** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

no. the olympics aren't a FIFA-sanctioned tournament. the olympic committee doesn't let olympic soccer teams wear kits with the badges of the national federation (which is why the US soccer badge isn't on the womens' kit).... most countries are simply wearing the same kit with a different badge (brazil, uruguay), while others have completely different kits. the french women (a nike country) are wearing adidas kits.

no. the olympics aren't a FIFA-sanctioned tournament. the olympic committee doesn't let olympic soccer teams wear kits with the badges of the national federation (which is why the US soccer badge isn't on the womens' kit).... most countries are simply wearing the same kit with a different badge (brazil, uruguay), while others have completely different kits. the french women (a nike country) are wearing adidas kits.

Those teams are wearing the outfitter of their Olympic team.

I was wondering the same thing about the Olympic kits and why the team crests weren't on there. Thanks for the info. I know those mexico jerseys are on WSS, but does anyone know if any places are selling the Brasil Olympic kits?

i'm not sure how the licensing would work, so i kinda doubt it - although if brasil win gold (which looks like a great possibility), i wouldn't be shocked if nike issues a limited number of commerative neymar olympic shirts. i'm not a huge neymar fan, but the kid put on a masterclass in the last match. nike has to be loving the exposure he's getting.

I'm not going to argue with you because I don't know the details, but there has been a FIFA sign above the city name at midfield for every Olympic soccer game I have watched.

now i'm confused man; i saw the banner too.... but i watched volleyball, and there was a FIVB sign there, and i know FINA plays a role in the swimming events. what i figure is that the matches are played under FIFA LOTG with FIFA officials, so that's the reason for the banner.

however, a couple of things don't seem to mesh....

(1) i'm trying to figure out why FIFA suspended the chick who elbowed abby wambach, and that suspension is effective for the olympics. i would have thought that FIFA could only suspend her for a future FIFA match (friendly, etc), but the IOC would have to suspend her for an olympics match. i'm guessing that on-field discipline is handled by FIFA because the FIFA official is the one who submits the match report under LOTG - however, the ref apparently didn't see the elbow, so it couldn't have been in her report.

(2) these matches don't count as caps for the players, right? it makes some sense (in my mind) that these are caps for the us women's players, but if you think about team GB it makes no sense.

FIFA still controls the teams to some extent otherwise, you wouldn't have the age restrictions. I don't know the details though.

uniwatch had a really interesting piece about how nike has the special factory in montebelluna italy where they make all the custom boots for the pros (in this case, the nike GS). they have molds of the players' feet there and even massage the boots by hand! here's a few pics and links to the story and other articles....

i would do anything for one of those polos lol

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/08/01/the-making-of-an-olympic-soccer-boot/
http://www.kckrs.com/inside-nikes-montebelluna-factory/

Is there a particular way the Nike 2012/2013 Jerseys should be washed? There is a little brown spot no bigger than a freckle on one of the white squares of my croatia jersey I just got and would like to remove it.

Is there a particular way the Nike 2012/2013 Jerseys should be washed? There is a little brown spot no bigger than a freckle on one of the white squares of my croatia jersey I just got and would like to remove it.
I just wash all my jerseys inside out, on cold, on hand wash setting.

After much deliberation and back and forth.....going with Vapor 8s. Order has been placed for Seaweed's

I tried on an 11 in-store and they were a tad big and i was wearing thick socks. So i went with a 10.5....which i Might regret but rather have them fit tight then be too big honestly. I will just wear one pair of socks. Which means i will have to probably buy some new socks. We don't have team socks just black shorts black socks.

Any recommendation on good soccer socks? Was just gonna grab generic nike park socks i think

After much deliberation and back and forth.....going with Vapor 8s. Order has been placed for Seaweed's
I tried on an 11 in-store and they were a tad big and i was wearing thick socks. So i went with a 10.5....which i Might regret but rather have them fit tight then be too big honestly. I will just wear one pair of socks. Which means i will have to probably buy some new socks. We don't have team socks just black shorts black socks.
Any recommendation on good soccer socks? Was just gonna grab generic nike park socks i think

go with the nike classic sock.... idk if it's just me, but i 'burn' through socks pretty quickly so it's worth spending a little more and getting a better built sock. i believe the nike park sock was our team sock a couple of years ago, and i'm pretty sure mine had holes in them after 2 or 3 games.

as an aside - did anyone know that golTV is essentially over in the US? apparently beIN sport (a network owned by al jazeera) now has the rights to la liga, serie A, and ligue 1 in the US. ray hudson has already left golTV, so i'm hoping directv and other providers pick up beIN. people knew about this in may; i can't believe i hadn't heard about it before today.

http://www.epltalk.com/bein-sport-to-launch-2-new-soccer-channels-this-august-in-usa-42889

For socks I went with the Adidas Formotion Extreme Sock. They go for $18.00 on amazon. Sock fits tight to your legs and keeps shinguard's in place. I like them they're comfortable, material is nice and have a nice fit.

Do you guys wear compression shorts/shirts? Been looking to buy some but not sure if they are worth it. Any suggestions?

For socks I went with the Adidas Formotion Extreme Sock. They go for $18.00 on amazon. Sock fits tight to your legs and keeps shinguard's in place. I like them they're comfortable, material is nice and have a nice fit.
Do you guys wear compression shorts/shirts? Been looking to buy some but not sure if they are worth it. Any suggestions?

are the formotion socks durable? i'm kinda scared to pay $18 for socks that only last a few games.

i do wear the nike pro combat padded compression shorts. i had thought for the longest time that only "soft" players wear padded shorts, but the fact is that i was missing too much time doing legwork in the gym because i take so many knocks to my quads. i gave in, and i love the shorts. i got the ones made for basketball (they run about a size larger than other nike compression shorts). i didn't want to get the football ones because nike puts a hard plastic shell on the padding of those.

i have a couple pairs of the vapor compression shirts - i hate wearing normal compression shorts because they'll always ride up my stomach during games so i'll have to constantly tuck them back in, but the vapor top has a really cool grippy band on the bottom of the shirt that keeps it in place.

also - if you're worried about your shinguards moving around, i highly recommend the basic guard sleeves that soccer.com sells. nike makes fancier ones, but the basic sleeves are better.

Just found out the Nike GS will be Swoosh discounted!
Nike told me only 8,9,10,11 will be available only.

So with a $365 retail, swoosh takes it down to $250? What does swoosh reduce the price to? The price with discount will still be ridiculous.

Just found out the Nike GS will be Swoosh discounted!
Nike told me only 8,9,10,11 will be available only.

heads up that the NDC promo code VICTORIOUS also works on swoosh for an additional 20% off on clearance items! i'll be looking for steals for the next couple hours....

Back
Top Bottom