So, who else is fascinated by the Deep Sea?

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Has anyone heard of the Bloop?

Hell yes!! I'll add this to the OG post. For those who haven't...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop 

The sound, traced to somewhere around 50 degrees south, 100 degrees west (a remote point in the south Pacific Ocean west of the southern tip of South America), was detected several times by the Equatoral Pacific Ocean Autonomous Hydrophone Array which uses U.S. Navy equipment originally designed to detect Soviet submarines.

According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." The NOAA's Dr. Christopher Fox does not believe its origin is man-made, such as a submarine or bomb, or familiar geological events such as volcanoes or earthquakes. While the audio profile of the Bloop does resemble that of a living creature, the source is a mystery both because it is different from known sounds and because it was several times louder than the loudest known animal, the blue whale.

Dr. Christopher Fox of the NOAA speculated that the Bloop may be ice calving in Antartica. A year later Dr. Fox was paraphrased speculating it was likely animal in origin.

And Firepower awesome doc., ill be watching that one for sure. 

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by toine2983

See...

When you see some +*@@$+ up !!@+ like that, why in the hell wouldn't there be some sort of living blob or something floating around in space...

That !!@+ is crazy.
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

I originally didn't click the video until I saw your post. Thank god I did. That thing just disappeared outta nowhere
eek.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by taymane23

I used to be when I was younger but now ehhhhhhhh I'm str8 a lot of those fish aren't bigger than your hand they just look menacing

this plus that megalodon aint real... at that depth how would it eat enough to sustain life... if great whites r a ton then that things at leas 2.5 tons... thats alottttta giant squids it must eat a day

b/c great whites eat seals like candy bars for the fat content needed for them to survive...

i dunno i need more convincing material than a tooth
laugh.gif
Why do you think they went extinct? And, just because it's bigger doesn't necessarily means it required an outrageous amount of food. Great whites expend much more energy than the average creature of the deep sea. Deep sea creatures can literally just coast in water for days on end with no need to move. They don't eat a lot because the don't use a lot of energy.

Not saying that they didn't need a lot of food, but to say that they couldn't have possibly eaten enough to survive is just terrible logic. Plus, who knows what animal they might have hunted to extinction?
 The water pressure is enormous down there hence the size of the creatures. I believe the chimera, some sort of shark {I forgot its name}, and the gulper eel are some of the larger animals down there besides the giant and colossal squids. plus the fish in the twilight and continental slope regions don't use energy hunting so they can go weeks without eating since food is so scarce apparently, but really though who knows whats down there one of my uncle's navy homies said that its on record that something came out the depths and ripped a battleship to pieces so you never know.

Seriously though, here we are so desperately trying to look for life outside of our planet and we havent even invested half as much effort into discovering whats hidden DEEEEP down there...

sick.gif
Deep bodies of water are pretty much the only thing that actually scare me

I was snorkeling off a coral reef one time, down by the Florida Keys, and let myself drift out to deeper water just to get a chance to stretch my legs. At this point Im over water deep enough to where your cant see whats under you, its just dark. All of a sudden I feel something push against my side and push me 3-4 feet, and by the time I turned my head to see what the #!@+ it was it was gone. Never been so *+%%#%@ scared in my life, still makes me feel sick when I think of it.

yea who knows how deep the ocean really is...there might be another realm down there...

DEEP SEA/SPACE >>>>>> DEEP VAG...

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Yes, great thread OP.

The Blue Planet episode "The Deep" is my favourite documentary ever.
It covers all of the creatures OP posted (unfortunately Part 2 has been taken down by youtube.)

Part1

Part3

Part4

Part5
Just finished watching the documentary on Netflix (i found it on there), dope. Thanks for putting me on to that!! The electroreceptive fish down there are crazyyyy....especially the shrimp that actually shoots
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Just finished watching the documentary on Netflix (i found it on there), dope. Thanks for putting me on to that!! The electroreceptive fish down there are crazyyyy....especially the shrimp that actually shoots
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
No probs bro, glad you found it -the whole series is a fascinating watch, but the deep episode is definitely the best one.

In my opinion, the very waters that engulf our Earth is just as mysterious as the universe that surrounds it.

Who knows what's down there? There could be a whole civilization down there for all we know... I'd love to see the things that are hidden down there.

thats crazy... but I'm more into deep space than deep sea....

good thread OP

"The Abyss" is all I could think about going through this thread. Good flick. Ya'll ever think about the whole "hollow earth" theory? Imagine what could exist within the earth if true to a certain extent.

Back
Top Bottom