So my dog ate a BAG of M&M"s

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Dog will be fine, my dover mint pincher miniature ate a hershey chocolate bar once, he was hyper for a while and chilled out.
nerd.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by AmericanDream

chocolate isn't as bad for dogs as people make it out to be, especially milk chocolate like what's found in M&M's. It's the cocoa in it that is bad for dogs, and most American candies contain a pretty small amount of it.

M!ke
yup - it's kind of a myth put out there now how bad chocolate is.. people think a drop of it is instant death for dogs, but it's not.

Milk chocolate is barely chocolate at all - so the dog is probably fine, maybe just a little upset stomach and some crapping on the floor.

Call your vet to be safe - but my dog ate a bunch of it one time, foil wrappers and all, and lived just fine to tell about it. we called the vet, she told mewhat i just told you.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

chocolate isn't as bad for dogs as people make it out to be, especially milk chocolate like what's found in M&M's. It's the cocoa in it that is bad for dogs, and most American candies contain a pretty small amount of it.

M!ke
yup - it's kind of a myth put out there now how bad chocolate is.. people think a drop of it is instant death for dogs, but it's not.

Milk chocolate is barely chocolate at all - so the dog is probably fine, maybe just a little upset stomach and some crapping on the floor.

Call your vet to be safe - but my dog ate a bunch of it one time, foil wrappers and all, and lived just fine to tell about it. we called the vet, she told me what i just told you.
o cool.....i good now.

Dont worry about it.
One of my dogs (a tiny pomeranian) smashed a whole bag of kit kat bites and nothing happened besides me being pissed.
BUT son used to eat table food all the time.
He yoinked my cousin cheeseburger once.
Maybe he developed an immunity
laugh.gif

I have a chihuahua yorkie mix, about 7 pounds and she ate a cookies and cream hershey's bar just a month ago and she was fine, ate a few other smallchocolates at various times but she turned out fine. Just watch her/him and make sure it's acting normal.

She'll be fine.
Chocolate is dangerous for canines in it's pure form.
Dog needs basically 1lb of pure cocoa per 10lb's of bodyweight for their to be a problem.

M&M's chocolate is heavily diluted. I doubt it's even 20% cocoa. Your dog will be fine.

Dog will be fine, my dover mint pincher miniature ate a hershey chocolate bar once, he was hyper for a while and chilled out.
roll.gif

I remember i got some chocolate covored macadamia nuts from hawaii, and i left to go out to dinner, got back and my puppy lab had eaten them all. She wasthrowing up and had diarrhea the entire night. It was terrible.

you should be alright. the toxic component of chocolate to dogs is theobromine. milk chocolate contains very little of actual cocoa and thus very littletheobromine. but take your dog to the vet for observation.

my rock wilder ate a whole halloween bag of reese's PB cups once but he ended up alright.

and
smh.gif
at dover mint pincher.

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Had to login and comment on this one
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
head chog revived!

Everybody coming in here telling their tales about their pups eating chocolate and everyone is sounding real smooth and calm...

Did OP call the vet yet? You best make sure and do it.

You I can't stop laughing at that.

Homeboy really spelled it out. Used 3 separate words until he got the sound he wanted....

smh.gif

You a fool.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

You I can't stop laughing at that.

Homeboy really spelled it out. Used 3 separate words until he got the sound he wanted....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom