SLAM DUNK Sakuragi Hanamichi Painting

first time ever using paint and a paintbrush..

for my art 1 class in high school

Sakuragi Hanamichi from the manga Slam Dunk

Original Pic:

i chan ged his shoes from VIs to OG/94 Is cuz, i love OG/94 Is
laugh.gif

leave sum love/hate/advice

thanks

Not bad for a 16 year old..
Ring is way big.
Well, if you're a fan of SlamDunk!, then I suppose you know that Sakuragi exchange his beat White/infrared VIs for Black/Red Is.
What you drew is White/Red/Black Is.

Overall, it's okay... Just that I'm used to see him wear the Black/Red.
smile.gif

PS: Be more optimistic, don't expect anyone to leave you any hate.

pimp.gif
I love Slam Dunk and this picture is near perfect, VI is harder to draw I guess and the rim is a little too big.

Originally Posted by indohan

Not bad for a 16 year old..
Ring is way big.
Well, if you're a fan of SlamDunk!, then I suppose you know that Sakuragi exchange his beat White/infrared VIs for Black/Red Is.
What you drew is White/Red/Black Is.

Overall, it's okay... Just that I'm used to see him wear the Black/Red.
smile.gif

PS: Be more optimistic, don't expect anyone to leave you any hate.

Yea i Know that he wore black/red Is...i thought i would give it my own creativity by giving him my favorite Blk/rd/wht colorway. and i know the rim is toobig i didnt want to resize cuz i was too lazy
tongue.gif
...and i read the comicslike everytime i go to the restroom cuz i have a bookshelf in front of my toilet
roll.gif
i have the whole entire #1-31. and i think 6 of them are signed by the author

so is this a comic book about basketball basically?

I think your finished product came out pretty nice

^ yea a japanese comic on the life of one individual (sakuragi hanamchi) and his growth in high school basketball. and he started from scratch, and became oneof the most popular and most improving player. His special ability is to rebound. sound familiar? he has red hair. sound familiar? he even wears the numberten. sound familiar? rumor has it, that he is based off of dennis rodman. which i think is totally true, since they both have such a badass persona.

Besides some of the things mentioned by others, I think overall the figure lacks abit of the intensity as how the figure in the OG pic has: sweats, emotions,motion of body in flight...

The comic got a dope plot and I'member alot of characters in there reference real NBA players a the time...

indohan: Just curious..."Nihon Jin?"

cool pic, nice work on the shoes, they came out very clean imo

I like the Is better then the vi personally

laugh.gif
the hoop is like a holla-hoop, but if you dont care, either do I
laugh.gif

GOOD WORK!

Back
Top Bottom