Slumdog Millionaire Dad Arrested For Trying To Sell Daughter

I'd cop.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Poverty isn't as big of an issue in India as people think. Caste system is a little messed up but it works in harmony. Most of the country are Hindu's that are complacent with their place in society. They'll only get richer when India moves up to super power status.

Poor people in India is relative to U.S' poor and the amount of people incarcerated. Every country will have their rich and poor. You can make the same argument that the U.S. was spread out too thin to help the poor in a timely fashion in N'Oleans.

Lower "castes" in society will always get the short end of the stick.

roll.gif
wow. You really think their level of poverty is comparable to ours? And that those in the lowest caste systems are complacent with where they are? Jesus dude I hope you're joking or have little to no understanding on the current state of their slums.
Poverty is poverty..you can't be more hungry then hunger itself. A starving kid in India is starving the same as a kid starving in the u.s.a.

There may be more people in poverty there but that's due to population. Less then 30% of India is below their poverty line and a bit more than 20% of the U.S lives in poverty. Its not that far off.

I've been to India about half a dozen times. Innately and religiously, the poor are more complacent then the poor in the U.S.A because they believe the good life will come back to them. You go into the "slums"(like you knew what that was before the movie dropped) and families are playing in dirty water that no one in North America would even consider stepping a foot in. It was unimaginable seeing it first hand but the poor were just as happy as the millionaires. Happiness is relative too. You can't be MORE happy because you're well of, you're either happy or you're not.

Compare that to the U.S.A. Nationwide poverty happens and its a depression. Suicide rates go up, crime goes up and a whole bunch of other factors are affected by a bad economy and increased poverty.

India just has a way of harmonizing itself. Obviously low castes aren't happy with their place in society, but their complacent in their way of life. The way they're systematically oppressed isn't too far off from systematic racism in our society though.
Are you justifying poverty? The fact that you're presumably Indian and have been to India "half a dozen times" I think makes thismost sickening. I've been to India once and traveled to my father's old village. Kids were eating trash, homeless people with no arms were leaningagainst buildings, moaning for money or food. Some people make the best of their situation, and yes the caste system has led some people to just accept it, but you're an idiot if you really believe people from these areas do not dream of living a better life. My father was from a small village in Rajasthan,India and worked his %## off to come to America and start a family. If he were alive today he'd be disgusted if I told him some kid who's obviouslywell off enough to take "half dozens" of trips to India is offering his insight on the justification of poverty and death in India. And India'spoverty rate is 42%, and 77% live off of less than 20 rupees per day.

Happiness is relative. Who are you to speak on their happiness? If a young, poor Indian girl becomes a victim of her environment and raped multiple times bythe age of 13, and still finds it in herself to continue living her life because she has grown to accept it... Does that justify her situation? Because sheaccepted it? Does that make it right?

You're an idiot, and you disappoint me.

Back
Top Bottom