LA and paying over retail to secure my pair also became a pretty big turn off.

I still have a storage full of sneakers so i just go every couple of months to swap out a few pairs and it feels kinda like im copping new kicks.

People saying that they got out of sneakers because of the types of people that are into them now? And because they don't want to be equated with these "nerds"? Worry about your damn self. And we're all shoe nerds to some extent, for God's sake we're posting on an internet forum about sneakers.

instead of hating the current state of the sneaker culture, now more then a better time to cash out on the hobby and resell all your DS shoes and VNDS shoes on craigslist.   There alway a bright side!!!!!

Let all these 16-17-18-19-20 year old kids  waste there money.  Remember back in early 2000 when fast and furious came out and everyone try to mod there cars to be cool.  I guess it sneakers now!!! 

People saying that they got out of sneakers because of the types of people that are into them now? And because they don't want to be equated with these "nerds"? Worry about your damn self. And we're all shoe nerds to some extent, for God's sake we're posting on an internet forum about sneakers.
exactly. If you can fall out of love with said "shoe game" that easily you probably never really loved it

instead of hating the current state of the sneaker culture, now more then a better time to cash out on the hobby and resell all your DS shoes and VNDS shoes on craigslist.   There alway a bright side!!!!!

Let all these 16-17-18-19-20 year old kids  waste there money.  Remember back in early 2000 when fast and furious came out and everyone try to mod there cars to be cool.  I guess it sneakers now!!! 

Wait, whut? Idk exactly what you mean, but you sound like a reseller :lol:. I bought all my kicks to keep man. I don't buy just to resell down the road. Now, and I've always said this to myself, if I ultimately MUST, then I would sell them, other than that, it's a no go.

Lol ok, and if your passion in life is to give your money to nike, more power to you.

"Love the shoe game" lol

Last edited:
it was a RUDE awakening when i first got here...when i was coppin kicks i thought only hood dudes gave a crap

about kicks...soon as i went to my first sneaker event way back when, da amount of dweebs, dorks, and nerds

was mindblowing.

i remember when NT was almost all asian too, back then my demographic wasn't hip to da proliferation of da kicks culture

to da web, still doing da going to da corner and copping from mom & pops, and if they sold out, oh wells just get w/e's on da wall.

i miss this dude nh :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom