So I graduated high school earlier this summer vol. finnagetratchetincollege!!!!

Having just graduated a lot of people have congratulated me on my achievement of finishing high school and I wonder what makes graduation such a momentous occasion. Are we really celebrating people completing something that they have set out to do? It would make sense to celebrate those that received awards (only got a community service one :\) because they went above and beyond the basics of passing. Like I'm going to a pretty good college and I appreciate the compliments, but I haven't done anything congratulatory yet.

Ok well what should I expect in college. I never did much partying in high school and I'm afraid the transition to college will make me get cray especially without an asian mother to asian mother her way into everything. I do intend on smashing as much as possible however I'm not an NT Alpha Male :frown: and a little shy with tha gurls. Teach me old NT-er's!

Here's a few funny pictures if you wanna see them i guess whatever you want dude
tumblr_m83wdcbVep1r304n0o1_500.png

tumblr_m7ekluijVf1qj0196o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6s25w6I6X1r5zq6ao1_400.gif

tumblr_m5nbs1aWk61rqcu9eo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m61br3aD4N1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

tumblr_lj479aX5Af1qhw4wvo1_500.png

AND ONE MORE
tumblr_lsqk22DVBR1qcumjho1_500.jpg

My transition to college was a different.

Going to a community college in another city. Tough to make friends, specially cause I moved down here alone.

It's whatever though. Just trying to do my two years and get out.

Good luck to you, OP.

Last edited:
This is just like scoring a TD in the NFL and how you react.....some choose to celebrate like Chad Johnson or Victor Cruz when they reach the endzone, others take the Barry Sanders approach.

Act like you're supposed to be there and you expected this.

That's how I took it at least, even at college....I expected that of myself so I wasn't gassed and ready to go blow stacks downtown after getting my degree. Take time to recognize the milestone you have reached but understand there is a larger goal at hand (that is if you have one).

any halfwit can pass highschool. Congrats on having brain cells, I suppose.

don't worry about this burger....he gives rep points to himself and displays female tendencies whenever he gets the chance.

the pics you posted for the most part were stupid.

I never lived that ratchet life in college. I was always in a relationship and just had girls on the side sweat me the whole time.

If i'm gonna give you advice it would be to wear protection, your own protection, that you bought, and that the girl your smangin didn't poke holes in the condoms. Otherwise you finnagetakidincollege. Nah mean.

you say things like "burger" though. which automatically makes you a massive dork.

and never once have i given rep points to myself. People just love me, even those who dont really want to.

you're probably one of the dudes who broke down crying over what i said in the chick fil a thread. Did your parents graduate highschool atleast?

Last edited:
If i'm gonna give you advice it would be to wear protection, your own protection, that you bought, and that the girl your smangin didn't poke holes in the condoms. Otherwise you finnagetakidincollege. Nah mean.

^exactly

I'm just gonna say bro don't do anything you'll be ashamed of later on
and please don't use the word ratchet with yourself :smh: I feel like it should only be used in reference to girls as bad as that sounds

Please do not be serious on being ratchet... you will regret it at the end of the year when you see your GPA. You can trust me on this.

Do your work, go to your classes, make study acquaintances in said classes, talk to your professors, get involved in an activity that correlates to your career, never think you are above doing something, wear protection if you're gonna smash, don't do drugs if you are not comfortable doing them.

you will meet people who will fall in and out of your life in college. Never commit yourself 100% to these people. However, you will know who is worth keeping in your circle.

And yes, I agree, anyone can pass high school. It really isn't that hard. Congratulations on becoming an adult.

SHOTS FIRED!!! bang bang

OP college is like purgatory..not a kid anymore but not yet in the real world

How u take advantage of this is on you..

take some risks and have some sex.

Going to CAL this fall and I'm not worried about transitions, just finna be work work work work until i hit the weekend.

Generally speaking highschool prepares very few students for college level classes. Be prepared to make the extra effort early, especially if you pick something in the sciences or engineering. Of course you're gonna be excited about the partying and the added freedom, but don't forget why you're there in the first place. You'll see many of your peers fail to keep this balance and it can be a very costly mistake.

you say things like "burger" though. which automatically makes you a massive dork.

and never once have i given rep points to myself. People just love me, even those who dont really want to.

you're probably one of the dudes who broke down crying over what i said in the chick fil a thread. Did your parents graduate highschool atleast?

I gave you rep points for wearing your sister's lime green v-neck shirt to the club.

"I'm too sexy for my shirt'?

Please do not be serious on being ratchet... you will regret it at the end of the year when you see your GPA. You can trust me on this.
Do your work, go to your classes, make study acquaintances in said classes, talk to your professors, get involved in an activity that correlates to your career, never think you are above doing something, wear protection if you're gonna smash, don't do drugs if you are not comfortable doing them.
you will meet people who will fall in and out of your life in college. Never commit yourself 100% to these people. However, you will know who is worth keeping in your circle.
And yes, I agree, anyone can pass high school. It really isn't that hard. Congratulations on becoming an adult.

cosign. I messed around way too much my first quarter (dropped a class, failed the other 2) :smh: I was having too much fun and not taking my classes seriously. It took me till the end of my 2ND YEAR of college to finally get completely off academic probation (originally was on academic disqualification). :x

going to class takes minimal effort as does taking notes and going discussion sections. discussions are probably more important than classes themselves, so don't sleep on them. that's where you'll get the most help.

once off AP I was able to better manage my time between school and fun. It's way better than stressin getting kicked out for a quarter of nonstop partying

Generally speaking highschool prepares very few students for college level classes. Be prepared to make the extra effort early, especially if you pick something in the sciences or engineering. Of course you're gonna be excited about the partying and the added freedom, but don't forget why you're there in the first place. You'll see many of your peers fail to keep this balance and it can be a very costly mistake.
WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN GETTING YAMBS AND "PARTYING IT UP."

I go to one of the biggest party schools and thought the frat parties here are kind of lame, if you really want to get into partying I suggest finding some people you know who have their own parties/kickbacks. I went to this radio/music majors party (I'm in neither) and had soooo much fun. Less "bros-y" but if that's what you like do you. Downtown was meh :\ kind of useless if you're under 18 and don't have a fake ID and paying for cover isn't worth it. I didn't party at all in HS either and kind of fell into the trap of partying it up a bit which lead to dropping a class...and nt doing so well. And I also got put into many situations in which I was knocking on death's door. I don't regret it at all but I'm still trying to lift my GPA from Freshman year...and I was actually way luckier than most of my friends. They got trapped in the frat party life and their Freshman year was their last.

Just remember, in college being smart is cool.

Last edited:
I gave you rep points for wearing your sister's lime green v-neck shirt to the club.
"I'm too sexy for my shirt'?
You're ALWAYS around. always quoting me. always following me around.

you're like the freshman who hangs out by the football field desperately hoping the quarterback will give you a friendly nod or something.

im willing to bet good money you would never post your pic up on here

type of dude that has a face only a mother could love.

Last edited:
what to expect in college?

aa lot of other people like you. people who have tasted freedom for the first time and dont know how to manage. EVERYONE will tell you to balance your partying with yoru schoolwork, be levelheaded, etc... etc... etc... the truth of the matter is, easier said than done. I was told the same thing going in, and yet i still went gorilla wild like most incoming freshman do. There were a lot of casualties right away. 2 out of 5 of the dudes in my close circle dropped out by the end of the year (in college you will meet people FAST and become best buddies FAST, the nature of spending virtually every waking moment with these people)

best advice i can think of is just have fun and be yourself. dont be that lame who wants to recreate a new persona for themselves just because they are around a new batch of people who did not know about their prior HS life. assuming you arent a complete rock for brains, you will figure out soon enough how to balance the fun and the work. either that, or your asian mother will threaten to drag your butt home and enroll you in the local community college when she finds out that youre on academic probation the first semester.

unrelated

I'm a fan of CLUB27, not afraid to admit it. I think he is a good contributor to this community.

Having just graduated a lot of people have congratulated me on my achievement of finishing high school and I wonder what makes graduation such a momentous occasion. Are we really celebrating people completing something that they have set out to do? It would make sense to celebrate those that received awards (only got a community service one :\) because they went above and beyond the basics of passing. Like I'm going to a pretty good college and I appreciate the compliments, but I haven't done anything congratulatory yet.

The length that many of our parents went through in order to get to school for an education makes me value a high school education. Some had to commute to different counties or move in with relatives during the school year for a decent education and end up not finishing for any reason other than them not wanting to. Its a different age now where we dont value what hasnt always been readily available and still isnt in some places. So I'm all for congratulating youths on graduating. It's too easy for them to drop out these days. It means something to people these days when you actually stick to what you're supposed to do and complete it.

Don't take your education for granted bro. You're in a position that not many people are in and are hungrier than you are for. Make the most out of this college and future investment. What you do in college can determine how quickly doors will open for you afterward.

The length that many of our parents went through in order to get to school for an education makes me value a high school education. Some had to commute to different counties or move in with relatives during the school year for a decent education and end up not finishing for any reason other than them not wanting to. Its a different age now where we dont value what hasnt always been readily available and still isnt in some places. So I'm all for congratulating youths on graduating. It's too easy for them to drop out these days. It means something to people these days when you actually stick to what you're supposed to do and complete it.
Don't take your education for granted bro. You're in a position that not many people are in and are hungrier than you are for. Make the most out of this college and future investment. What you do in college can determine how quickly doors will open for you afterward.
Now I feel bad about taking my education for granted... A lot of people got put onto academic probation, is party life really that serious tho? I never struggled in high school and I spent like maybe ~5 hours studying/doing work for school a week max. I'm not expecting college to be that much of a boost like maybe ~10 hours of work a week.

Also **** you guys doing starting beef in this thread bunch of females getting mad at things that jus aren't even make sense to do with.

Now I feel bad about taking my education for granted... A lot of people got put onto academic probation, is party life really that serious tho? I never struggled in high school and I spent like maybe ~5 hours studying/doing work for school a week max. I'm not expecting college to be that much of a boost like maybe ~10 hours of work a week.
Also **** you guys doing starting beef in this thread bunch of females getting mad at things that jus aren't even make sense to do with.

**** young buck when grown people talking. and learn how to form a sentence correctly.

Now on to what I wanted to say before I had to put you in line....I took h.s. way too easy. I basically coasted off a 70 average throughout h.s. One semester I wanted to see what I would get if I actually used my aptitude for learning and got an overall average of 93 and then continued coasting. I was cutting all the time as well.

It wasn't until I got to college and money was on the line that I actually became studious. If you can learn how to balance the party life with the academic then you'll have a good time....but it's usually a couple mistakes early on that teaches you how to find that balance.

If your money is on the line or your parents money or even gov't money....do your best, make connections with your classmates and other college kids, and have fun on your vacation time.

If you work hard during the school year, it makes the vacation time worth it.

College is supposed to be the most fun time of your life. Make it happen. Pass your classes, make it a priority. Party, go out, be social. You got a clean slate, no one knows what you were in high school. Everyone is trying to make friends, especially freshman year

Back
Top Bottom