Sneaker Collecting is dead and is a FAD

Its the the new media thats has all these celebs all of the sudden being "sneakerheads"... Dude Kim Kardashian rocks jays now! Saw Rihanna showing off her Playoff 12s on instagram! Smh its just getting ridiculous... Our monkey see monkey do generation

IDk, been doing this since I was 11, im 23 now.
What sucks is all kicks i had before I stopped growing (like 70% of my collection) had to be thrown out, or sold, or donated to charity. Since there is like no value in GS sizes (at least there wasnt until the beast $%%%@+ up this game), I had my mom donate them. I also gave away lightly used clothes. Somwhere out there, there was an orphan with stylin out.

Everything is cyclical. What once was, will be again. This is how jersey collectors felt years ago when rappers started wearing nothing but. And then all of the sudden you could get pro cuts for $15.

All the old timers and real deal fellas need to do is sit back, and stay calm.

Its not dead, but its not the same anymore.
too many resellers, too many hypebeasts.
I collect air jordans because i admire
MJs impact in basketball and the
designs of air jordans have been
Always something special in its
Appearance.

it's never gonna be dead. it may slow down later but it'll come back stronger than before. get used to it and accept it for what it is instead of complaining.

It has been a fad for over 10 years then.  Come on guys, they had QS and limited releases back in 2002, it they will still have them in 2022.  People love shoes and there will always be collectors, just don't make them an investment.  Shoes are a horrible investment, they fall apart in 10 years

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Everything is cyclical. What once was, will be again. This is how jersey collectors felt years ago when rappers started wearing nothing but. And then all of the sudden you could get pro cuts for $15.

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

its far from dead. it will be dead when the sneaker companies file for bankruptcy or when kids stop caring about sneakers
^Agreed. For better or WORSE, it's more alive than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alive for the hypebeasts and resellers = dead for the 80's babies

im not an older timer.. 25.
yes, the hype is out of hand, but do i even notice? no
all these overpriced shoes you mentioned, lebron elites, yeezy 2s, i dont pay a speck of attention to. not a moment of my time.
this entire jb section? garbage. just everyone trying to get "hyped" for a release and look for the approval of other people
across the internet for their purchases. What used to be about informing release dates and helping people find their pair is now just flaunting
does it bother me that this dumb #%%% is going on? not really cuz i just dont think about it. it takes me 2 minutes to look thru a list of release dates to see what im interested in.
if i like it, ill buy it online at midnight because thats the nature of purchasing retros these days, if not ignore it.

Well yeah it's not considered collecting when people buy shoes with the intention of making a small profit off of it. This thing's been dead for a long time. Prices are getting higher and lines getting longer, just no fun anymore

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by aphexacid

This. Why would I cop the Playoff XII's now when I'll be able to get them below retail on here/eBay when the fashionistas get tired of them. You can already occasionally score Chicago X's below retail, I'm sure it will be the same with nearly every release.

I'm just buying a bunch of non-Jordan stuff that sits and goes on sale. Bargains to be had everywhere.

I have always liked dressing nicely.
sneakers are just part of an outfit.

if you think sneakers are more than a fashion accessory then you're a weirdo and you should spend your sneaker money on a therapist instead.

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

Then get out of this "SNEAKER COLLECTING" website.
Good bye.

couldn't agree more, if all you people hate the game so much then quit, please.

to me jordans are dead...aint the same to me...probably because i owned almost every OG Jordan coloway that i liked....i think to me..once i have it, the next time it re-releases, it doesn't feel the same to me. add that to the fact that it's damn near impossible to get Jordans on RD now because of the craziness from the Concord release. New resellers think they can capture that profit margin from the concords on every Jordan release. also the drop in quality and no more Nike Air, i've moved to Nikes...AMs, Foams, Lebrons....my money will always go to better quality. Anyone that thinks that these retros now have the same or better quality is in serious denial.

Originally Posted by LBCOL

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

Then get out of this "SNEAKER COLLECTING" website.
Good bye.

couldn't agree more, if all you people hate the game so much then quit, please.
laugh.gif
 I love the "game" talk. 

shamu
laugh.gif

I don't think it's dead yet...but it's getting there. It's been said for years now...and every year it's truer. With any luck the hysteria will run its course within the next few years. I probably won't even be interested by then...  

The shoe hobby will never die, someone will take over once you quit and pay resale price because they have a job and saved enough money to pay it, or they have alot of money because they're rich and resale is pennies to them, so it will go on. There will always be someone to replace the retired and it will always be like this from now on. So either you do the work or get left behind if you want to buy them retail price. I have been lucky and unlucky retail wise and have adapted well since the days of just walking and buying as many pairs back it the days. So you will lose some and win some, it is just how it is now and no it will not die and all of us wishing to get jordans again just by walking into a store anytime, that will never happen. Time to either quit or always plan on what to do to get yours for retail. It is just the way to go from now on.

166hbhy.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm tired of these damn threads. Some of you fools need to be banned or something. Get a blog. If you're tired of buying sneakers then stop, damn. Nobody is putting a gun to your head.  

Originally Posted by badboy074

The shoe hobby will never die, someone will take over once you quit and pay resale price because they have a job and saved enough money to pay it, or they have alot of money because they're rich and resale is pennies to them, so it will go on. There will always be someone to replace the retired and it will always be like this from now on. So either you do the work or get left behind if you want to buy them retail price. I have been lucky and unlucky retail wise and have adapted well since the days of just walking and buying as many pairs back it the days. So you will lose some and win some, it is just how it is now and no it will not die and all of us wishing to get jordans again just by walking into a store anytime, that will never happen. Time to either quit or always plan on what to do to get yours for retail. It is just the way to go from now on.

That's not what OP was saying. Obviously business is booming...in that sense this hobby isn't dead, or dying for that matter. Your post actually supports OP's opinion.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

its far from dead. it will be dead when the sneaker companies file for bankruptcy or when kids stop caring about sneakers
^Agreed. For better or WORSE, it's more alive than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alive for the hypebeasts and resellers = dead for the 80's babies

seriously though if nike/jb go broke what they gonna make, imagine them fusions, spizikes, dub zeros and sbs cant even save em
laugh.gif

end up like out of business or have a merger/takeover

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Yes I said it. Agree or disagree? All these line ups, marked up prices with bad quality, limited hyperquickstrikes, re-sellers, and bandwagon idiots killed it along with all the stupid sneaker cakes, sneaker gas mask, Galaxy, elephant print, glow in the dark, on EVERYTHING is dead. I don't wanna stick around and find out what happens in the future... Gone are the good ol days and those who are 30 years old or older can relate.

obama-drinking-a-drink-from-a-drink-cup1.jpg

im a shoe addict! im not gonna stop collecting cause a bunch of *$%%#@% resellers are ruining it. i love shoes.

Back
Top Bottom