Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by allen3xis

As I say all the time with Jamal Crawford..

Z Bo would be best suited on a contending team as a 6th man to provide a need...that need would be scoring on the block and rebounding.

If he's a focal point of a team....that said team will suck. Just like with Jamal.

I agree. The Knicks will catch someone near the trade deadline looking to pull the trigger to get over the hump. I don't blame the Clippers foroffering that 2nd though, you don't offer your best trade 1st, lol.

If the Rockets did that trade, where would they get points from? Especially down the stretch.

Yao is probably the ONLY dude that I would have wasted a first round pick on.
Knowing what you know right now, you wouldn't have used a first round pick on Dirk, Manu, Tony Parker, Peja, Barbosa...?

Just the thought of McGrady going to the Pistons makes me drool.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yao is probably the ONLY dude that I would have wasted a first round pick on. I know in hindsight everything is 20/20 but; hold on let me look at these past drafts

Yea Yao is the only one

My god; besides the two obvious dudes; the 05 Draft SO FAR has been a big let down

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_history/2005.html

The two obvious dudes being Maxiell and McCants?
Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

You wouldn't draft Dirk or Ginobli???

Nope.

As for the warriors getting chauncey billups... My favorite team is the warriors and i agree he probably wont be able to keep up with the run and gun style buti do think we could change a little for a player of that caliber... And Monta Ellis with Chauncey Billups in the backcourt could be a lethal combo.

z-bo would be a good fit for the clippers. he can put up his 20-10 and it'll be the 1st time in his career he'll have a real PG to create opportunitiesfor him.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Why the hell do the clips want Randolph that bad

I dont get it
I don't get it either and I'm a Clipper fan. I would almost feel worse about the team signing Randolph than I did about them losing Brand.Don't do it Elgin (or Dunleavy, or whoever the hell is making decisions right now).

If the Clippers were to overpay for Josh Smith, it might have to be a max deal or close to it, because the Hawks aren't willing to part with Josh Smith.Believe me, I'd take Josh Smith over Randolph any day of the week, but the fact that he's a RFA makes things really hard. Not many RFA's goelsewhere.

Kings' forward Ron Artest has continued to lament his decision to pass on the chance to become a free agent and is now hoping that he will be traded to a team more committed to him, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Lakers are the early favorites to land Artest, especially after rumors of an Artest-for-Lamar Odom deal between Los Angeles and Sacramento surfaced last week.

Ron is disappointed that the Kings haven't shown more interest in giving him a long-term deal.

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest said, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Pacers to the Kings. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined."

"In a way I wish this [coming 2008-09 season] would have been [Reggie Theus'] first year, and [Rick Adelman] would have left this summer because it could have showed how much [of] a winner I am. Guys like Adelman and Rick Carlisle [brought] that out of me. Isiah [Thomas] was going to bring that out of me if he didn't get fired [by the Knicks]. A coach like Phil Jackson can bring that out me."

Apparently Artest demanded a trade yesterday. And wow I feel sorry for Reggie Theus. Artest just took a shot at him that's gotta sting. Well Iguess this upcoming week should be an interesting one for the Kings. As long as we get a 10+ rebound per game guy, I'll be happy. David Lee, Zach Randolph,or Lamar Odom would all be welcome additions to the team.

is nobody reading where it says D'Antoni hadnt seen him play in person? ever heard of digital media? they can capture many stills of reality and whenlinked together form what it known as..........a video

Originally Posted by jordan23mike23

is nobody reading where it says D'Antoni hadnt seen him play in person? ever heard of digital media? they can capture many stills of reality and when linked together form what it known as..........a video
laugh.gif

..but seeing a video is not "seeing him play IN PERSON"

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Why the hell do the clips want Randolph that bad

I dont get it
I don't get it either and I'm a Clipper fan. I would almost feel worse about the team signing Randolph than I did about them losing Brand. Don't do it Elgin (or Dunleavy, or whoever the hell is making decisions right now).

co-sign
tired.gif

[h3]Will Clips Offer Iguodala A Contract?[/h3]
Andre Iguodala | 76ers
The Los Angeles Clippers, who lost unrestricted free agent forward Elton Brand to the 76ers last week, are trying to determine which remaining free agent might best fit their needs. And, according to a rumor circulating through the NBA, it could be the Sixers' Andre Iguodala.
The rumor suggested that the Clippers, via coach Mike Dunleavy, already have had contact with Iguodala, who was in Las Vegas Saturday to watch the Sixers' summer league team play the Denver Nuggets. The contact, though, supposedly came in the days before that game. -- Philadelphia Daily News
  • With the free-agent addition of Brand, the focus for the 76ers is retaining two key players: guard-forward Andre Iguodala and guard Louis Williams.

• Both are restricted free agents, meaning the Sixers have the right to match any offer made to either player.

Last night, Brand said he has been assured by management that it will, indeed, match any offer made to Iguodala. -- The Philadelphia Inquirer

[h3]Math Working Against Lee[/h3]
David Lee | Knicks
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3956http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3956David Lee is seeking a major contract extension, which the Knicks are reluctant to offer because they want to be under the salary cap in 2010. The math is working against him, and Lee knows it. He has heard his name mentioned in several trade possibilities in recent weeks, and he expects to keep hearing it in the months to come.
"If teams were calling and saying, 'You have a chance to make your franchise better, we need to get David Lee along with whoever you want to get rid of -- that's something that has to happen,' they'd be dumb not to entertain the offers and listen to it," Lee said. "And I know that's what they've been doing. It's a compliment. But at the same time, it makes my summer a little shaky, not knowing what's going to happen." -- The New York Times
  • Lee did not deny his agent, Mark Bartlestein, before the draft advised Memphis not to trade for him because the Knicks gritty forward would never sign a long-term contract with the Grizzlies.
    "I don't know what happened on his end," Lee said. "His job is to represent his players."

Lee made his wishes clear yesterday. He wants to stick. "I love New York, it's a big market," Lee said. "More than anything for the pressure day to day from media and fans and the city wanting to win so bad. The biggest thing I'd love, to be a part of this when it turns around. I think I've earned a right to be a part of this when it turns around with some of the stuff we've been through the last three years as a team." -- New York Post
  • While he awaits his fate, Lee has decided to hold off on buying a place in Central Park West. He has continued his usual community work this summer, though. This week he will run a basketball camp in Dobbs Ferry. -- Newsday

Originally Posted by Dr 715

[h3]Math Working Against Lee[/h3]
David Lee | Knicks
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3956http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3956David Lee is seeking a major contract extension, which the Knicks are reluctant to offer because they want to be under the salary cap in 2010. The math is working against him, and Lee knows it. He has heard his name mentioned in several trade possibilities in recent weeks, and he expects to keep hearing it in the months to come.
"If teams were calling and saying, 'You have a chance to make your franchise better, we need to get David Lee along with whoever you want to get rid of -- that's something that has to happen,' they'd be dumb not to entertain the offers and listen to it," Lee said. "And I know that's what they've been doing. It's a compliment. But at the same time, it makes my summer a little shaky, not knowing what's going to happen." -- The New York Times
  • Lee did not deny his agent, Mark Bartlestein, before the draft advised Memphis not to trade for him because the Knicks gritty forward would never sign a long-term contract with the Grizzlies.
    "I don't know what happened on his end," Lee said. "His job is to represent his players."

Lee made his wishes clear yesterday. He wants to stick. "I love New York, it's a big market," Lee said. "More than anything for the pressure day to day from media and fans and the city wanting to win so bad. The biggest thing I'd love, to be a part of this when it turns around. I think I've earned a right to be a part of this when it turns around with some of the stuff we've been through the last three years as a team." -- New York Post
  • While he awaits his fate, Lee has decided to hold off on buying a place in Central Park West. He has continued his usual community work this summer, though. This week he will run a basketball camp in Dobbs Ferry. -- Newsday

roll.gif
I'm so glad we didn't trade our 5th pick for this guy andgot Mayo instead. I wouldn't mind getting him though to start at PF, but definitely worth the 5th pick like was rumored.

Originally Posted by Beats05

Kings' forward Ron Artest has continued to lament his decision to pass on the chance to become a free agent and is now hoping that he will be traded to a team more committed to him, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Lakers are the early favorites to land Artest, especially after rumors of an Artest-for-Lamar Odom deal between Los Angeles and Sacramento surfaced last week.

Ron is disappointed that the Kings haven't shown more interest in giving him a long-term deal.

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest said, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Pacers to the Kings. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined."

"In a way I wish this [coming 2008-09 season] would have been [Reggie Theus'] first year, and [Rick Adelman] would have left this summer because it could have showed how much [of] a winner I am. Guys like Adelman and Rick Carlisle [brought] that out of me. Isiah [Thomas] was going to bring that out of me if he didn't get fired [by the Knicks]. A coach like Phil Jackson can bring that out me."
Apparently Artest demanded a trade yesterday. And wow I feel sorry for Reggie Theus. Artest just took a shot at him that's gotta sting. Well I guess this upcoming week should be an interesting one for the Kings. As long as we get a 10+ rebound per game guy, I'll be happy. David Lee, Zach Randolph, or Lamar Odom would all be welcome additions to the team.

This dude is a complete and utter douche bag. What a peice of sh*^. So his stupid a^& couldn't figure out that opting out he could havejoined the Lakers without them giving away a friend of his, instead he stays, then changes his mind minutes after the deadline, hoping to join the same teameven though it means trading away a key peice. He then tells us what a "winner" he is, although he's never won jack sh*^ in his career.

And yet, Laker fans are drooling for this guy.
smh.gif

F that.

It sounds like Artest is only motivated to play well when he has a good coach. The coach can't MAKE him play better.

Send him to New York, please. Keep him the hell away from the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom