Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2015

Just got my Magista AGs in. Just tried them on, haven't run with them yet, but my goodness do they feel great. I'm really liking the 'no tongue' feel.

Will update after I try them out on the field.

Shoutout to @Jking0821  for the advice!

Last edited:
I see a lot of players cutting off the dynamic collar. For those who have a boot with it, is the collar annoying?

Just got my Magista AGs in. Just tried them on, haven't run with them yet, but my goodness do they feel great. I'm really liking the 'no tongue' feel.
Waiting for my MagistaX Proximo TF to come in 
smokin.gif

I see a lot of players cutting off the dynamic collar. For those who have a boot with it, is the collar annoying?

I wouldn't call it "annoying" but if there was a flyknit upper option with a Low Collar or Regular Collar i would take the low collar all day. I really like the flyknit so i wouldnt' go Vapor over Superfly if money isn't a concern. But the collar isn't really helpful or hurtful. But due to just being used to a low cut shoe my whole life...id prefer a low collar.

Which is what intrigued me about the adidas X. But the X is just a collar sewn into the shoe. It isn't an inner booty like i thought it would be.

Not at all. I prefer it. The fact that it keeps turf pellets 100% out of your boot is worth it alone.

And maybe JKing disagrees but the collar definitely "locks" your foot in place within the boot. By no means does it provide ankle support, but it does do more to keep the boot from moving without your foot compared to a traditional no collar boot, even if that's not really a concern if you're wearing the correct size regardless of collar vs no collar.

Last edited:
Not at all. I prefer it. The fact that it keeps turf pellets 100% out of your boot is worth it alone.

And maybe JKing disagrees but the collar definitely "locks" your foot in place within the boot. By no means does it provide ankle support, but it does do more to keep the boot from moving without your foot compared to a traditional no collar boot, even if that's not really a concern if you're wearing the correct size regardless of collar vs no collar.

I wouldn't say it's worth it to keep the pellets out.

But I like how light the obra is vs the opus, and they feel amazing on your feet. touch is incredible. I would take obra > opus all day, I don't even notice the collar

Last edited:
Quick performance review on my Magista Obra AGs:

Fit was out of this world. The dynamic collar, and tongueless feel was nothing that I've ever experienced before and it simply felt amazing. It really felt like I was wearing socks with a cleat plate attached to the bottom of it. 

The boot is a bit difficult to put on at first, all you really have to do is loosen the laces all the way to the bottom. 

The dynamic collar didn't bother me, and I actually like the way it hugged the bottom of my foot/leg. It definitely kept the turf pellets out of my shoes, a definite plus in my books.

Fit is TTS.

Again, I used these for football, so I can't comment on ball feel, etc.

I really felt the responsiveness on my cuts and acceleration. The AG plate was definitely awesome. 

Though, I did experience slight heel rubbing, all I did was tape up my heel and that fixed it. Hopefully that goes away with more break-in.

I just received magistax proximo street indoor when nike put them on sale and man the shoes are killing my heels causing them to blister, it seems that I'm not the only person experiencing this.  I don't mind the dynamic fit collar or the fit of the shoe and the shoe gives me much more control of the ball in terms of cradling but the heel pain is a deal breaker for me.  I'm so disappointed because I want to love this shoe, it looks badass and I love the control it gives.  Looking to return these for hypervenom finale and test those out.  

I just received magistax proximo street indoor when nike put them on sale and man the shoes are killing my heels causing them to blister, it seems that I'm not the only person experiencing this.  I don't mind the dynamic fit collar or the fit of the shoe and the shoe gives me much more control of the ball in terms of cradling but the heel pain is a deal breaker for me.  I'm so disappointed because I want to love this shoe, it looks badass and I love the control it gives.  Looking to return these for hypervenom finale and test those out.  
I started to experience this with my Magista Obra Ags. I taped up my heels, and it solved the problem.

Plus I think its hard to really give a final review on a shoe until you've worn it in.

I started to experience this with my Magista Obra Ags. I taped up my heels, and it solved the problem.

Plus I think its hard to really give a final review on a shoe until you've worn it in.
I have davinhos and tiempo genio and these destroy the magistax in the comfort area but lack the performance magistax gives.  I'm going to hold onto these a little longer and wear them in a little more + elite socks to see if that makes any difference.  What I was looking for was a shoe I could slip on and play a semi-intense game of street futbol but also use as a casual shoe.  The magistax are definitely focused on performance above all else and leave little room for convenience.  Not looking to tape up my damn feet every time I want to wear these to the mall or restaurant XP

Random thought but i hope one day nike and adidas and puma retro boots I think it would be pretty cool.

Even though these are recent i'd love another shoot at them as well as some others 
That'd be awesome, like the Photo Blue Mercurials or even the Gold R9 ones from 2004. I'd even love to wear the Predator Pulses from 2004 in the red colorway

Last edited:

Did you size up .5? Heard they ran small

Received these Obra FGs from NDC earlier this afternoon, so dope. Got lucky even getting my size 10.5 as they'd been OOS for a while and to make it even better... scored them for 30% off (15% NDC code + 15% ebates).

Type of shingaurds do Yall use? Also, is there a thread on soccer equipment/products or do we just use this thread?

Type of shingaurds do Yall use? Also, is there a thread on soccer equipment/products or do we just use this thread?

I've used the Nike Mercurial Blade the past couple of years. Got them for a really good price, but before that I used some $20 nike ones and they worked just fine

Back
Top Bottom