So is the rumor true? You can go into a retail store and bargain? *UPDATE* ITS TRUE!

Originally Posted by goofy08

Originally Posted by LORENander

good thing i found this thread, because i was about to make one myself

what if i wanted something smaller? im trying to score a 500GB external hard drive. given its 80 bucks, is it possible to haggle down to say, 60 or 65?
laugh.gif

CoD: WaW is 35 at best buy right now supposedly. if i can get it for 25 ill heavily consider it. wishful thinking much?
im pretty sure thats wishful thinking.

in my experience, you can only bargain on bigger ticket items (ie. a tv) - usually you can get a discount and some smaller items thrown in (brd player, hdmi cables etc.)
yea dude is reaching. But when yall dudes cop t.v's if they dont knock of the price of the tv start tryna get them to give you the cables andstuff DIRT cheap. I dont care where I go because ive worked for Best Buy and Nike and I know the mark ups i almost refuse to pay retail over anything over$150. If i have to pay MSRP trust i tried to get it down and lost. But cables like the HDMI cables, the company pays like $3 for them and will easily knockthem prices down... dont be a sucker for retail... ITS A RECESSION!

Originally Posted by djaward

i went into best buy a couple of weeks ago. I wanted the samsung 52 650 model. It was on sale for 1,999.99. I told the manager that I wanted to pay 1,700.00 for the tv. He said he cant. But that he woudl give me a discount if I buy more items. IE CABLES MOUNT AND INSURANCE.. So he didnt bargain. SO I LEFT.
People always do this, and I reply I can give you a discount on your accessories .

Anytime someone asks me to take money off a computer I laugh at them. Theres NO Margin on computers. Nobody's asked me to do it on a TV yet, but I'm soused to denying people on comps I don't think I would on a TV. If 5 people are going to pay 2000 for it, why should you only pay 1800? You are not special
roll.gif

One time I had a guy who wanted me to take like 250 of a laptop, and I told him I couldnt do it, it was already 100 off. So he flashed a wad of cash in my faceand said "I'm going to Circuit City"

I don't get commission, and if I did, I'd get negative commission on that sale for selling it so cheap, IDC if you don't buy it from me
roll.gif

My father used to do that all the time in Circuit City/Best Buy. He'd buy a laptop and get a case/carrying case for free, or a tv set for $150 off, or a tvwith a free stand. They're getting more strict though.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by djaward

i went into best buy a couple of weeks ago. I wanted the samsung 52 650 model. It was on sale for 1,999.99. I told the manager that I wanted to pay 1,700.00 for the tv. He said he cant. But that he woudl give me a discount if I buy more items. IE CABLES MOUNT AND INSURANCE.. So he didnt bargain. SO I LEFT.
People always do this, and I reply I can give you a discount on your accessories .

Anytime someone asks me to take money off a computer I laugh at them. Theres NO Margin on computers. Nobody's asked me to do it on a TV yet, but I'm so used to denying people on comps I don't think I would on a TV. If 5 people are going to pay 2000 for it, why should you only pay 1800? You are not special
roll.gif

One time I had a guy who wanted me to take like 250 of a laptop, and I told him I couldnt do it, it was already 100 off. So he flashed a wad of cash in my face and said "I'm going to Circuit City"

I don't get commission, and if I did, I'd get negative commission on that sale for selling it so cheap, IDC if you don't buy it from me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at bestbuy TVs are only departmnet where you can bargin for TVs!!!

They alway can make deals!!!!! All the store in the Ghetto or poor areas you can do this!!!!

If your trying to Bargin at a rich area store theyll laugh in your face!!!!

my business teacher was telling us about this. apparently you can do this with pretty much anything but it's unlikely to work unless its one of those cashin hand situations people have been talking about

heck yea you can do this. esp. with clothes. if you find a minor flaw, take it up and see what they can do. it never hurts to ask and most of the time we wouldtake off 10%.

didnt matter if you were paying cash or not.

cars are different bc they always will go lower that sticker price.... always

for the tvs and what not they will look at what cost is for them and work accordingly. my friend got a tv 400 lower than price bc he priced matched.....

we do this all the time in the u.k. I paid below listed price on all my major household electronics (white goods), that includes my t.v, speakers, amp, fridge,dishwasher, dryer, microwave etc.

I get this everyday. People come in buying 'Power Price' TV's and want more off. People dont understand there just isnt room on these. But just theother day, i had a gentleman that wanted to buy 3 TV's, we cut him a deal, and he walked out with three 60" Pioneer Elites. Dude paid with hisTitanium Black Card, it was a wrap!

Back
Top Bottom