Silicone packs?

Hey does anybody still use silicone packs to keep their jays fresh? I don't know If I should put silicone packs in my Concords box(my second pair)

You mean SILICA packs. Yes I do, along with DampRid in the closet where I keep my shoes.

I don't use silicone packs   
silicone-implant.jpg

But I do use silica packs, I toss them into my closet where I have my shoes.              

i never heard of ppl using silicone packs on their shoes? is it supposed to hydrate them or something? keep them happy?

I do, in addition to the Damp Rid hanger set-up just above where I store my kicks in my closet.

I live in Central Florida by the way and it is extremely humid here, nearly year round.

Personally I dont like the idea of putting silica packs in my boxes. There main function is to remove moisture and IMO having them so close to the shoes is a bad thing. I think alot of the shoes crumbling are shoes that have dried out from being stored with silica.

I think its a much better idea to keep a dehumidifier in your house or storage unit and maintain the climate of an entire room rather then each box individually.

U'll speed up the crumbling process if u use the silica packs, my uptempos are still holding up and i've had them since 96. I'm here in cali though

Oh ok. I remember awhile back there was a thread and people were trying to pick up boxes of silica packs. And of course that does make more sense that shoes would crumble quicker since the silica packs absorb moisture.

Nah I've never used them unless they came with the shoe.
I don't think it is necessary.

never have, don't need. my kicks are all out in the open, these would be useless.

Nope i never put the packs in rumors were after a while they would mess up the sneakers but don't know how true that rumor was.

Originally Posted by eltouha

never have, don't need. my kicks are all out in the open, these would be useless.

This
I wear all my shoes regularly and have no boxes so no need for silica.
You'd be amazed how long shoes last if you wear them regularly.
I still have OG 95 BRED XI's that are going strong. Soles are orange but they still put in hard yards.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I don't use silicone packs   
silicone-implant.jpg

But I do use silica packs, I toss them into my closet where I have my shoes.              

beat me to it. haa, but yes on my 11's and most of my 3's with white heel tabs... also my bugs ears VIII

Back
Top Bottom