Shoe sizing question???

I know this might be consideried a dumb question but here goes. my favorite size to wear is 14 but I normally find 13s and a few 15s

Is there anyway to stretch out 13s so they feel better or wear like extra socks to make the 15s felt better?

Shoe sizing can be tricky if you have a weird foot or if the shoe has a weird last but there are a few basic things you need to follow: make sure you haveenough room in the toe box, make sure the widest part of your foot is in the widest part of the shoe and make sure your foot doesn't slip out.

You can use thicker insoles and tongue pads to fill in space on shoes that run a little big and depending on the material of the shoe you can have a tightershoe stretched (basically pre-broken in). wearing extra socks is stupid, the shoe still won't fit right and if its not the right size you can cause seriousfoot problems, especially since you're probably a big guy putting a lot of weight on your feet, your shoes are the most important thing you wear.

are you talking dress shoes or sneakers?

Originally Posted by infamousod

Shoe sizing can be tricky if you have a weird foot or if the shoe has a weird last but there are a few basic things you need to follow: make sure you have enough room in the toe box, make sure the widest part of your foot is in the widest part of the shoe and make sure your foot doesn't slip out.

You can use thicker insoles and tongue pads to fill in space on shoes that run a little big and depending on the material of the shoe you can have a tighter shoe stretched (basically pre-broken in). wearing extra socks is stupid, the shoe still won't fit right and if its not the right size you can cause serious foot problems, especially since you're probably a big guy putting a lot of weight on your feet, your shoes are the most important thing you wear.

I talking about sneakers.

The older Jordans(like the 99 white/metallic Vs) for some reason dont feel bad in a size 13but the newer Jordans(XVI,XXs and XX3s while unbearable arent supercomfortable to play basketball in.

So putting insoles can help make up the difference in bigger shoes?

So which do you think is better to go with the smaller size or the bigger size?

if you can tolerate it Id go with the smaller size. After some wear they should stretch and fit nice.

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

infamousod wrote:

Shoe sizing can be tricky if you have a weird foot or if the shoe has a weird last but there are a few basic things you need to follow: make sure you have enough room in the toe box, make sure the widest part of your foot is in the widest part of the shoe and make sure your foot doesn't slip out.

You can use thicker insoles and tongue pads to fill in space on shoes that run a little big and depending on the material of the shoe you can have a tighter shoe stretched (basically pre-broken in). wearing extra socks is stupid, the shoe still won't fit right and if its not the right size you can cause serious foot problems, especially since you're probably a big guy putting a lot of weight on your feet, your shoes are the most important thing you wear.

I talking about sneakers.

The older Jordans(like the 99 white/metallic Vs) for some reason dont feel bad in a size 13but the newer Jordans(XVI,XXs and XX3s while unbearable arent super comfortable to play basketball in.

So putting insoles can help make up the difference in bigger shoes?

So which do you think is better to go with the smaller size or the bigger size?

you can't stretch sneakers, they break in as you wear them, you can stretch dress shoes to an extent (you need a professional to do it though, don'ttry it at home)

different shoes have different lasts, and its not about getting the smaller shoe or the bigger shoe its about finding the right shoe. that's why I usuallyget 2-3 pairs if I find a pair that fits perfect. don't settle.

Insoles do make a difference but keep in mind that you will basically have to live with them afterwards, I can't play basketball or run without usingspenco insoles (green ones from footlocker), but you could experiment and see if you find the right combination, I can't see/feel your foot in the shoefrom here so I can't really tell you.

Back
Top Bottom