Smarts but no Heart

Are Americans cowards?
I've never really followed the news or current events that much but it seems like freedom of speech has become the center of quiet the few issues of today.  From the Draw a picture of Mohammed day, to John Mayer and the hood pass, to Burn a Koran day, and a few other topics that I've noticed on here, the common thread has been this insistence of freely expressing oneself without any expected repercussions.

I think about back in high school and playing the dozens.  If you weren't "bout that life", you stayed quiet or you might have to see somebody.  How did we reach a point where violence became barbaric as a means of handling conflict?  I've never visited anywhere outside of the U.S. aside from Nigeria, but how do other countries handle the right to free speech?  Is this a uniquely American concept?

I'm genuinely interested.

Are Americans cowards?
I've never really followed the news or current events that much but it seems like freedom of speech has become the center of quiet the few issues of today.  From the Draw a picture of Mohammed day, to John Mayer and the hood pass, to Burn a Koran day, and a few other topics that I've noticed on here, the common thread has been this insistence of freely expressing oneself without any expected repercussions.

I think about back in high school and playing the dozens.  If you weren't "bout that life", you stayed quiet or you might have to see somebody.  How did we reach a point where violence became barbaric as a means of handling conflict?  I've never visited anywhere outside of the U.S. aside from Nigeria, but how do other countries handle the right to free speech?  Is this a uniquely American concept?

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Are Americans cowards?

Yes.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Are Americans cowards?

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom