** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet - 2010 **

here are some pics of the new barca shirt that a qatari news website says have been 'circulating on the internet'. i'll do some more circulating....

209369a56c7d482713e49eef2170dd609df268db_r.jpg

1d3268f6d145415d95b2bbd0062646ab4e97f420_r.jpg

the logo on the home blaugrana shirt doesn't look too bad. however, the logo on the away strip is too complicated. i see a tree, not anything to do with the qatar federation. we'll see how this pans out, but nothing will ever beat the simple unicef logo that's worn currently.... pure class.

^They both look photoshopped.

They should just add a Qatar Foundation logo or badge to the arm instead of ruining the jersey.

Originally Posted by arsenalGUNNER1

^They both look photoshopped.

They should just add a Qatar Foundation logo or badge to the arm instead of ruining the jersey.

agreed

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Those are for American football, so they have a toe stud and probably a more bulky upper than the F50 adizero. Also the tongue/laces look cheap.

If you're still interested, they're releasing in May and are called the adizero 5-Star

damn. I am not about to pay adi ID prices just to make that colorway either. oh well I will just pick up the orange ones when they hit in leather.

Wow, this thread has really picked-up... well done guys.

Those silver/orange F50's are pretty nice... Adi taking a page out of Nike's WC campaign?

I don't know if anyone posted this but this is the diagram for the adi-zero prime

534842956219235047a35-540x319.jpg

The numbers are prices not sure if its EUR or USD im thinking USD. 

But personally i think adidas is tarnishing the adizero with the prime.  I made the switch because it was soooo much cheaper then the superfly.  Now your trying to compete with it directly.  Why not just keep saying your top of the line cleat is 200 dollars cheaper then nike's top of the line cleat?  I think this is a bad move

BTW Robinho making the switch ut oh nike

SB_5F00_bootspotting_5F00_Robinho.jpg
dec_5F00_bootspot_5F005F00_1312_5F00_robi_5F00_clos.jpg

jack wilshere changed out of the maestri IIs at the half and back into the blue 'original' maestri's.... i'm guessing he wanted an SG soleplate (which rooney and others are wearing on the old trafford pitch), and nike doesn't have an SG soleplate for the maestri II's yet.

first half....
98616b614c1b9f20d0c3c874ffe2478537c5d3d6_r.jpg

i'll post a picture from the second half as soon as i find one.

EDIT

SG in the second half
9ba26f463b42016893d282d0f32feb2bd2f02f2b_r.jpg

I think Robinho is just bluffing a little bit. Trying to show that he isn't afraid to sign with another company and wear their boots. It looks like he chose to black out the "Watermelon" F50, which seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through considering the black/yellow WC colorway would have been much easier to black out (only the three stripes and tongue/medial heel logo).

I'm also wondering if when a player is in "sponsorship free agency" the boots he gets from competing companies are custom fitted to their foot. In other words: We know Nike has a mold of Robinho's foot, but I'm curious if the F50 he was wearing were also made by adidas with a custom mold of their own. I'd guess not considering how quickly he made the switch--I assume that getting a mold and producing a boot would take more than a few days--and also because adidas could probably have factory blacked-out the boots for him.

Also, the Maestri II looks much, much better on foot than in any of the stock photos I've seen so far. I hope they crease normally across the toes despite their lack of a clear flex point, and that Nike releases another colorway that uses less-bright colors. I'm not a fan of the current red/white/black, or the upcoming white/blue/black and white/yellow/black colorways

EDIT: More pics of upcoming adidas boots thanks to NIKE-PRO at BigSoccer!

F50 adizero Prime colorways
7012ec085aa6cfb488cc01c.jpg

7cd04fe4a508d6439c343d6.jpg

e78369bc7cfd335806bd577.jpg

non-Prime soleplate
437b1385834def0ebf1148b.jpg

adipure SL
8847e4c08a6f2f340993360.jpg

Here are the differences between the Prime and non-Prime F50 that I can notice:

-the soleplate and upper of the Prime is textured whereas the non-Prime is perfectly smooth like the current F50

-on the Prime there is no plastic supporting around the eyelets or wrapping around the base of the upper

-on the Prime I see no impression left by the internal ribbing structure found on its non-Prime counterpart

Could the removal of several plastic pieces be the difference (20g) in weight between the Prime and non-Prime?

Also, I think the adipure SL looks much, much nicer. The upper's shape is nice (it's not as blocky), and the non-blade studs make it look like much more of a heritage/touch boot. Although I have heard that the studs on the Sprintframe soleplate are liable to fall off, which is a definite con.

^the F50 primes could be a definite game changer. imo, the biggest thing that the 'speed' boots have been omitting is an upper that provides some sort of control/swerve. although it's not dampening pods or swerve fins, the texture on the prime upper is HUGE. heck, adidas could throw on the jabulani's 'grip n groove' and do a great job. for nike's sake, they better be doing their homework. this re-heated competition could be really interesting to watch.

the one element i don't understand with the adidas boots is why the heel tabs are so high.... seems like the only purpose that serves is to make it easier to put the boot on and makes it harder for the boot to come off if you're stepped on, but at the same time i don't see how that doesn't chafe your achillies if you're not wearing double socks.

as for robinho, i hope he goes through a 'kobe phase' and wears different kicks for every match during his 'free agency.' i love ronaldinho, but his biggest contribution to the rossoneri's season could be to influence robinho to wear some OG shoes like he did himself in this year's preseason match at camp nou.

my suggestion?
picture192mq6.jpg

I don't really understand the "thumb heel" either. I haven't tried on an F50 myself, but surely they're not that hard to get into. If Robinho wore those old Vapors it would be amazing, but I don't see it happening.

Found these while perusing the PDS database. They're two new Mercurial colorways that feature unusual fades on the instep. I think it works alright on the black pair, but the purple on the white/blue pair kills it:

pds002009d66.jpg

medial view
sfb1.jpg

could only find an image of the Vapor VI
pds002009d80.jpg

medial view
mv6w2.jpg

those Kings are beautiful.

as for the gradient mercurials, if they added that option on ID i would totaly buy a pair. been wanting to try this years mercurials for the longest but I can't just go drop 200-300 on boots with as little as I play anymore. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my T90's, but the mercurials just seema tad more wide this year then the past couple iterations and that peaked my interest. that and I love zoom.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Fabregas in his custom sole plate Maestri II's

Dec_5F00_fabregas_5F00_main.jpg
Dec_5F00_fabregas_5F00_top.jpg

good find. looks exactly like the hybrid (meaning blade/conical, not metal/molded) plate that was on the older FG versions of the laser II. i hated that plate because i always felt that it didn't let you make sharp lateral cuts compared to the intertract plate, but the conical studs are a lot easier on your ankles/knees.

here's an article from 2005 where sir alex calls for blades to be banned haha: http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo...ms/m/man_utd/4277722.stm

and a pic of the hybrid soleplate (i was hoping that nike killed it, apparently not)....
47a36cfb66104b1f1b099e1423acd25a38de44c4_r.gif

I'm a conical stud man myself, but I don't understand why Alex Ferguson hates blades so much. He says they have pictures of kids with face injuries because of being hit with blades, but he has all his players wear SG plates and I'd have to imagine getting a metal stud to the face or foot would leave a mark as well.

more images of upcoming models/colorways thanks to NIKE-PRO

1344887.jpg

1344878.jpg

1344874.jpg

I hate that Barcelona had sponsorships on their strip. It kept them so classy and so unique - keeping the Catalan way.. tsk tsk.

Those 05-06 jerseys in which they won La Liga and the CL in Paris = best Barca jersey.

Seeing as how this has pretty much become the Soccer thread.  These definitely have caught my interest. Worn by Pachuca's Braulio Luna.  Not sure who he is but apparently he used to wear UA Create's so an underarmour guy

Dec_5F00_underarmour_5F00_main.jpg
Dec_5F00_underarmour_5F00_pi1.jpg

Dec_5F00_underarmour_5F00_pi2.jpg

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

They look like the same Under Armour cleats the Santa Clara University team has been wearing all season:
ua4.png
Dam Oregon ducks colorway lol

Looks great.  Def looks like a vapor material.  UnderArmour should put them out with Carbon Fiber sole plate and as light as SuperFly's for around $200 USD. 

UA- hitting it hard w/ all the major sports. Nice to see another brand to challenge the Big 2.

Agreed. I actually thought the Dominate Pro and Create Pro II were solid first efforts. Word is that the pictured Under Armour boots are weighing in somewhere over 9 oz.

Here's two new F50 II colorways I stumbled upon:

p1110258.jpg

p11102461.jpg

p11102511.jpg

Wow really 9 OZ?

I know it sounds dumb but they are going to have to bring that down to compete in the speed boot category. Not that there is really that big of a difference between 7 and 9 ounces. But the market dictates light boots.

The more i see of the new Adizero F50 II's the more I like the Adizero I's. Not feeling the keyboard down the toe.

Back
Top Bottom