should driver licenses be taken away at a certain age?

Should driver license be taken away at a certain age?

• Total voters
People shouldnt be allowed to run for political office after a certain age.

IMG_0832.gif

I think that every drinker needs to take a driving test every 10 years to remain licensed.

Exactly. I’ve literally seen teenagers STOP in the middle of the road, or stopped at a green light. Head in phone texting or talking. Other adults as well. My silly a*** younger brother almost ended himself speeding.

I’ve seen young folks, driving recklessly in residential areas.

I’d rather an old person driving slow than these reckless youngsters and adults.

Phones, alcohol, drugs and speeding are farrrr more detrimental than a 85 year old driving slow or getting lost.

I’ve been a drive since 16, I’m 35. Darn near 20 years. I’ve NEVER caused an accident or got a ticket.

Its people my age with DUIs, DWIs, tickets, terrible driving records and they’re paying affordable rates. HOW?

If I have a perfect driving record, and my insurance is $200 a month, someone with a terrible driving record shouldn’t be remotely close.

I have 0 points on my license, in 20 years of being a registered driver.

Drunk drivers >>>>> elderly

There are farrrrr more hazardous drunk drivers from young to middle aged, that put us more at risk than the elderly

The average age of most drunk drivers is 21-34

I’m not really following “drinkers should be required to take a driving test every 10 years”. What would qualify a drinker? Also, they would presumably be sober while taking said test so alcohol would not be impairing their driving abilities. Unless, alcohol permanently deteriorates your driving over time which if that’s the case then I was unaware.

Exactly. I’ve literally seen teenagers STOP in the middle of the road, or stopped at a green light. Head in phone texting or talking. Other adults as well. My silly a*** younger brother almost ended himself speeding.

I’ve seen young folks, driving recklessly in residential areas.

I’d rather an old person driving slow than these reckless youngsters and adults.

Phones, alcohol, drugs and speeding are farrrr more detrimental than a 85 year old driving slow or getting lost.

I’ve been a drive since 16, I’m 35. Darn near 20 years. I’ve NEVER caused an accident or got a ticket.

Its people my age with DUIs, DWIs, tickets, terrible driving records and they’re paying affordable rates. HOW?

If I have a perfect driving record, and my insurance is $200 a month, someone with a terrible driving record shouldn’t be remotely close.

I have 0 points on my record.

Drunk drivers >>>>> elderly

There are farrrrr more hazardous drunk drivers of young to Middle Aged, that put us more at risk than the elderly
I lost close friends to drunk drivers

If someone is driving drunk I instantly view them as a scumbag. No matter if they make it home safe and don't cause an accident

I'm down for drunk drivers, and drivers under the influence to lose driving privileges permanently

I’m not really following “drinkers should be required to take a driving test every 10 years”. What would qualify a drinker? Also, they would presumably be sober while taking said test so alcohol would not be impairing their driving abilities. Unless, alcohol permanently deteriorates your driving over time which if that’s the case then I was unaware.
It was an autocorrect typo

I meant "drivers"

Idk about where yall at, but its already every 8 years in Texas. I think after 65, it should go from every 8, to 4 to 2.

Idk about where yall at, but its already every 8 years in Texas. I think after 65, it should go from every 8, to 4 to 2.
Famb, is the 8 years just the period of time a license is valid before it has to renewed

Or do they make people retake the road test year 8 years

I am talking about making people retake the road test.

You talking about renewals or actually taking the test over again?

I lived in a couple of states and never heard of taking the whole driving test after your 1st time
I'm not really sure how it works as a native. I had to retake mine, but people we telling me it was because I originally got my DL in Florida. I also know you can renew via mail, but after a certain amount of time you do have to go in to renew. I didnt get the details, I was only worried about mine at the time.

Specifically old white men. Generational and cognitive deficiencies. But we all gotta make choice. My first rule of choosing an elected official is seeing if a KKK member would like them. Until we get real politicians like the Finnish that will have to do.

It is crazy that your driving record, age, physical/mental shape isn’t taking into account when renewing since these impact your driving…Just confirm your address, maybe an eye test and you set :lol: :smh:

I'm not really sure how it works as a native. I had to retake mine, but people we telling me it was because I originally got my DL in Florida. I also know you can renew via mail, but after a certain amount of time you do have to go in to renew. I didnt get the details, I was only worried about mine at the time.
Yea they might have made you do it cuz you was outta state (still seems kinda weird tho) …One of my joints in Houston is a horrible driver, no way shorty woulda passed the road test again to renew if she actually had to :lol: :smh:

It is crazy that your driving record, age, physical/mental shape isn’t taking into account when renewing since these impact your driving…Just confirm your address, maybe an eye test and you set :lol: :smh:
I had a roommate that worked at the DMV and he said he hated getting yelled at, so if a person gets just one letter right on the eye test he was putting down 20/40 and keeping it pushing.

When I told him he was wilding, he got pissed and said "What's the problem, like everyone in the office does the same thing"

Next time I was driving, I was terrified

Man, the last time I remember taking they eye test was when I was younger after I turned 21 and had to get my joint renewed so it was horizontal instead of vertical (plus it might expire at 21 anyway). Maaannnn that last line had me sweating. Had to take a break to clear my eyes and everything. My boy was with me and was just looking at me the like “This ***** is about to fail his eye test, be without a license and **** up the whole weekend” :lol:

To this day, I’m still not sure if I actually got that line right but I was laying the charm on thick and got my 21+ license that day doe :smokin

EDIT: Bruh.
I had a roommate that worked at the DMV and he said he hated getting yelled at, so if a person gets just one letter right on the eye test he was putting down 20/40 and keeping it pushing.

When I told him he was wilding, he got pissed and said "What's the problem, like everyone in the office does the same thing"

:rofl:

Yea they might have made you do it cuz you was outta state (still seems kinda weird tho) …One of my joints in Houston is a horrible driver, no way shorty woulda passed the road test again to renew if she actually had to :lol: :smh:
Most Houstonians are terrible drivers. When I went to go renew, I had the choice of taking the test or a like 5 hour class. I chose to take the class. The lady working there was like. "You sure? Most people take the class.." Bruh the test was 20 questions, took maybe 15 minutes. The lady look legit shocked when I passed. I blame HISD.

THis isn't just limited to old people. There are people on the road who just drive wreckless.

The least that should be done is having to r-take the written and road test when it's time to renew your license. I would even argue that every 5 years should be a requirement.
The Dept. of Transportation or whoever is responsible for this stuff is failing us.

I think all Nissan Altima drivers should be removed from the highways as well.

Also we have too many SUVs on the road. They can’t park them, and can barely drive them.

Terrible drivers + plus big fast truck = devastating crashes.

This the other thing too, people will be aholes to DMV staff if they expand the qualifications.

Take they licenses away. All that “bad drivers come in all ages” **** sound good.

I think all Nissan Altima drivers should be removed from the highways as well.

Also we have too many SUVs on the road. They can’t park them, and can barely drive them.

Terrible drivers + plus big fast truck = devastating crashes.
All those SUVs have a bunch of driver's aids making folks feel invincible(Chargers too). The closer we get to actual self driving cars, the more the should star weening people off the driver's aid.

This the other thing too, people will be aholes to DMV staff if they expand the qualifications.
State governments gotta start turning DMVs into Popeyes franchises.

First it would be great to get a 3-piece while I wait for my number to be called.

Second, it will lower the expectation of even decent customer service even lower.

Lastly, the threat of potential violence from a Popeyes worker if you step outta line gonna keep them rowdy bad drivers in check

Back
Top Bottom