ShowtimeXII's Customs: ParaNorman 1/2 Cents w/ custom lace locks!

I picked up a pair of the all white women's low V's on ebay really cheap.  They have a similar outsole, to the grapes so I am thinking about doing a custom low V in the grape colorway. I have the experience to pull it off, not sure what I want to do about the tongue, maybe transplant something from a grape fusion, if I could track one down, idk.  What are your thoughts, comments, etc.?

Last edited:
yeah when i read the subject line i wondered how you'd do the tongue. hey, if you have access to cheap parts, why not?

That mite b really dope.and u cud probably easily find a fusion for cheap an re sew it to the shoe sum way.I Say Go for It.

A lot of guys are into Angelus from turtlefeathers.com.  I like it, but I really like createx airbrush paint in thin coats.  It is super durable and easy to mix.  I need to track down a pair of fusion V's but I can't post in the want adds until I start posting more. lol.

Okay, just bought a pair of fusions to complete this project, shoes are on the way, and we will see what is going on!

Here is the back story, I forgot on release date in 2006 about the grapes coming out.  I hadn't forgot about that decision since.  After the release, I came across a pair of size 10.5's and I tried as hard as I could to squeeze into them.  I even removed the insole with no luck.  I usually wear a size 12 so the size and 1/2 difference was too much for me.  Anyway, I sold my size 10.5's without the insole and have been longing for a pair ever since.  This past Thanksgiving I was cleaning out some of my stuff and came across the old insoles.  It relight the hunger for a pair of grape V's for summer.  I know it is only January but hey you have to plan ahead.  Now that I am older, I turn 30 in March I also have noticed something, I never wear the V's I have during the summer, so that got me thinking, I would love some grape V lows.  I toyed with the idea for a few weeks and then for Christmas I received a few gift cards for eBay.  So over the past couple of weeks I was able to score a pair of size 13 women's Air Jordan V Lows in the white, black, silver colorway ($60.00 shipped minus the $25.00 gift card), and then I bought a pair of AJF5 fusions in a kids size 7 ($45.00 shipped), finally I know the purpose of the fusions.... donor tongue!  My total investment out of my pocket..... $80.00.  So here is the process starting with the donor shoes.

Stripping paint

Really important to strip the base paint because it allows the paint to soak into the foam rubber midsole.

Before purchasing to get into my head what I was going to do I looked all over the net for a shot of the tongue of the lows, so this is just for those looking for it 

Sewing on the donor tongue

finishing up the paint job

Finished product

The small differences are that they don't have the black inner collar, but that is cool with me they are good with white socks during the summer. They have a black rubber mid section under the arch instead of white. Also they have the black stitched jumpman, rather than the new emerald one on the back, but again that was cool with me.  

well done 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Very nice I actually like the tumbled leather over the smooth one from the actual release great job.

wow man great job on those! i have the same low top v's but original no customization done to them. i have a pair of pure money 3s i wanna customize but im not very talented lol. n i dnt have many ideas on what to do to them. o well u did a sick job on those.

Wow man.. You had it all planned out and it came out perfectly. Good job. Congrats on now having the Grapes

Back
Top Bottom