Short Documentary on Norwegian Prison System

eek.gif
straight chillin in there

What types of crimes are they committing for them to have such a relaxed environment?

Murderers, rapists and people who commit battery don't deserve that treatment.

The prisoners have a TV in the "cell" And its bigger than mine.
30t6p3b.gif

Its crazy that no law enforcement in Norway carries a gun.

i understand and somewhat agree with the Warden's logic on why he running the prison they way it does, but that will NEVER fly in the US sadly

Literally one of the greatest countries in the world
laugh.gif
Damn prisoner's house looks nicer than my apartment
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
wow man 21 years is the maximum sentence. I wonder what the minimum is?

That is such a sharp contrast to what its like over here. 
eek.gif
Seriously, wow. I respect what the warden said, "here, is more normal. So you can act more normal when you get out." For that very reason is the explanation as to why the number of repeat offenders in the US is so high.

That house where they stay has EVERYTHING!!! Dude's are in prison and living way better than me. Crazy. 

Thanks for the vid OP.

What's interesting is that most Norwegian prisoners don't go back to crime either, unlike the US.

But it's dumb how Anders Behring Breivik is going to spend only 21 years in prison, and also spend those years in THIS prison.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AEA18

eek.gif

3 days, 2 nights.
other countries (minus africa) prisons are more sane than ours. that should say something 
nerd.gif

Now I have to see what the homeless shelters look like there. If they're bad just get into a fight, win and go to the luxury rehabilitation center.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Now I have to see what the homeless shelters look like there. If they're bad just get into a fight, win and go to the luxury rehabilitation center.

bro, in scandinavia, if youre homeless its by choice. In denmark at least, if you are homeless the government guarantees you a job and an apartment. As long as you work that job, they will provide you with your own place to stay so you can get back on your feet. The cats that are homeless just didnt want to work that job, or for some reason enjoy being homeless.

Originally Posted by Luciano Jones

eek.gif

3 days, 2 nights.
other countries (minus africa) prisons are more sane than ours. that should say something 
nerd.gif
21 years is life, thats why its the max.

African prisons are a whole nother world. You cant imagine how truly scary a place on earth can be until youve been inside an ethiopian prison/jail
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif

3 days, 2 nights.
nerd.gif
Have you seen prisons in Central and South America? Oh.

In America, we take small time criminals, with a 1-3 year sentence, and our penal system turns them into hard time criminals. This Scandinavian system looks like it works MUCH better. But at the same time, they don't have as many murderers in thier prisons.

eek.gif

3 days, 2 nights.
nerd.gif

sick.gif

That's why that guy didn't commit suicide. He knew he'd just get arrested and tossed in a country club for the rest of his life. In America, these types kill themselves because they're either facing life or the chair.

Back
Top Bottom