So What Exactly Do I Do With The Thousands Of Basketball Cards I Have Now?

Man these damn things are like Beanie Babies. They told me that they would be worth some $ in the future. Now they are just sitting in my closet. Did we get lied to?
laugh.gif

Go through em all, take out any you want to keep, then place ad on craigslist saying "10,000 basketball cards for sale for $10, pick up required" and you are done.

I just hold on to them. Have them all in the plastic pages locked up in storage with other *#*% I don't need in the house.

It's going to hold worth. I'd be willing to bet that in 10-20 years, it'll be worth your while having them. I know all that mess with Upper Deck is going on right now, but I think that's just going to pass.

I ditched the ones I don't care about & just kept my favorites. I bought these things non stop when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by doyung9

It's going to hold worth. I'd be willing to bet that in 10-20 years, it'll be worth your while having them. I know all that mess with Upper Deck is going on right now, but I think that's just going to pass.

this.

if they're not taking up any space, i'd hold on to them

Sell them.

Maybe you'll get enough to treat a nice young lady to dinner at IHOP.

Yeah we all saw how much cards were worth when our parents still had them around so all of our generation collected. Market saturated, prices will never soar like they did again. Just keep for memories but it will be 50 years before their worth real good money

I wonder the same thing. I have tons of 'em, and thought I'd be able to buy a yacht with 'em when I was younger, FML....
laugh.gif

I got a Brian Cardinal Rookie card bro you can cop.. $25 paypal .. Got a Eric Montross too bro..
nerd.gif

But, really how come I only get these non-existent players when I open up a deck.. My best has to be My Alonzo Mourning Jordan flight club team card

Ive been wondering the same thing about all my cards too. I also have almost a complete collection of NBA starting line-up figures unopened. (Some are autographed by the players themselves. Check out this link of some of my other memorabilia. http://niketalk.com/topic/153886

Wonder if I can sell any of this stuff.
eyes.gif

i remember runnin to the K&B to check Beckett magazine....i got some nice ones too hadnt thought about em in years

Nice! Skybox was real nice. The Upper Deck of basketball :lol:

Hilarious article with some good memories for my generation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom