SIN CITY: A Dame to Kill For (movie thread) - 08/22/14

Nope, it makes no sense.

In the first film, Marv visited Nancy at her house for a beer. That was before he headed up his way to kill Cardinal Rourke and got caught and put in the chair where he dies. In the scene in Nancys house, her face wasn't all cut up and scarred as it is in this film so that means Marv was alive when Nancys face was already messed up but in the first film, the scene before Marv dies clearly shows Nancys face was fine and that was the last night Marv sees her because he got pretty busy afterwards doing the things he did.

Timeline makes no sense.

Quick review. Before I start though, 1. From what I remembered, I really wasn't hyped after I saw the first Sin City. 2. I haven't seen many RR films, but basing off of his trailers, I've had zero interest in his work. 3. I've never read any of the graphic novels and 4. If you can't tell, my expectations are very low.

With that said, I really liked the film. The visuals were amazing. I really thought the B&W and 3D wouldn't work well, but it was really good. Probably the best visuals I've seen this year. In terms of performances, I thought everyone was good, except for Jessica Alba, who was surprisingly decent. And of course, Bruce Willis sleepwalking through his role was whatever.

Eva Green. Good Lord, the woman shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes ever again. I could pick out those mamms out of a police lineup. And on a side note, when she was on screen with Josh Brolin, I kept thinking they would have made a great Batman and Catwoman.

Storywise, very cut and dry. Really thought that they could have used more cross-cutting between story arcs. Now, I don't know if this was beat for beat like the graphic novel, but as a movie, it was poorly put together. If anything they should have used the Brolin/Green arc as the finale. But again, I'm sure it made sense to put the Booth/Alba story as the end because it was the central focus of the last film (from what I remember).

So yeah, just for the pure visual experience, this is worth watching it at a theater, but other than that, no real reason to rush out to see.

Man guess I'll wait until it's 5.99 blu ray/DVD combo pack at best buy.

They should've done "hell and back" as a movie. It's long enough as a story and a good one at that. All new actors of course.

Last edited:
movie was good.

if you liked the first, you will like this one.

bunch of nit picking in here, don't let popular opinion stop you from seeing this.

Bunch of nitpicking in here? Popular opinion? :lol:

It seems like i'm the only one who truly hated it and it looked like 3 NTers saw the film. :rofl:

Last edited:
Just seen this! Wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. LOVED the first one, seen it over 10 times. Actually watched part 2 twice, was BETTER the second time around. I enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom