So I quit smoking, and immediately got sick...

Maybe not 'immediately' but pretty directly. I'm on day 5 currently. At the end of day 3 I noticed the back of my throat was sore. It's blown up into basically a flu now. Has anyone else experienced this? And help or info? I was so excited to finally have the balls to quit, and now I feel like crap.

Maybe not 'immediately' but pretty directly. I'm on day 5 currently. At the end of day 3 I noticed the back of my throat was sore. It's blown up into basically a flu now. Has anyone else experienced this? And help or info? I was so excited to finally have the balls to quit, and now I feel like crap.

Stick in there. It will pay off in the long run. I quit on New Years Day and have been going strong since. I got sick too.
If you think a sore throat is bad wait until week 3 the anxiety attacks kick in (of coarse everyone is different though).
I still get cravings even 8 months later especially after all my triggers like social settings, eating too much, drinking, sex, driving...you know...all the things that were made better by sweet nicotine.

Stick in there. It will pay off in the long run. I quit on New Years Day and have been going strong since. I got sick too.
If you think a sore throat is bad wait until week 3 the anxiety attacks kick in (of coarse everyone is different though).
I still get cravings even 8 months later especially after all my triggers like social settings, eating too much, drinking, sex, driving...you know...all the things that were made better by sweet nicotine.

Yup, when you smoke.

Herb that is, your immune system goes down.

I'm guessing that you got sick off that..

Yup, when you smoke.

Herb that is, your immune system goes down.

I'm guessing that you got sick off that..

Yea man.. I started smoking kinda young.. quit in high school. I missed a lot of school due to getting real sick - prob sick altogether for about 2 or 3 weeks. Cold sweats, nightmares.. all of it. I actually have some pics right when I first started feeling it - it was during cultural week or whatever. Look like crap in all the pics. It's funny lookin back - but it keeps the memory there.

Anyway man - keep it up. You'll be good!

Yea man.. I started smoking kinda young.. quit in high school. I missed a lot of school due to getting real sick - prob sick altogether for about 2 or 3 weeks. Cold sweats, nightmares.. all of it. I actually have some pics right when I first started feeling it - it was during cultural week or whatever. Look like crap in all the pics. It's funny lookin back - but it keeps the memory there.

Anyway man - keep it up. You'll be good!

It'll be like that the firs few days, When my dad quit drinking he didn't feel good for the next 3-4 months. You'll get better, just don't start again.

It'll be like that the firs few days, When my dad quit drinking he didn't feel good for the next 3-4 months. You'll get better, just don't start again.

going through this now.

i seriously regret the day i took that girl up on her offer.

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom