Slam Dunk contest video mix - every dunk

4h9ytk.jpg

Well, almost every dunk. I made the video cut for my blog, but it's not in English so no use of plugging that here, ain't it. It's almost every dunk, the really really simple ones were cut out, but all in all, I think 95% of all the action is here.
I'm gonna make 3 parts. 80's, 90's and I'll put up 00's after this contest gets over. Peep it;

Peep the video 
Sidebar: while I was making this, I got to refresh my SDC memories...I saw some dunks that are just under the radar and NBA usually doesn't replay them...Kemp has to be the biggest choke artist of the contest, but his swag is off the charts. He missed damn near every dunk in every competition he participated and he still looked good. Damn. 

Also I would like to note that the 92-93-94 Slam Dunk comps are by far the most swagged out...LOL...every player struts on the court like they just conquered the Earth, even if they blow the dunk they brush it off like it's nothing, and the warmups they wearing, and Naughty By Nature bumpin while they dunk, and the team mates acting all hood...classic stuff.  

I even had to make a GIF from the GOAT All Star weekend (for me personally) - 1994, and the Man himself;

dpxnad.jpg

Also, Wilkins in fact is repetitive as hell, I saw someone make a thread about it. It's true. He's like LeBron = arsenal of 2-3 dunks, but a lot of power. No diversity whatsoever. But you gotta give him props when he double pumps it...

Also, Finley's misses in 97 were doper than Kobe's dunks, I noticed the East Bay Funk that Kobe did was very sloppy. I never saw anyone dunking cleaner + powerful than Miner. His stuff is ridiculous. Powerfull as hell, clean through the net, never touches the hoop swish only, and he looks crazy in the slow motion, as if he stops in the air. Too bad they threw all those expectations on him and fumbled him...

Anyway, check the vid, I'm out 
pimp.gif

Nice! Dope mix. 
pimp.gif

I know talking badly about Kobe is blasphemy on NT but, I feel you - he didn't deserve to win that contest, that b-grade East Bay Funk Dunk was not impressive + him flexing afterward just makes him look like a tool.

( p.s. - I'm a fan of Kobe and respect his game.) 

Just thought I'd point that out before all the Kobe/Laker stans come in and say I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm just a "hater")

I agree with you on Kobe's 97 dunk contest, it was not impressive at all. Also I just notice Jordan did like the same dunk in the contest, I give him props though for dribbling for that FT dunk.

Alot of underrated dunks indeed, the self pass dunks, around the back then reverse between the legs.

Also I swear the statue of liberty dunk is one of the prettiest dunk ever, just looks so smooth and effortless

You have the download link tho, you can get the original file and watch it without WMG's dumb policies, although I did "file a complaint" it will take days before they put the audio back on.

Sucks.

http://bit.ly/cV8xaf

Terence Stansbury had some reaaaally cool dunks, too bad he didn't win. Rex Chapman was pretty damn good for a white guy. And even though he gets constantly picked on by the Great Chuck, Kenny had some great dunks. The one where he grabs the rim and then dunks with the other hand is great.

Also - my opinion is Pippen had the "truest" free throw dunk there. Jordan's was beautiful too see, Erving was OG at it, Barry's was amazing too, but Pippen's foot was crossing the FT line the least, I think.

ALSO - why is there NO video or photo evidence of Brent Barry flashing his t-shirt that he had under the Clippers warmup? I clearly remember it. The shirt said - White Man Can Jump.

LOL

Originally Posted by Al3xis

this dude really had an NBA logo chain.

Well at that time he was just startin to live legal and large..

See what I did right there? 
aaawk7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom