So let's talk about Relapse.

Originally Posted by nbamj2131

Stay wide awake
pimp.gif
Prolly my favorite song by eminem ever. Joint is just immaculate.

Seems there's a thread on this album or it being better than Recovery every month now. Seems like a lot of you guys just want to rewrite history.

Relapse is horrible. No replay value. Even if Em knows that. Recovery is better but that's not really a good Em album when you compare to his catalog.

Em aint have a good album since the Eminem Show.

Seems there's a thread on this album or it being better than Recovery every month now. Seems like a lot of you guys just want to rewrite history.

Relapse is horrible. No replay value. Even if Em knows that. Recovery is better but that's not really a good Em album when you compare to his catalog.

Em aint have a good album since the Eminem Show.

album was good

the song BEAUTIFUL is amazing!! that is My favorite song by eminem

this fan made video is good....WATCH IT!!! song is real deep...for those who can relate

album was good

the song BEAUTIFUL is amazing!! that is My favorite song by eminem

this fan made video is good....WATCH IT!!! song is real deep...for those who can relate

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

His artistry fell on a lot of deaf ears that were used to the mediocre standards of the day. Not his fault.
Mediocre to your standards.

Em (among other hip-hop torch bearers) stand out for their ability to walk the fine line between appealing to the general audience and maintaining their artistic integrity. He didn't do that on Relapse. Looking for ways to rhyme about rape fantasies in an annoying accent ain't cutting it, and he understood that - hence his album Recovery. It's what the average music listener of the day prefers to listen to, and Em wants to sell records.

Everyone knows the man can rhyme. But this is hip-hop music, not rhyming...
I respectfully disagree.

Not only has Em been talking about crazy and zany %+@+ since day 1, but for him to release an album like Recovery when he released Relapse would have been a total and utter farce about who he was as a person at that time. You have to remember he was still purging himself of drugs when he wrote Relapse, so his mind wasn't all there. He even said himself when he first stepped back in the studio with Dre, it all just came out so much that he had two albums worth of material.

That's the beautiful thing about artists like Eminem who do what the *##@ they want to do. They always come from a place of sincerity. No matter how graphic and sadistic it may seem.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

His artistry fell on a lot of deaf ears that were used to the mediocre standards of the day. Not his fault.

Em (among other hip-hop torch bearers) stand out for their ability to walk the fine line between appealing to the general audience and maintaining their artistic integrity. He didn't do that on Relapse. Looking for ways to rhyme about rape fantasies in an annoying accent ain't cutting it, and he understood that - hence his album Recovery. It's what the average music listener of the day prefers to listen to, and Em wants to sell records.

I respectfully disagree.

Not only has Em been talking about crazy and zany %+@+ since day 1, but for him to release an album like Recovery when he released Relapse would have been a total and utter farce about who he was as a person at that time. You have to remember he was still purging himself of drugs when he wrote Relapse, so his mind wasn't all there. He even said himself when he first stepped back in the studio with Dre, it all just came out so much that he had two albums worth of material.

That's the beautiful thing about artists like Eminem who do what the *##@ they want to do. They always come from a place of sincerity. No matter how graphic and sadistic it may seem.

Never understood the hate that Recovery gets. I still play it from front to back to this day. In my opinion, it's some of his best work and a classic.

TES > MMLP > Recovery.

Never understood the hate that Recovery gets. I still play it from front to back to this day. In my opinion, it's some of his best work and a classic.

TES > MMLP > Recovery.

LuketheJediKnight said:

I respectfully disagree.

Not only has Em been talking about crazy and zany #$** since day 1, but for him to release an album like Recovery when he released Relapse would have been a total and utter farce about who he was as a person at that time. You have to remember he was still purging himself of drugs when he wrote Relapse, so his mind wasn't all there. He even said himself when he first stepped back in the studio with Dre, it all just came out so much that he had two albums worth of material.

That's the beautiful thing about artists like Eminem who do what the %$*# they want to do. They always come from a place of sincerity. No matter how graphic and sadistic it may seem.
man stop defending trash... damn

LuketheJediKnight said:

I respectfully disagree.

Not only has Em been talking about crazy and zany #$** since day 1, but for him to release an album like Recovery when he released Relapse would have been a total and utter farce about who he was as a person at that time. You have to remember he was still purging himself of drugs when he wrote Relapse, so his mind wasn't all there. He even said himself when he first stepped back in the studio with Dre, it all just came out so much that he had two albums worth of material.

That's the beautiful thing about artists like Eminem who do what the %$*# they want to do. They always come from a place of sincerity. No matter how graphic and sadistic it may seem.
man stop defending trash... damn

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by 510hayward

marshall mathers lp> everything else

I think MMLP is his best lyrical album. He was straight ruthless on that joint. But Eminem show is his best album all around.
Definitely. Eminem Show combined serious Em, wacky Em, serial killer Em, and just straight pure lyrical Em all in perfect balance.
The plastic the covers Eminem Show >>>>>> Relapse & Recovery

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by 510hayward

marshall mathers lp> everything else

I think MMLP is his best lyrical album. He was straight ruthless on that joint. But Eminem show is his best album all around.
Definitely. Eminem Show combined serious Em, wacky Em, serial killer Em, and just straight pure lyrical Em all in perfect balance.
The plastic the covers Eminem Show >>>>>> Relapse & Recovery

Back
Top Bottom