So Pete Mickel isn't done talking trash (Kobe and Laker related for clicks)...........

Peep, and discuss.......

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/mickeal/2010/10/08/memo-to-lakers-its-our-gym/#comment-772

Memo to Lakers: It’s our gym
October 8, 2010 @ 1:19 pm by Pete Mickeal · Filed under ACB, Euroleague, James Worthy, Juan Carlos Navarro, Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, NBA, Phil Jackson, Regal Barcelona, Ricky Rubio, Ron Artest, Uncategorized

Hey, Ricky Rubio, now I’m the rock star!

Just joking, but it’s been a crazy day for me after playing a good game and beating the Lakers last night. Lots of phone calls answered and autographs signed.

You know, the funny thing is, my friends in the States and my family got to watch the game on ESPN2 and now everybody is calling. I’ve been getting calls from Korea, from the Philippines, Greece, the States… Everywhere. They are all congratulating me about the game. Everybody watched the game live, which is great. Having my people watching me play live was the best feeling.

But for me, this was just a game, a competitive one. Us winning this exhibition game was not the greatest feeling. What I liked is the chance to play against some of the best players in the world. Getting the chance to guard players one-on-one and stopping their drives every chance I could. That’s the biggest challenge. I was able to take the job against Kobe. I took it pretty personal.

OK, it was a good performance and the U.S. media got the chance to see me play. I’m American, so it was a great experience to play against an NBA team.

I got the chance to speak with legend James Worthy during the game. When I was shooting a free throw, he told me “Hey, I read your HoopsHype blog, and I like it

they can definitely compete with a good amount of NBA teams. he's right about that.

before the game, no one knew Pete Mickeal was. those that did were probably wondering if he still existed. oh yeah, and almost no one over here watched that game from beginning to end. nice to have your 15 min of fame, if you want to even call it that.

remember when that UNLV dude, Romel Beck, crossed up Kobe in one of those Olympic/pre-olympic games? everyone scrub will have their career highlight/peak against the mamba. at least kobe was in game shape at that time.
laugh.gif

funny, ho he talks like it was a real competitive game, when it was just a pre season game. kobe wasnt even 100%, if the lakers were in mid season form fc barcelona, this would've been a different game and pete mikeal would even open his mouth

Someone forgot to tell him that even though this was the biggest game of his life, it was a BS preseason game for the Lakers.
laugh.gif
dudes acting like he just won a gold medal or smthin

Back
Top Bottom