So if Lebron wins tonight, what person in all of sports will be under the most pressure to win now?

Dwight & Melo its just going to be tough for them because both has to go through each other or The Heat i felt Melo best chance was in Denver instead of NY cause of money issues there over paid players in NY

It's CLEARLY melo

The honeymoon is over. The gimmick coach is gone. New Yorkers arent patient.

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Nobody is satisfied with Lebron winning a ring off a shortened season playboy.

It's still Lebron.

extra_salted_caramel_sauce_grande.jpg

I think its gotta be Tony Romo...last year is all the proof u need...Dude puts up the best year of his career, statistically better than Eli,, only qbs with a better year last year were Rogers, BRees, and Brady..yet and still itsalways his fault when the defense collapses and gives away the lead...

Only thing that'll change the perception is winning the bowl..and he only needs one..I get the nature of the beast, just how it is in the league...

only takes one tone...

It's a shortened season
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Didn't know the Heat were the only ones who played during a shortened season. Could've sworn
there were 32 30 teams.
***EDIT: I'm ready for the NFL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

It's a shortened season
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Didn't know the Heat were the only ones who played during a shortened season. Could've sworn
there were 32 teams.
exactly......

except there are only 30 teams

just a thought...san diego sports media is relax or else p rivers would have a lot of pressure. his draft peers, manning and roethlisberger both each have 2 super bowl wins.
for NFL though, it might be tony romo/dallas cowboys or andy reid/eagles or rex ryan/jets.
for NBA, melo and d-howard

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

Originally Posted by ToroTrigger

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

It's still Lebron.
for many reasons - and the Heat will probably re-up and sign some big names this offseason and crush. again.
If anything its even more magnified now cause hes gonna have to prove everyone wrong AGAIN and do it twice. unfortunate but its the reality

In a huge fan, huge. But it's not unfortunate at all - if he actually wants to be the best or in the the top5 of all time he needs 3. Minimum. He knows it or should; and no reason he shouldn't win multiple if he can tap that ego again. The Indiana/celtics series' changed him. Looks like he gets it now.As far as the Melo people - I don't think anyone will ever care if melo does or does not win a ring - he's just not that guy. DRose, DHoward, clippers, thunder have MUCH higher expectations nationally. Maybe even rondo now.

for many reasons - and the Heat will probably re-up and sign some big names this offseason and crush. again.
If anything its even more magnified now cause hes gonna have to prove everyone wrong AGAIN and do it twice. unfortunate but its the reality

In a huge fan, huge. But it's not unfortunate at all - if he actually wants to be the best or in the the top5 of all time he needs 3. Minimum. He knows it or should; and no reason he shouldn't win multiple if he can tap that ego again. The Indiana/celtics series' changed him. Looks like he gets it now.As far as the Melo people - I don't think anyone will ever care if melo does or does not win a ring - he's just not that guy. DRose, DHoward, clippers, thunder have MUCH higher expectations nationally. Maybe even rondo now.

How does a team accolade determine how great you are as a individual player? Please break it down for me. So kerr/horry/fisher are better players or once were better players then stockton, malone, reggie... Stockton by many circles is considered the best pg of all time. How many rings has he won again? So since billups won a ring he is > stockton. If melo somehow wins one etc.. he is better then lets say barkley? And how does the talent to rings to individual stats to all time greats ratio work?

I hear alot of ppl use this irrational/illogical measurement yet have no basis of how it works.

In what world is Stockton considered better than isiah or magic? And I hate isiah

Championships matter when talking about all time greatness. In basketball especially because it's the easiest sport for one player to make an impact.

Originally Posted by LDJ

How does a team accolade determine how great you are as a individual player? Please break it down for me. So kerr/horry/fisher are better players or once were better players then stockton, malone, reggie... Stockton by many circles is considered the best pg of all time. How many rings has he won again? So since billups won a ring he is > stockton. If melo somehow wins one etc.. he is better then lets say barkley? And how does the talent to rings to individual stats to all time greats ratio work?

I hear alot of ppl use this irrational/illogical measurement yet have no basis of how it works.
Horry > Barkley.

Blee dat.

Originally Posted by DubA169

In what world is Stockton considered better than isiah or magic? And I hate isiah

Championships matter when talking about all time greatness. In basketball especially because it's the easiest sport for one player to make an impact.

tons of ppl say stockton is the best pure pg ever. and lots of ppl think stockton is better then zeke. same as ppl say jerry west was top 5/10 player all time based on rings/fact he is the logo... which further proves my point... ppl throw gameplay and overall skill/talent out the window when rings are involved. So shaq should trump akeem now. Example if tim didnt have the rings he has, he wouldnt be as skilled etc of a player...? If vince carter had rings instead of kobe would he be the better player...? If bynum has more rings then howard is he a better player...? If blake gets one before love is he a better overall player...? So knicks get a ring and that makes melo>durant...

Hell bush has a superbowl ring, why not say bush>barry sanders... or better yet eli>peyton... one thing ive also noticed is how come this need of rings to prove validity is emphasized faaaaaaaaaaar more on black athletes then any other race? Hell pistol pete is considered one of the best a first time hof, yet avg lackluster stats, and how many rings again... yet a player like iverson...

Yes it's a racist tactic. You got me.

There are many people that think shaq is better than Kareem. If Duncan didn't have the rings then no he woukd not be the greatest power forward.

Just win baby.

Championships are not meaningless. It's why the game is played.

Yes it's a racist tactic. You got me.

There are many people that think shaq is better than Kareem. If Duncan didn't have the rings then no he woukd not be the greatest power forward.

Just win baby.

Championships are not meaningless. It's why the game is played.

Duncan gameplay makes him the superior player period..... No rings he would still be a better defender, scorer, passer, blocker, shooter then malone, barkley etc... others you may mention. Championships are not meaningless, but they dont determine a players overall talent and skilled level... Youre basically saying had the thunder won, westbrook would be the best pg in the game... ousting cp3, rose, dwill etc... Which is outright crazy..... by your standings its rondo.... then a huge drop off till cp3, dwill etc esp considering, neither have even wiffed at a finals let alone a championship. So bynum>howard is what your saying. and before last night pierce>lbj...

kids say the darnest things.... And what about shaq game, skill level makes him a better player then akeem, robinson, ewing? was it his post moves, his perimeter play, his shot, his free throws, his passing...? And btw bball isnt the only sport a single player can have a huge impact... I recall a qb by the name of brady... And lets face it what allstar/hof players did he have in those championship runs..? hell the only good wr he ever had was moss, and what line players has he had in the company of a straham, a ray lewis, a polamalu

Never said it was racist... but how many tony romo needs to win threads/hates etc are there again... hell how many espn specials etc radio/blogs are out there about any other races of athletes doing 24/7 coverage about they must win are there ....? Ill wait while you post this plethora of examples.

I heard lebron say in the post game press conference, that he did it "the right way'.. really? by selling out and going from cleveland to miami and team up with 2 other superstars? and yes, i consider bosh a superstar, cause without him, the heat would not be champions

This is a website dedicated to urban sneaker wear. You can't go by what threads are here to see who's putting pressure on an athlete.

Romo gets blasted on the regular. The media absolutley tears him apart. There will always be more threads about basketball players here. Always. Cutler is hated in Chicago for not playing injured. Payton got played until he won and even then he wasn't too great in the super bowl game.

Why do you think so many people think Brady is better than manning? Or joe is better than Brady?

Hakeem is way more skilled than shaq. But prime shaq couldn't be stopped. He was an immovable force. The rules had to be changed. I'd probably rather have the less skilled physical freak in that case. Because he clearly won more.

As for the 24/7 HE MUST WIN media angle. Thats just a product of the new age news cycle and social media. Bron was just unlucky to be the first Internet athlete. AROD was right before and he got riiiiiiiipppped apart for years and still does. I hear that he isn't a true Yankee rhetoric all the time.

Basketball players have their face everywhere. No helmets. No hats. The nba promotes superstars not teams. That's why they get all the attention.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

I heard lebron say in the post game press conference, that he did it "the right way'.. really? by selling out and going from cleveland to miami and team up with 2 other superstars? and yes, i consider bosh a superstar, cause without him, the heat would not be champions

That caught me off guard too. Maybe he meant team oriented.

This is a website dedicated to urban sneaker wear. You can't go by what threads are here to see who's putting pressure on an athlete.

Romo gets blasted on the regular. The media absolutley tears him apart. There will always be more threads about basketball players here. Always. Cutler is hated in Chicago for not playing injured. Payton got played until he won and even then he wasn't too great in the super bowl game.

Why do you think so many people think Brady is better than manning? Or joe is better than Brady?

Hakeem is way more skilled than shaq. But prime shaq couldn't be stopped. He was an immovable force. The rules had to be changed. I'd probably rather have the less skilled physical freak in that case. Because he clearly won more.

As for the 24/7 HE MUST WIN media angle. Thats just a product of the new age news cycle and social media. Bron was just unlucky to be the first Internet athlete. AROD was right before and he got riiiiiiiipppped apart for years and still does. I hear that he isn't a true Yankee rhetoric all the time.

Basketball players have their face everywhere. No helmets. No hats. The nba promotes superstars not teams. That's why they get all the attention.
Im not. im going by the world, the www... Outside of the realms of football, no one talks about romo, the need to win scrutiny isnt even in the same hemisphere as lebron.. its ppl who dont know absolutely anything about bball or even watch bball who hate, speak on lebron and his game... Matter fact before the last game this very topic was number 1 on searches in yahoo, and twitter.... and im pretty sure a vast majority of ppl who use twitter yahoo etc... arent bball fans, hell ill even go one step further dont watch lebron play or know his game on a regular and consistant basis. The closes romo been to being a general topic to the masses is when he dated jessica simpson (boy did he dodge a bullet by not knocking her up)

Impact on the game doesnt equate skill... shaq dominance in his earlier years had moreso to do with his size not his talent, or skill set... Size isnt a skill or a craft. You either born with it or not. You cant improve/work on being 7ft +...  Not saying shaq was on the level of a big country, tractor taylor, or kandi man. But like wilt his size had waaaaaaay more of a impact in his success then his actual talent and abilities to play the game.

As far as media and scrutiny, there still is a race factor involved i mean look at the steroids fiasco... Who got the worse of the media and public perception? And no way did ppl in the general public view this whole need to win to validate your own person skill level moreso then lebron... Ppl mentioned it with dirk... but wasnt anywhere the level of lebron. Or how bout nash... so on and so forth... Even when kobe went on his deserted island for a few seasons and had to lead a team (in which he failed miserably) he caught all kinda flack from ppl who couldnt even name 20 current bball players of that time. Im not trying to deter the thread but the scrutiny, ostracizing, over the top od hate etc... definitely is put on black athletes moreso then any other races... ala kobe rape case versus big bens...

It's a factor but it isn't the biggest factor. Sure it has some type of impact.

Kobe is a mega star. Ben isn't. Bonds got it way rougher than McGuire. But a huge part of that was the media HATED bonds. Way before the steroids. So they were more than happy to pounce on him. McGuire was well liked.

But favre and Arod aren't black and they were ripped to shreds for years.

It depends on the example. TO is a terrible teammate and does whacky things. That's why he gets blasted, not because he's black.

It's a factor but it isn't the biggest factor. Sure it has some type of impact.

Kobe is a mega star. Ben isn't. Bonds got it way rougher than McGuire. But a huge part of that was the media HATED bonds. Way before the steroids. So they were more than happy to pounce on him. McGuire was well liked.

But favre and Arod aren't black and they were ripped to shreds for years.

It depends on the example. TO is a terrible teammate and does whacky things. That's why he gets blasted, not because he's black.

Shaq w/o size advantage and lack of quality big men is a huge factor in his success. If shaq was to return right now... he would dominate over a good 60-70% of the nba big men today. Shaq w/o his clear cut size advantage wouldnt excel him in the league when akeem, drob, ewing etc... Hell even with his size he couldnt dominate akeem.. and most of the other big men he got the best of it was his size that was the factor (them growing weary and tired from the physical drain having to deal with his size.) It wasnt his talent that put him over the edge.. same as wilt. when it came to playing against great big men. Same as howard is now... If he was a center in the 80's-90's he would noy be a clear cut number 1/2 big man. You cant even say that he would. 

I can see if ppl say that player a>b is a better winner because of rings, but to say player a>b is a better player has more skills because of rings makes no sense. Look at earl the goat who is considered one of the best bball players... he didnt even make the league.. hell even play college bball. Kidd has a ring and i know tons of ppl who say gp>kidd.. And hell if melo game remains the same and he wins more rings then durant lebron etc... his skil set talent etc still wouldnt be better then the aforementioned players. Again westbrook has a better chance at winning rings as of now then cp3, dwill but in no fashion is he a better pg then either player.. but by this whole rings=individual talent formula many of you will have to say he is..

Back
Top Bottom