SMH Israel bombs Gaza Strip....Israel strikes demolish Hamas compounds, kills 192 injures 250+

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

That's the thing. Its nowhere near there level of Hamas. Yes, they fire rockets and mortars. The thing is, they barely hit anyone. They create fear which is one of the main goals, but in 90% of the cases the weapons are so primitive that no one is killed by them.

The BBC is reporting that seven hundred Palestinians were wounded in these attacks. SEVEN HUNDRED. The retaliation by Hamas was rocket fire, that killed one person.

It is completely unequal. There is no comparison between the attacks Israel carries out against Palestinians and the attacks Hamas carries out against Israelis. None whatsoever.
The people of Gaza elected Hamas.
You don't see Israel bombing the West Bank.

They elected Hamas knowing how Hamas operates.
The problem with the American/Israeli perspective is that they never ask questions about WHY the Palestinians act the way they do. Blaming terrorism to justify Israel's unproportional response to Hamas' rocket attacks is an easy cop-out. The Palestinians chose Hamas because Hamas portrayed themselves as a group that would address important Palestinian social issues and improve the livelihood of the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip. After being elected, many countries around the world banned the donation of money to Hamas because they were labelled as a terrorist organization. While this decision has impacted Hamas, the lack of money coming into the Gaza Strip has mostly impacted the Palestinian people. Hamas was also chosen because Fat'h was a notoriously corrupt party and people got sick and tired of being lied to. The ONLY alternative was Hamas. Despite Hamas' shady record, people were willing to give them a chance.

Israel being the dominant player in the Middle-East has the responsibility to act proportionally. The death of 2-3 Israelis is significant. However, to launch an air assault in response is irresponsible because the amount of damage it causes to civilian infrastructure. 200+ people have been killed, you can not possible think that all or even half of them were terrorists. Plus, as a democracy aren't you innocent until proven guilty? [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why didn't Israel round these people up and arrest them and then try them in court?[/color]
C'mon, are you serious? Easier said than done.
Originally Posted by whiterails

To all those condemning Israel's reaction, what do you think would be a suitable response to a group that has launched 200 rockets and mortars into your country in the past week alone?
Invite them over for dinner shortly after
eyes.gif

Seriously, Hamas had it coming, they knew it, they know what Israel military is capable of.
Was this the first confrontation? the 2nd? the 5th? the 406th? no. Maybe dinner and a conversation would serve them well, because thisdestructive cycle that you roll your eyes in compliance with hasn't.

Invite them over for dinner shortly after
eyes.gif

Seriously, Hamas had it coming, they knew it, they know what Israel American military is capable of.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

That's the thing. Its nowhere near there level of Hamas. Yes, they fire rockets and mortars. The thing is, they barely hit anyone. They create fear which is one of the main goals, but in 90% of the cases the weapons are so primitive that no one is killed by them.

The BBC is reporting that seven hundred Palestinians were wounded in these attacks. SEVEN HUNDRED. The retaliation by Hamas was rocket fire, that killed one person.

It is completely unequal. There is no comparison between the attacks Israel carries out against Palestinians and the attacks Hamas carries out against Israelis. None whatsoever.
The people of Gaza elected Hamas.
You don't see Israel bombing the West Bank.

They elected Hamas knowing how Hamas operates.
The problem with the American/Israeli perspective is that they never ask questions about WHY the Palestinians act the way they do. Blaming terrorism to justify Israel's unproportional response to Hamas' rocket attacks is an easy cop-out. The Palestinians chose Hamas because Hamas portrayed themselves as a group that would address important Palestinian social issues and improve the livelihood of the inhabitants of the Gaza Strip. After being elected, many countries around the world banned the donation of money to Hamas because they were labelled as a terrorist organization. While this decision has impacted Hamas, the lack of money coming into the Gaza Strip has mostly impacted the Palestinian people. Hamas was also chosen because Fat'h was a notoriously corrupt party and people got sick and tired of being lied to. The ONLY alternative was Hamas. Despite Hamas' shady record, people were willing to give them a chance.

Israel being the dominant player in the Middle-East has the responsibility to act proportionally. The death of 2-3 Israelis is significant. However, to launch an air assault in response is irresponsible because the amount of damage it causes to civilian infrastructure. 200+ people have been killed, you can not possible think that all or even half of them were terrorists. Plus, as a democracy aren't you innocent until proven guilty? [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why didn't Israel round these people up and arrest them and then try them in court?[/color]
C'mon, are you serious? Easier said than done.
Truly. I don't quite support what the Israelis have just done, but the above suggestion is beyond wishful thinking.

Anyone think this has as much to do with Kadima showing a strong hand in the run up to the 10 Feb election? A possible strategic maneuver by the party to showthe electorate that they won't back down from these type of attacks (as opposed to Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party, who most appear to believe to betougher - and more belligerent - on issues of national security/defence)?

I was in Israel in August and except for the Gaza Strip it is very safe to visit. Israel is a beautiful and amazing country so it is stupid to be scared tovisit because the news is totally sensationalized. And back to the issue, people have been persecuting and killing jews for thousands of years. Almost everycountry around Israel wants it eliminated so it is the Israeli mentality that they have to be the toughest people in the world with one of the best militariesor else they will be destroyed. These are people that have to fight for everything because they are surrounded by enemies so don't believe for a second ifHamas or anybody tries to screw around with them that Israel won't come back with a vengeance 100X more then the attack on them. They must in order tosurvive. If Israel shows any weakness these terrorists and enemy countries will pick up on that and attack israel even more like vultures.Israel isn'tright with everything they do and they have made plenty of mistakes but please believe these people will always defend themselves, especially being such asmall country surrounded by people who hate them. How do you think Jewish people and Israel have survived so much despite being hated for all of time? Israeliswon't take crap from others.

When Israel does missile strikes it is called a "mistake", but when the Palestinians launch attacks its terrorism.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

When Israel does missile strikes it is called a "mistake", but when the Palestinians launch attacks its terrorism.
ohwell.gif
Exactly.

Israel kills INNOCENTS = ACCIDENT, FORGIVEN.

Palestinians kill INNOCENTS = TERRORISM.

tired.gif
Thats B$.

The solution is extremely difficult to implement, especially for the Palestinians. For any solution to be implemented the Palestinians will have to give up more than Israel simply because the Israeli's have the upper hand at present and for the foreseeable future.

We know the 'why'. The 'why' is no longer important. Just as the 'why' for Israel is no longer important.
One can talk about the 'why' for decades. It won't solve anything.

There is a solution but it requires that the Palestinians give up a lot simply because they don't have the upper hand. Israel has no incentive to to compromise on key issues.
It's either the Palestinians choose to accept an agreement that is much less than they expect or keep on fighting. They choose to keep on fighting. That means Israel will keep on fighting too.

I don't care much for who's right or wrong in this situation. It's pointless anyways. Both sides are right at times and wrong other times, just like everything else in life.
/THREAD

RIP to all the innocent people. Expect hundreds if not thousands of operatives ready for Jihad inside Israel now as we speak. Never ending cycle.

suicideBomberKid.jpg

Our President Elect on the issue...
"If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I'm going to do everything in my power to stop that," ... "And I would expect Israelis to do the same thing"

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

ohwell.gif
Exactly.

tired.gif
Thats B$.
The thing is tho, Palestinians DELIBERATELY target civilians.

Hamas does nothing to separate it's military bases from civilian areas.. By launching attacks from civilian areas in the Gaza Strip, Hamas themselves areresponsible for having put civilians in the line of fire. When Israel attacks the bases that are in these areas, collateral damage is inevitable, but theIsraelis are not deliberately targeting civilians the way that Hamas does.

ohwell.gif
Exactly.

tired.gif
Thats B$.

Hamas does nothing to separate it's military bases from civilian areas.. By launching attacks from civilian areas in the Gaza Strip, Hamas themselves are responsible for having put civilians in the line of fire. When Israel attacks the bases that are in these areas, collateral damage is inevitable, but the Israelis are not deliberately targeting civilians the way that Hamas does.

Thats hypocritical. What, is Israel DUMB!??? They do not know that civilians LIVE around there??

ohwell.gif
Exactly.

tired.gif
Thats B$.

Hamas does nothing to separate it's military bases from civilian areas.. By launching attacks from civilian areas in the Gaza Strip, Hamas themselves are responsible for having put civilians in the line of fire. When Israel attacks the bases that are in these areas, collateral damage is inevitable, but the Israelis are not deliberately targeting civilians the way that Hamas does.

Thats hypocritical. What, is Israel DUMB!??? They do not know that civilians LIVE around there??

Of course they know that civilians live around there, but when Hamas chooses to have bases within civilian areas, Hamas is putting the civilians at risk.
If they had their bases in areas that weren't surrounded by civilians, then innocent lives would not be in the line of fire.

Look for more of this when Obama takes office. The funds will keep flowing.

We need a Pres. who has the cojones to cut foreign aid to Israel and the Middle East.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich would've done this.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Never ceases to amaze me how much press this recieves
grin.gif

I literraly
eyes.gif
when I saw this thread

\ I don't understand. You think it should get LESS press?

the US has its own problems to deal with. still.

Yeah, I woke up to this news this morning.

I hate how they keep saying this is a retaliation for rocket attacks. Please, this is more than just that. They want to bring down Hamas' rule in Gaza,plain and simple. The rocket attacks are wrong, but then again as probably already mentioned, they are a response to the occupation and the continuouspersecution, illegal occupation and ethnic cleansing which Palestinians go through every day.

I cannot watch the Arab sattelite news because of seeing all the dead bodies lying everywhere and mothers pounding their heads and crying over their dead sonsor husbands.

They even hit a SCHOOL...A school filled with children.

Then they wonder why the Middle East is so enraged about this situation and why they condemn the close U.S. ties to Israel which sponsors and supports Israeligovernment actions such as this.

My extended family lives in the West Bank, not in Gaza. But my thoughts are with those in Gaza right now and those whose families have been hit by thisbarbarity and atrocity.

To all those condemning Israel's reaction, what do you think would be a suitable response to a group that has launched 200 rockets and mortars into your country in the past week alone?

What do you think would be a suitable reaction if someone kicked you out of your home and still is occupying land that isn't even legally theirs accordingto the U.N.?

Originally Posted by Lrrr

grin.gif

I literraly
eyes.gif
when I saw this thread
What does that have to do with anything?
So if the US still has its own problems.... other things occurring around the world aren't that important?

Give the Palestinians all the newest state of the art tanks, helicopters and bombs, and then they could bomb the $%@@ out of the Israeli military facilitiesand when they kill some civilians, then they could act all holy and state how they did everything to prevent civilian casualties in press statements.

BTW, the Gaza strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth, so it's not like they have all the space in the world to build stuff. And even ifthey did, the people are STARVING in the area, and they're supposed to spend money on building new buildings? Buildings that Israel will destroy anywaysooner or later.

How can Americans wonder why people in the Middle East hate them when they support this terrorist state? Sadly, Obama won't change a damn thing. Even if hewanted to get less pro-Israeli (which he won't), the Congress would stop him.. And it would cost him the re-election, just like it did for Jimmy Carter in1980, after he tried to be objective and care for the Palestinians as well.

Some here should do a bit more research before posting on the topic.

Isreal is the occupier, they WILL NEVER be in defense. By default, they are the aggressors since they they occupy the land of an entire people.

The occupied has every right to defend themselves.

this war isnt gonna end anytime soon. each side is just gonna keep bombing each other. when someone else claims your land is their land, u'll do w.e u canto get them out. i still think that the middle east tensions/warfare is the reason another world war might me on its way, everyone is gonna interfere toprotect their own interests and its just gonna be all out warfare imo

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Lrrr

grin.gif

I literraly
eyes.gif
when I saw this thread
What does that have to do with anything?
So if the US still has its own problems.... other things occurring around the world aren't that important?

If the press was accurate I wouldn't mind it. Never the less in a way yes they are not as important. Sorry
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

How can Americans wonder why people in the Middle East hate them when they support this terrorist state? Sadly, Obama won't change a damn thing. Even if he wanted to get less pro-Israeli (which he won't), the Congress would stop him.. And it would cost him the re-election, just like it did for Jimmy Carter in 1980, after he tried to be objective and care for the Palestinians as well.

qft

Back
Top Bottom