So, we're back at war in Iraq/Syria. Still think we should have pulled out of Iraq?

Also... A real Video of us trying to train...

roll.gif

That can't be real life. 

One cat look like a extra from a really low budget early 80's break dancing flick.

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ach-with-kurds-across-the-region-9780941.html

The likely fall of Kobani may mark an irrevocable breach between Turks and Kurds in Turkey, Syria and Iraq. Many of the 30 million Kurds in the region believe that, if Kobani falls, it will be because Turkey refused to help its defenders as they faced repeated Isis assaults and cut them off from reinforcements and fresh supplies of weapons and ammunition. “We are besieged by Turkey, it is not something new,” said Ismet Sheikh Hassan, the Kurdish Defence Chief for the Kobani region.

*Kobani, the city currently under siege by ISIS, is a border town between Syria and Turkey. As they're getting shelled by the Islamists, the Turkish forces are watching idle, from the other side of the border.

The capture of Kobani by Isis may be a turning point in the present crisis in Iraq and Syria because it marks the failure of the US plan to contain Isis using air power alone. President Obama promised less than a month ago “to degrade and destroy” the fundamentalists with air power, but Isis is still expanding and winning victories.

Looks like the airstrikes are not enough, and nobody outside of the West cares much about ISIS expansion.

Given that Turkey is willing to watch the areas under Kurdish control fall, it would be interesting to see whether ISIS will actually stop at the Turkish border. After all, they freed 49 Turkish hostages 3 weeks ago (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/20/isis-releases-hostages-turkish-consulate-mosul) and they're weakening the Kurdish and Syrian governmental forces, which is a positive for Istanbul Ankara.

Last edited:
"Black soldiers are a particular target. 'To have Negroes occupying us is a particular humiliation,' Abu Mujahed said, echoing the profound racism prevalent in much of the Middle East. 'Sometimes we aborted a mission because there were no Negroes"

From the guardian when they were reporting on iraqi resistance

So i doubt anything comes from it. Unless isis is more "progressive" lol

Iran is washing ISIS in Iraq and not a peep from our media. Like I previously stated in another thread, Iran can wipe out ISIS in weeks if given the opportunity.

Iran came up at the hearing 67 times, nearly as much as Iraq (79) and more than Syria (44).

The hearing carried echoes of similar ones more than a decade ago that portrayed Iraq as a threat worth going to war to stop. “I think they have the same suspicion about us that we have of them,” Dempsey said of his Iranian counterparts.

Republican lawmakers pointedly asked the trio if the Obama Administration was averting its eyes from Iran’s growing presence in Iraq in hopes of greasing the skids for a nuclear deal with Tehran. “I believe that much of our strategy with regards to ISIS is being driven by a desire not to upset Iran so that they don’t walk away from the negotiating table on the deal that you’re working on,” Republican Senator Marco Rubio of Florida said.

“Absolutely not in the least,” Kerry countered.

But as the hearing droned on, Iraq was succeeding in pushing ISIS fighters out of Tikrit after a 10-day battle. While Baghdad did it with no American help, it had substantial aid from neighboring Iran.

Dempsey detailed just how extensive Iran’s help was in the battle for Tikrit: 20,000 of the 24,000 troops fighting ISIS in and around the city, or more than 80%, were “Iranian trained and somewhat Iranian equipped” Shi‘ite militia.

Tikrit carries a key lesson: Iraq can beat ISIS without U.S. assistance, so long as it has Iran by its side. “If it’s Iran that is at the tip of the spear here, if they’re the ones sponsoring the victories … they’re going to have influence in Iraq,” Republican Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin said. “That’s going to be very, very difficult, very tenuous, very dangerous for the regional peace.”

http://time.com/3741427/isis-iran-iraq-tikrit/

Look at the U.S. gov't being jelly. It's dangerous because people in the region are taking care of their own? FOH.

Last edited:
US Govt jelly of Iran? :rofl:

Yeah because the 2000 bombs dropped on ISIL by US warplanes the last few months wasn't essential to the victories at the Mosul Dam, Amirli, and Beiji. :rolleyes

months now and whats good? {

all i ever see is CNN getting into territories and doing specials with the locals and understandimg Isis business, but nothing has happened.

Iran isn't exactly killing ISIS out of the good of their heart. they are attempting to gain even more influence over the middle east than they already have. they are even gaining influence in latin amerIca.

Plus using this as a negotiating tactic in the nuclear deal. Since obama is either naive or implicit, it seems to be working. I think big businesses want to be able to sell to irans people withoit the restrictions and coildmt care less about the consequences

They comtinue to sponsor terrorism and proxy wars all over the globe.

Entire middle esst will be in arms race. Guess we will see what shakes out.

Last edited:
US Govt jelly of Iran? :rofl:

Yeah because the 2000 bombs dropped on ISIL by US warplanes the last few months wasn't essential to the victories at the Mosul Dam, Amirli, and Beiji. :rolleyes

Yup, because dropping bombs is strategic long term, right?

Iran isn't exactly killing ISIS out of the good of their heart. they are attempting to gain even more influence over the middle east than they already have. they are even gaining influence in latin amerIca.

Plus using this as a negotiating tactic in the nuclear deal. Since obama is either naive or implicit, it seems to be working. I think big businesses want to be able to sell to irans people withoit the restrictions and coildmt care less about the consequences

They comtinue to sponsor terrorism and proxy wars all over the globe.

Entire middle esst will be in arms race. Guess we will see what shakes out.

Actually, the U.S. and Iran want to rid ISIS in that region for the same damn reason. They both want influence in the region. The U.S. calls Iran a "terrorist state" the same way Iran call the U.S. and Israel State a "terrorist state". I dont care about semantics. Everything you accuse Iran of, the U.S. does the same thing. The U.S. and the Zionists have been saying Iran is "months away" from a nuclear bomb for 20 years already.

The US had influence already. why pull out of iraq and start pulling out of Afghanistan if all you want is continued influnce.

I haven't heard how america truly benefits from a deal. I hear about israel and republicans and obamas legacy and senators being traitors etc. Dont hear much about how it benefits america. Iran needs a deal much more than we do.

Yes in aware of the other countries involved In the talks

Last edited:
Yep, that's what the final outcome is going to have to be. Eventually, we'll have to wipe them out bc they don't plan on stopping their expansion.
Well their about to lose Mosul soon so I see them reacting badly in the defensive front. I think their momentum is slipping when it comes to moving towards Baghdad.

I'm all for this leading to a deal if it means getting off the warpath against Iran 
pimp.gif
. The deal isn't bad either since it sets limits on Irans uranium enrichment over the next decade.

Last edited:
Quite an accomplishment considering just a few years ago Bush told us how Iran was part of the Axis of Evil. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom