Ok. I'll admit it. I'm uninformed.

Somebody school me on the pirates.

What exactly do they do and why?

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

hijacked a couple of boats.

i dont believe they killed anyone, but I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by soltheman

info on those benz shorts.

pimp.gif

My boy that I hoop with has some benz shorts. We all crack on him for it but we all know his are
pimp.gif

I took a lot of heat a couple of months back, for trying to explain that these guys were basically the coast guard for the Horn of Africa...

This goes to show you how easily the media can (mis)shape your perception on reality.

As a nation we still haven't learned from Iraq debacle and the manipulation that continuously leads us into profitable problems for a select few. Idon't think the masses ever will learn to think independently and rationally.

Thank GOD for independent media.

Wait a minute, let me get this straight...

The increase in fish stocks makes it okay for the pirates to interrupt international transport?

Insurance premiums on shipping through that area is up 1000%. It costs an extra 7-8 million to go around the Cape of Good Hope (to avoid pirates). We're ina global recession where there are ships being docked in random bodies of water because they're being unused. Adding to the costs of transports onlyworsens this problem and prevents any real recovery in shipping.

Do I feel sorry for Somalians and others that have it tough? Yes. Do I think it's okay to disrupt international trade because they have it tough? No. Idon't care if the fish stocks go up, piracy should not be tolerated. If they wants boats to go further away from the coast to avoid disrupting fish stocks,there are better ways to go about it.

again, robbing ships to support your +!#$%* and blow habits has nothing to do with this. they arent freedom fighters, they are greedy criminals.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

The increase in fish stocks makes it okay for the pirates to interrupt international transport?

Insurance premiums on shipping through that area is up 1000%. It costs an extra 7-8 million to go around the Cape of Good Hope (to avoid pirates). We're in a global recession where there are ships being docked in random bodies of water because they're being unused. Adding to the costs of transports only worsens this problem and prevents any real recovery in shipping.

Do I feel sorry for Somalians and others that have it tough? Yes. Do I think it's okay to disrupt international trade because they have it tough? No. I don't care if the fish stocks go up, piracy should not be tolerated. If they wants boats to go further away from the coast to avoid disrupting fish stocks, there are better ways to go about it.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Insurance premiums on shipping through that area is up 1000%. It costs an extra 7-8 million to go around the Cape of Good Hope (to avoid pirates). We're in a global recession where there are ships being docked in random bodies of water because they're being unused. Adding to the costs of transports only worsens this problem and prevents any real recovery in shipping.

Do I feel sorry for Somalians and others that have it tough? Yes. Do I think it's okay to disrupt international trade because they have it tough? No. I don't care if the fish stocks go up, piracy should not be tolerated. If they wants boats to go further away from the coast to avoid disrupting fish stocks, there are better ways to go about it.
Agreed.
They're also pirating because foreign vessels are using their waters to dump waste.

If there was a better way about it, I doubt that they would have had to resort to piracy.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Agreed.
They're also pirating because foreign vessels are using their waters to dump waste.

and instead of using those millions of dollars to help their people they care so much about, they use it to bang hookers and do lines all day until they findanother boat. someone give these guys the nobel peace prize for protecting their homeland

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Big European corporations began dumping toxic waste in the waters surrounding the horn of Africa, causing infant deaths, spread of infectiousdiseases, tremendous pollution and terrible deformities among the local population. They also stripped the waters of valuable seafood, which served as thelifeblood of the residents.

The local men grew fed up of the exploitation and took to patrolling the waters with weapons. They ran off the waste dumpers and kept away the illegal fishers.Some of the more desperate and "criminal" elements of an unstable Somalian nation began hijacking ships and holding them for ransom. Our media triedpainting all of the "pirates" with the same broad brush, calling them pirates, thugs and criminals, even though those "criminals" werebring pursued and punished by the other pirates, who only wanted to protect the well being of their nation and people...not to become rich off of ransomdemands.

Our CIA is currently in Somalia doing the devilish things that they do in our names and the name of "democracy".

So when you see the Rupert Murdoch propaganda machine start spinning around this topic again...just know that there is always two sides to a story...and youhave just seen the other side.

I bet your white....

Back
Top Bottom