So My PS3 Doesn't Read Blu-Ray Discs Anymore...

I put in FIFA yesterday and the things which shows a CD being read comes up and eventually goes away without my the game being read.

I tried my other PS3 games but they don't work either. However, PS1/ 2 games work and so do DVDs.

Anyone else had this happen to them? I don't think I have a warranty.

Also, it's a 80GB if it matters.

this happened to my friend, but im not sure if he can play DVDs and CDs, sony said it would cost $100 to fix

might have to send it in, the manufacturer warranty lasts one year since when u purchased it, if its been longer than that its gonna cost like 150

X Box 360 ftw.
pimp.gif
(And letit begin!)

How may I do this firmware reloading thing?

And also, I got it used from Gamestop since I wanted a Backwards compatible one, so I don't think I have any warranty.

Originally Posted by WHPH10

How may I do this firmware reloading thing?

And also, I got it used from Gamestop since I wanted a Backwards compatible one, so I don't think I have any warranty.

probably a good thing that u didnt get a warranty since u can just send it in to sony and have them replace the drive otherwise had u gotten one of thosegamestop warranties they might only be able to provide u with a non-bc 80gb (unless they actually do have some)

beware though, hopefully all they have to do is replace the bd-drive and its nothing more than that cause i have heard cases "supposedly" of peoplewho have had bc-PS3s that were beyond repairable and sony couldnt give them a bc-ps3 out of thin air

Same thing happened to mines a couple weeks ago, I didn't do anything to fix it yet though
smh.gif

That happened to my PS3, its a defect in some of the systems. I had to send it in to Sony, and they sent me back a new one. The whole process of them sendingme the shipping box, and me shipping it back to them for the new system took about 2 weeks.

"disc read error" all over again that had widely plagued the PS2.

I was waiting for when the problems for the PS3 would start popping up and sure enough...

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I was waiting for when the problems for the PS3 would start popping up and sure enough...

i never had this problem ...and it was a launch ps2 too....still working like a champ ...

disc read error was probably more wide spread, cant really be to outraged though, i wouldnt consider spending 3+ bills on a refurbished system, chances are ithad the same problem before it was refurbished

This dude will take this to his grave
roll.gif
smh.gif

I still have my first gen PS2, works like a charm. The supposedly widely plagued "disc read error" only effected like 10% of PS2. Sony has sold over100 million PS2 worldwide, so you do the math.

Ontop of that, "blu-ray drive error" only effects 1% of PS3 owners, Sony has sold 22million PS3 worldwide. Didn't you buy a 360? RRoD / Disc readerrors effects nearly 30% of owners, Microsoft has sold 28million 360's, you do the math
grin.gif

To the OP, try reformatting your HDD if see if that works, if not, Contact Sony. They will replace your BR Drive, the whole proccess is less than 2 weeks.

Move all your saved data to an external hard drive and reformat your ps3. And if that doesn't work then you have to call Sony. I had a similar problem inregards to a couple of blu rays. Reformatting fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom