SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Thinking about getting these

Screenshot_20240106-202331_Instagram~2.jpg

this is great news. Would cop a pair for nostalgia in AG

From the replies they were giving it sounds like they might be a true AG soleplate too, Adidas been pushing out these crap AG sole plates with no conical studs the past couple of years. Released the last copas in a somewhat appropriate AG stud pattern for ONE colorway, but that was it. Hope these don't dissapoint.

Last edited:
Agree. Nike not been super on it for almost 2 years now. Banked a lot on the introduction of the Vapor XV and it hasn't been the most popular thing ever. Legend floundering. And now the GX is being phased out for a lesser option.

Combine this with them reducing their number of sponsored athletes and the recent news of ending Tiger's deal, and you wonder what is going on generally.

5 years ago I would have never guessed, but right now in the comparative Silos of each brand's footwear, I would take literally every Adidas option over the Nike equivalent.

El Argentino El Argentino fluid hips fluid hips let's not even get started on Kobe's. But for real, they are dropping the ball big time. Only thing they still do right is the vouchers and the AG sole plates, which for me are very important.

I have an issue right now with stocking up on AG TL 9's. Sadly, unless Nike drops some R9 tribute stuff, these will probably be my last Nike boots. Only got the vapors for the 2002 nostalgia, when I got the same pair but the blacked out ones they only lasted two months before the sole plate cracked. These along with my Mizuno Neo MIJ, and a pair of Premiers might last me until my playing days are over. But will see what adidas do, but may just be a Mizuno man if I go through these boots quickly.

IMG_8474.jpg

Also picked these up for futsal, even their indoor shoes have K-Leather.

IMG_8475.JPG

Agree. Nike not been super on it for almost 2 years now. Banked a lot on the introduction of the Vapor XV and it hasn't been the most popular thing ever. Legend floundering. And now the GX is being phased out for a lesser option.

Combine this with them reducing their number of sponsored athletes and the recent news of ending Tiger's deal, and you wonder what is going on generally.

5 years ago I would have never guessed, but right now in the comparative Silos of each brand's footwear, I would take literally every Adidas option over the Nike equivalent.
I think they've come to the realization they overpaid for the NBA and NFL deal.

I think they also equip the MLB and NHL

El Argentino El Argentino fluid hips fluid hips let's not even get started on Kobe's. But for real, they are dropping the ball big time. Only thing they still do right is the vouchers and the AG sole plates, which for me are very important.

I have an issue right now with stocking up on AG TL 9's. Sadly, unless Nike drops some R9 tribute stuff, these will probably be my last Nike boots. Only got the vapors for the 2002 nostalgia, when I got the same pair but the blacked out ones they only lasted two months before the sole plate cracked. These along with my Mizuno Neo MIJ, and a pair of Premiers might last me until my playing days are over. But will see what adidas do, but may just be a Mizuno man if I go through these boots quickly.

IMG_8474.jpg

Also picked these up for futsal, even their indoor shoes have K-Leather.

IMG_8475.JPG
Been looking at the Mizuno morelia neo IV beta

Did you buy your Mizunos in the same size as your Nike premiers?

I think they've come to the realization they overpaid for the NBA and NFL deal.

I think they also equip the MLB and NHL

MLB yes; Adi is in their last year of equipping NHL before it goes over fully to Fanatics (!)

My experience w/ the Rebula 3 was 1/2 size down from Nike size (i.e. same as Adidas sizing)

Nope, half size down. I'm a 12 in everything, got the Mizuno's in 11.5. Even these indoors I got a half size down as well and they are a perfect fit. Seems all Mizuno runs a half size big.

You like the Crazyfast >> Merc? I like the crazyfast.1 turfs a lot, been eyeing the plus model if it dips in price

I got the Crazyfast+ this summer and was amazed at how vacuum-sealed it felt in the fit. I appreciate the Zoom in the Merc because I feel a noticiable lack of fatigue, but the sensation of the + is distinctly something else.

Also I now know why a lot of people said the GX was grippy while I didn’t experience it. Turns out it’s my rainbow colorway….

image.jpg

There is a massive difference in friction between the two, the yellow one is way stickier. I’ve been playing this whole time without its flagship feature lol

Last edited:
Also I now know why a lot of people said the GX was grippy while I didn’t experience it. Turns out it’s my rainbow colorway….

image.jpg

There is a massive difference in friction between the two, the yellow one is way stickier. I’ve been playing this whole time without its flagship feature lol
I have the black out pair of GX and when reviews were like “it’s too grippy” I honestly thought they were crazy. Mine are very subtly textured. With very minimal “grip”.

I wonder if it’s the dark with grey pattern that lacks the grip. That would make a lot of sense when I hear people talking about how grippy they are and I’m like ummm like I guess there is some grip?

I have the black out pair of GX and when reviews were like “it’s too grippy” I honestly thought they were crazy. Mine are very subtly textured. With very minimal “grip”.

I wonder if it’s the dark with grey pattern that lacks the grip. That would make a lot of sense when I hear people talking about how grippy they are and I’m like ummm like I guess there is some grip?

It’s the only explanation to me. I played in the yellow pair and it’s a night and day difference. Lot of fun pinging long balls with the gripknit now. Kind of mad I played in the rainbow ones for almost a year, wish I would’ve known

Back
Top Bottom