Single Ladies Official Thread....oh yes I did

Originally Posted by Al Audi

yea this is that guilty pleasure TV

That right there
If the females on the show wasnt soo foine i wouldnt give this show anh burn..Vh1 knew what they were doing

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ask yourself how many good shows are on the air?  now compare this show to it.

Here's a list of similar shows that reach the same demographic....

Desperate Housewives
Sex in the City
The Game
Girlfriends
Half and Half
Basketball Wives
Real Housewives of (insert city)
All the Kardashian shows
The OC, Laguana Beach, The Hills

You gonna tell me that this show is that bad now?
grin.gif
  It's cool if you don't personally like it but don't sit here and watch the other shows I listed and throw dirt on Single Ladies.  We all know black people have unrealistic standards when it comes to our programming.  The show is decent and to sit here and call it garbage is ridiculous.  Not trying to go at your neck MyT but alot of these comments come from self-hate.  Dudes wanna bash Tyler Perry, Spike Lee, and every black person making shows but will support a similar or inferior "white"product. 
please tell me how any of this is self hate...PLEASE!

just cuz they reach the same demographic doesn't make it a good show...its a bad show with the same target audience as some other decent shows...

the bolded are reality shows not sitcoms that are suppose to showcase legit actors...they are people showcasing all the nonsense in their lives...i take it for what it is... i've never seen desperate housewives

I know the difference between a reality show and a sitcom/drama.  But the thing is they have alot in common.  Look at the behavior of the main female characters.  Dating, lunch dates, sex, cat fighting, etc.  Reality shows are almost scripted these days anyways.  Everything WisePharoah said can apply to all the shows I listed.

Are you actually gonna say the latest season of The Game was hands down better than Single Ladies?  You can't be serious.  Girlfriends was probably the best show on that list if we talking about quality acting.  But a good show in this demographic isn't about award winning acting.  It's about a story that keeps you interested and a good visual. (casting, music, camera). 

The self hate comments come from little black girls that would rather watch all the other white/hollywood shows I listed like Sex in the City and call this garbarge

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ask yourself how many good shows are on the air?  now compare this show to it.

Here's a list of similar shows that reach the same demographic....

Desperate Housewives
Sex in the City
The Game
Girlfriends
Half and Half
Basketball Wives
Real Housewives of (insert city)
All the Kardashian shows
The OC, Laguana Beach, The Hills

You gonna tell me that this show is that bad now?
grin.gif
  It's cool if you don't personally like it but don't sit here and watch the other shows I listed and throw dirt on Single Ladies.  We all know black people have unrealistic standards when it comes to our programming.  The show is decent and to sit here and call it garbage is ridiculous.  Not trying to go at your neck MyT but alot of these comments come from self-hate.  Dudes wanna bash Tyler Perry, Spike Lee, and every black person making shows but will support a similar or inferior "white"product. 
please tell me how any of this is self hate...PLEASE!

just cuz they reach the same demographic doesn't make it a good show...its a bad show with the same target audience as some other decent shows...

the bolded are reality shows not sitcoms that are suppose to showcase legit actors...they are people showcasing all the nonsense in their lives...i take it for what it is... i've never seen desperate housewives

I know the difference between a reality show and a sitcom/drama.  But the thing is they have alot in common.  Look at the behavior of the main female characters.  Dating, lunch dates, sex, cat fighting, etc.  Reality shows are almost scripted these days anyways.  Everything WisePharoah said can apply to all the shows I listed.

Are you actually gonna say the latest season of The Game was hands down better than Single Ladies?  You can't be serious.  Girlfriends was probably the best show on that list if we talking about quality acting.  But a good show in this demographic isn't about award winning acting.  It's about a story that keeps you interested and a good visual. (casting, music, camera). 

The self hate comments come from little black girls that would rather watch all the other white/hollywood shows I listed like Sex in the City and call this garbarge

you're just talking out your %*$...it has nothing to do with hate...like i said i don't watch Sex and the City...seen it a few times late at night but thats it...

if anything tho that show set the standard for these shows now so its not hard to see why anyone would watch it...

i didnt say anything about the Game so what are you talking about? and even if i did feel that the last season was better so what? Girlfriends was one of my favorite shows & it was much better than this show. Just cuz they did the same thing doesn't make it as good. Why can't you understand that? The acting is not good? When has anyone ever checked for anything LisaRaye or Stacy Dash did outside of their looks? They aren't good actresses. They are pretty women who do enough to get by. No one is checkin for either.

I don't like the %**#$!* show. I don't have to support it cuz i'm black and they are black. Thats whats wrong with black people in Hollywood as is. People support +%@%!+%$ cuz they're scared that if they don't there won't be any black people on tv at all.

I don't even have a problem with BS shows. My problem is there is no balance. Give me some quality black shows to balance out the BS.

& how many 'little black girls' that think this show is garbage?

do me a favor and just shut the !@%% up...

& yes i'm mad

you're just talking out your %*$...it has nothing to do with hate...like i said i don't watch Sex and the City...seen it a few times late at night but thats it...

if anything tho that show set the standard for these shows now so its not hard to see why anyone would watch it...

i didnt say anything about the Game so what are you talking about? and even if i did feel that the last season was better so what? Girlfriends was one of my favorite shows & it was much better than this show. Just cuz they did the same thing doesn't make it as good. Why can't you understand that? The acting is not good? When has anyone ever checked for anything LisaRaye or Stacy Dash did outside of their looks? They aren't good actresses. They are pretty women who do enough to get by. No one is checkin for either.

I don't like the %**#$!* show. I don't have to support it cuz i'm black and they are black. Thats whats wrong with black people in Hollywood as is. People support +%@%!+%$ cuz they're scared that if they don't there won't be any black people on tv at all.

I don't even have a problem with BS shows. My problem is there is no balance. Give me some quality black shows to balance out the BS.

& how many 'little black girls' that think this show is garbage?

do me a favor and just shut the !@%% up...

& yes i'm mad

Not sure why you are so mad doggie? You don't have to support it cuz it's black.....just don't support other shows that are almost the same concept either.

All I know is I constantly hear about how bad black shows are and alot of times it's before they are given a chance.  Doesn't really happen with other shows.

You don't have to like it.  Like I said 2 post before it's your opinion that the show is of poor quality and I can't knock you for your opinion.  I disagree with your opinion and I'm sure you have no problem watching other shows with bad acting but thats not my problem.  Reality/Sitcom/Drama whatever you wanna call it but these shows are all the same and people watch them for the same reasons.   And those reasons aint acting.

Not sure why you are so mad doggie? You don't have to support it cuz it's black.....just don't support other shows that are almost the same concept either.

All I know is I constantly hear about how bad black shows are and alot of times it's before they are given a chance.  Doesn't really happen with other shows.

You don't have to like it.  Like I said 2 post before it's your opinion that the show is of poor quality and I can't knock you for your opinion.  I disagree with your opinion and I'm sure you have no problem watching other shows with bad acting but thats not my problem.  Reality/Sitcom/Drama whatever you wanna call it but these shows are all the same and people watch them for the same reasons.   And those reasons aint acting.

i'll be back in the states this weekend,

whats the time and channel for this show?

Seems to be of my interest..

i'll be back in the states this weekend,

whats the time and channel for this show?

Seems to be of my interest..

Back
Top Bottom