So what's next for hip hop?

I do agree, there hasn't been a general conciseness of a great album in a long time. not a single artist has made an album that everybody can get down with.

honestly the last album that had that sort of impact was good kid maad city. after that there hasn't been an album that has really been the the standard of the year or the album to beat, if that makes sense.

I will say we have seen the birth of some dudes with potential, chance for example can really do some damage if he moves in the right direction.
You clearly never heard of this

7AYhKLK.jpg

I do agree, there hasn't been a general conciseness of a great album in a long time. not a single artist has made an album that everybody can get down with.

honestly the last album that had that sort of impact was good kid maad city. after that there hasn't been an album that has really been the the standard of the year or the album to beat, if that makes sense.

I will say we have seen the birth of some dudes with potential, chance for example can really do some damage if he moves in the right direction.
You clearly never heard of this

7AYhKLK.jpg
:pimp: :pimp:

Hes the reason everybody been singing on there hooks

What one Earth does that have to do with lyrical substance? I hear cats singing that Lifestyle hook often, and I'm positive they don't even know half the **** he's saying. **** can sound catchy and not mean a thing.

"I should probably sign to Hitboy, cause I got all the hits boy..."

Incredible.

I will say that bucks, billy, goats line was clever. But it takes much more that one hot line every 30 songs to be considered substantive lyrical rapper, in my book.

Last edited:
What one Earth does that have to do with lyrical substance? I hear cats singing that Lifestyle hook often, and I'm positive they don't even know half the **** he's saying. **** can sound catchy and not mean a thing.

"I should probably sign to Hitboy, cause I got all the hits boy..."

Incredible.

I will say that bucks, billy, goats line was clever. But it takes much more that one hot line every 30 songs to be considered substantive lyrical rapper, in my book.

:smh: so punchlines make you "lyrical" :lol:

:smh:

I'm not even a big drake fan, I enjoyed his albums and mixtapes, but really? This is the best you could do?

Anyways, hip hop is pretty experimental right now. Theres a lot of garbage, but theres also good stuff coming out with the newer generation of rappers. Different sounds, breaking the mold, experimenting, etc... Pretty interesting imo and I enjoy it.

Theres many sub-genres of hip hop, its a great thing.

Remember I said I agree with you. Outside of those he's trash. So yes, to come to his defense, those were the best I could do because they are his best songs, and 3 of them aren't his.

That's cause he completely missed your point. 
laugh.gif
i got his point its just while thats what he likes about hip hop nowadays thats exactly what i think is wrong with it.  and there has always been a wide variety of different types of hip hop artists that rap about different things.  they just actually had to be good.  nowadays anything catchy will fly.  

Death Grips fans might like clipping. They dropped an album somewhat recently.
Shabazz Palaces are dope too.

Last edited:

That's cause he completely missed your point. 
laugh.gif
i got his point its just while thats what he likes about hip hop nowadays thats exactly what i think is wrong with it.  and there has always been a wide variety of different types of hip hop artists that rap about different things.  they just actually had to be good.  nowadays anything catchy will fly.  
I never said I liked it or disliked it, I just said that if there's nothing you like in hip hop right now, you've probably outgrown the genre. Because due to the internet and artists no longer needing a label to be successful, there is literally an artist for every type of fan, from Roc Marciano to Big KRIT to Drake to Migos to Young Thug to Joey Badass to Dom Kennedy to Currensy, etc. etc.

But I hope for 2015 rappers learn how to make hits again without having to "sing".

Ironic the dude who started the current iteration of the trend had a hit over the summer with a boom bap beat and no real melody.

I like the direction hip-hop is moving in ...black college enrollment has increased by 28%, 18% of the black population holds a bachelor degree or higher, 1.6 million blacks hold advanced degrees, 66% of blacks voted in the last election. 

Last edited:

I like the direction hip-hop is moving in ...black college enrollment has increased by 28%, 18% of the black population holds a bachelor degree or higher, 1.6 million blacks hold advanced degrees, 66% of blacks voted in the last election. 
What did this post say before you edited it 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom