Shoezeum on Pawnstars tonight and a rare 14k Nintendo game!

This might be a seismic shift...i heard nike dont bang with da owner

Of shoezeum, money probably had it with kicks & wants out.

This might be a seismic shift...i heard nike dont bang with da owner

Of shoezeum, money probably had it with kicks & wants out.
Could you speak on this a little more? Curiosity got me.
This. 
nerd.gif
 Any links. 

Think outside the box here.

Dude had his stuff up on ebay awhile back.. All to cause some sort of viral hysteria among blogs and message boards. He had no inclination to sell at normal markup. He had lots of various sneaker genres going for 100x their value... He marketed it out perfectly. People saw his fake "auctions" and wanted to see more... It has now only hit the mainstream here on a bigger scale with pawn stars. I doubt any of it was for sale for a realistic figure.

95% of what we see on pawnstars is stuff that is not even really being "sold/ for sale". They get people to make an appearance with a cool item for the shows sake. Everyone wins. Now people will be wondering where this place is, or how to get in contact if they want some of his shoes.. Either this shoezeum guy is playing pawnstars with the free advertising, or it's a part of the whole big scheme to feature "odd" and "cool" items no matter if they are really being sold ....

The show is entertaining, but from the start it's pretty much all fake. I heard they have casting calls to get people to just bring in some old cool items to be featured on the show, just for the sake of being on the show. They likely have a few key items for sale at their place from the airings, but most of them are props. Coin collectors, and many gun hobbyists realized this long ago when many items didn't match up one way or another

Last edited:

Dude had his stuff up on ebay awhile back.. All to cause some sort of viral hysteria among blogs and message boards. He had no inclination to sell at normal markup. He had lots of various sneaker genres going for 100x their value... He marketed it out perfectly. People saw his fake "auctions" and wanted to see more... It has now only hit the mainstream here on a bigger scale with pawn stars. I doubt any of it was for sale for a realistic figure.

95% of what we see on pawnstars is stuff that is not even really being "sold/ for sale". They get people to make an appearance with a cool item for the shows sake. Everyone wins. Now people will be wondering where this place is, or how to get in contact if they want some of his shoes.. Either this shoezeum guy is playing pawnstars with the free advertising, or it's a part of the whole big scheme to feature "odd" and "cool" items no matter if they are really being sold ....

The show is entertaining, but from the start it's pretty much all fake. I heard they have casting calls to get people to just bring in some old cool items to be featured on the show, just for the sake of being on the show. They likely have a few key items for sale at their place from the airings, but most of them are props. Coin collectors, and many gun hobbyists realized this long ago when many items didn't make up one way or another
Gotdamn Debbie Downer right here folks... I mean damnn.

Jimmies sounded extra rustled.

The show is entertaining, but from the start it's pretty much all fake. I heard they have casting calls to get people to just bring in some old cool items to be featured on the show, just for the sake of being on the show. They likely have a few key items for sale at their place from the airings, but most of them are props. Coin collectors, and many gun hobbyists realized this long ago when many items didn't make up one way or another
Gotdamn Debbie Downer right here folks... I mean damnn.

Jimmies sounded extra rustled.
But he's right. I went  to the shop when I was in Vegas. Half the shop was show merchandise. By any means was it interesting.

My local pawnshop has cooler stuff. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Def not a mil.... Couple shoes worth a couple grand Max ... Math not adding up

This show is fake. I've been to the shop and it's filled with junk. It's a tourist trap.

I don't even think it'd be worth half a million, in order to sell it at a profit you've got to buy low, plus while there's a cool stuff in there, there's also a lot of fluff. I saw some AM 24/7s as Rick was walking out of the shop (super comfortable shoe, not worth any mark up). Plus I can't imagine the market sustaining super high values for much longer, when the bottom falls out some people are going to hold on to the hard to get shoes, but the speculators are going to dump it to get what they can possibly get out of it.

He does have a lot of general release stuff..but a lot of his rare stuff makes up the value of his 2,500 pairs..I would keep the Shoezum open if I were him..seems like a dope place to visit

i hate to sound naive, but if this is really fake then they got me. i know all "reality" shows are staged, but this isnt the typical reality show 

i guess the only reason i thought this show was real is because i figured i could just roll down to the shop and see all the stuff they just bought. 

Back
Top Bottom