So i just purchased my first motorcycle ...Vol. i got Questions!

laugh.gif

Gotta be trolling.
I'm deAd serious bro, I already knew how to drive a stick so I understood clutch/throttle relationship. There are lots of detailed vids on how to ride a motorcycle
Well damn.

More power and much props to you. No way I could do that.

Last edited:
Props bro.

I bought my first bike without knowing how to ride either. My dad was an avid bike enthusiast though so he basically sold me on the idea. Bought mine 3 months ago don't have my license yet and prob won't get it until it gets nicer out since i won't ride much in the cold anyway.

I went calm on my first bike. My 600 katana is fast enough for me being a first timer (or so I am told...still haven't had it over 50 mph). Will upgrade to a GSX in 2 or so years

View media item 127239
To everyone that doesn't have a license you just have a learners? and ride with that or just ride illegally?

Last edited:
quick question, not to go off topic... i thought if you had a motorcycle you don't need to get insurance... i'm in florida not sure if that pertains to my state or i heard wrong...

anyways good luck be safe.

. Helps a lot having even a little experience riding before taking it. Good luck with it and be safe
Passed my MSF course about 2 weeks ago and this is great advice. I had never been on a bike before and stalled out dozens of times so it def helps to learn to use the clutch before taking it. I passed but it wasn't easy for never having been on a bike.

quick question, not to go off topic... i thought if you had a motorcycle you don't need to get insurance... i'm in florida not sure if that pertains to my state or i heard wrong...
i dont know if coverage is mandatory but its better to have insurance in case the bike get stolen. i asked the same question a few days ago in the motorcycle thread...

fully faired sport bikes are popular targets for thieves that are not locked up.

also, picked my first bike up over the weekend as well 06 SV650n not my pic but same exact bike so pumped for it to get warm so i can ride more.

*my bad for the double.

Last edited:
:lol:

Gotta be trolling.

I took a manual car off the lot without ever driving stick before. I also watched some youtube vids before I went to pick it up :lol:. Drove 30 miles home and was 90% efficient in 3 hrs. The next day on my way to work (30 miles), it was raining with heavy traffic. I was super exahusted by time I got in

Bikes...my fav subject..1st off u gotta cbr600 which is a great starter bike..i learned how to ride on dirtbikes i had as a kid so my 1st bike was an 1100cc..im an expert rider and as seen in my avy i have a repsol cbr1000 so that should tell u that the cbr u bought was a good choice..however the fairings on ur bike r obviously aftermarket and when a bike has aftermarket fairings theres a 99.9999999% chance the bikes been wrecked..the owner had no insurance to pay for stock fairings and ordered some generic plastics online..so congrats on the bike but be cautious for anything to break down on it
whhaa

wow.. well the dealer ship did tell me they would give me a motor warranty soo im very suspicious now what should I llook for on the bike for signs of that?

I took a manual car off the lot without ever driving stick before. I also watched some youtube vids before I went to pick it up :lol:. Drove 30 miles home and was 90% efficient in 3 hrs. The next day on my way to work (30 miles), it was raining with heavy traffic. I was super exahusted by time I got in

this

watched a vid on youtube then drove home from queens in early traffic only stalled twice but i was panicking cause i thought people were gonna honk at me

Props bro.
I bought my first bike without knowing how to ride either. My dad was an avid bike enthusiast though so he basically sold me on the idea. Bought mine 3 months ago don't have my license yet and prob won't get it until it gets nicer out since i won't ride much in the cold anyway.
I went calm on my first bike. My 600 katana is fast enough for me being a first timer (or so I am told...still haven't had it over 50 mph). Will upgrade to a GSX in 2 or so years
View media item 127239To everyone that doesn't have a license you just have a learners? and ride with that or just ride illegally?

1) i hit 50 MPH on flatbush is the flow is decent... and on semi open roads (I.E. FDR, West Side HWY, Belt PKWY..) im on 70 as i enter the entrance to the road and 90 MPH for the rest of the ride... fugg it..

2) no license here, but NYC cops dont pull you over if your joint looks decent and your not bugging in traffic (Wheelies, Indos, overly Revving your engine...)... plus NYPD dont arrest you is you dont have a license, as long as you have a permit and your have the correct papers on you like Insurance and registration... cops are more worried about non-street legal dirt bikes and stolen bikes more than a good rider..

Props bro.
View media item 127239To everyone that doesn't have a license you just have a learners? and ride with that or just ride illegally?

1) i hit 50 MPH on flatbush if the flow is decent... and on semi open roads (I.E. FDR, West Side HWY, Belt PKWY..) im on 70 as i enter the entrance to the road and 90 MPH for the rest of the ride... fugg it..

2) no license here, but NYC cops dont pull you over if your joint looks decent and your not "bugging" in traffic (Wheelies, Indos, overly Revving your engine...)... plus NYPD dont arrest you if you dont have a bike license, as long as you have a permit and your have the correct papers on you like Insurance and registration...

cops are more worried about non-street legal dirt bikes and stolen bikes more than a good rider..

Last edited:
Bikes...my fav subject..1st off u gotta cbr600 which is a great starter bike..i learned how to ride on dirtbikes i had as a kid so my 1st bike was an 1100cc..im an expert rider and as seen in my avy i have a repsol cbr1000 so that should tell u that the cbr u bought was a good choice..however the fairings on ur bike r obviously aftermarket and when a bike has aftermarket fairings theres a 99.9999999% chance the bikes been wrecked..the owner had no insurance to pay for stock fairings and ordered some generic plastics online..so congrats on the bike but be cautious for anything to break down on it
whhaa

wow.. well the dealer ship did tell me they would give me a motor warranty soo im very suspicious now what should I llook for on the bike for signs of that?
Well if the bikes been wrecked which is almost certain in your case..i mean u never really know unless its under a salvaged title and that only happens if it was totaled by insurance..alot of dudes dont put insurance on bikes which is y u see generic fairings on bikes dudes bought off CL or Ebay..so honestly just be cautious..u can really never know whats gonna go wrong until it does so just be ready..my bike is a 2011 and still under factory warranty but even if it wasnt i would still buy the extended warranty becuz u never know..just keep up with the maintenance (oil change, air filter, chain lube)

I'm going to try to get my motorcycle license sometime soon, but if it's too expensive I may just wait until I turn 18.

Also, someday I will own a Harley Davidson fatboy.

Lol y'all dudes tripping. If you can drive a stick and flat foot the bike then it's really simple, all you have to learn is throttle and brake control. You can easily learn that around your neighborhood

Yep.. Bought a GSX-R 600 when I first starting riding in 06. Wasn't the smartest decision but I don't regret it. I did take the MSF course and it really helped. Knowing how to drive stick helped me, but it almost felt like learning something new because the mechanics felt backwards. Shifter on the bottom and clutch up top. Once you get over that, it's cakewalk. 

I almost died a couple times in a span of a year so I ended up getting rid of my bike. Two separate times two stupid girls in their cars ran me off the road because they were on their phones not paying attention. One of them I wiped out in the grass and the other I managed to stay upright somehow and chased her down, broke her side mirror off, and threw a handful of pennies I kept in my jacket pocket. After that incident I sold my bike. I love riding but I can't trust the people around me.

I'm sure with experience you'll get the hang of it. CBR's are fun! Be safe and don't be a squid...

Great bike
glasses.gif
! Great choice. EVERY one I know who bought a 250 wanted to trade up after a month or so of riding.

I learned how to ride via the Motorcycle Rider Safety Foundation course, passed and bought a GSXR 600 Telefonica Edition. LOVE EVERY MINUTE of it! Hate I sold it, but I'll get a 750 pretty soon.

I highly recommend taking the MSF course, it helps a lot and saves you a few bucks on insurance. I took the class for free, b/c I'm in the civil serivce so just about any base/installation offers the class, b/c Soldiers MUST take the course. Well, anyone who wants to ride on base.

ENJOY YOUR PICK UP!!!

Last edited:
FLA is one of the few states that have little to no laws for their riders. It's almost like they le tyou take your life in own hands. It's a law requirement for you to wear a helmet either.

Back
Top Bottom