So I'm about to drop over a thousand on a website (vol. taken for a ride?)

Essentially I'm launching a production company and need a site to have a blog and showcase my media something like http://motionfamily.com/

Or Jake davis' site...

I just cant shake the feeling that I'm being held over the coals.

Websites are essential in what I'm trying to do, just don't wanna over pay.

I known I need a CMS to post content but lookin for advice. Thanks fellas

Essentially I'm launching a production company and need a site to have a blog and showcase my media something like http://motionfamily.com/

Or Jake davis' site...

I just cant shake the feeling that I'm being held over the coals.

Websites are essential in what I'm trying to do, just don't wanna over pay.

I known I need a CMS to post content but lookin for advice. Thanks fellas

A couple of thousand dollars for a well designed and developed site (built from scratch) is not too much to be quite honest. As a contract developer, I charge as much just to develop a site without a CMS.

For the type of portfolio site you're trying to implement, there are ton of ready made (blog {wordpress}, portfolio template {carbonmade}, etc) sites you can use that will provide you that type of functionality and ease of use without having to hire a designer/developer. Downside: everyone else might have a similar site.

A couple of thousand dollars for a well designed and developed site (built from scratch) is not too much to be quite honest. As a contract developer, I charge as much just to develop a site without a CMS.

For the type of portfolio site you're trying to implement, there are ton of ready made (blog {wordpress}, portfolio template {carbonmade}, etc) sites you can use that will provide you that type of functionality and ease of use without having to hire a designer/developer. Downside: everyone else might have a similar site.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Dude your bugging. i can build something like that in 1 hour for $500

1) You're not charging $500/hour.

2) And you're not doing that site in 1 hour. Though quite simple, it was plenty polished.
3) That said, OP... look around. I think you'll be able to find someone to do that site for $500 easily.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Dude your bugging. i can build something like that in 1 hour for $500

1) You're not charging $500/hour.

2) And you're not doing that site in 1 hour. Though quite simple, it was plenty polished.
3) That said, OP... look around. I think you'll be able to find someone to do that site for $500 easily.

1000 is not a lot for websites. those things can take 50+ hours of work.

1000 is not a lot for websites. those things can take 50+ hours of work.

Back
Top Bottom