Some Ds Og Jordans Heat Which Are Wearable And Not Wearable

I figure I should ask what og jordans are wearable and not wearable. I have a few Ds Og Jordans that I want to wear. Im sure alot of ppl would like to knowalso. Let me know what yall think is wearable r not wearable Here is my list:

Ds Og X:
W h i t e / B l a c k - L i g h t S t e e l G r e y

B l a c k / D a r k S h a d o w - T r u e R e d

B l a c k / D a r k C o n c o r d - M e t a l l i c S i l v e r(Sacramento)

Ds Og XIV:
W h i t e / B l a c k - V a r s i t y R e d

W h i t e / V a r s i t y R e d

W h i t e / B l a c k - O x i d i z e d G r e e n

B l a c k / B l a c k - W h i t e - I n d i g l o

Ds Og VII:
W h i t e / B l a c k - C a r d i n a l R e d

Ds 1994 IIs:
W h i t e / B l a c k ( r e t r o )

W h i t e / B l a c k ( r e t r o l o w )

Ds 1999 Vs and IVs:
Vs B l a c k / B l a c k - M e t a l l i c S i l v e r ( r e t r o )

IVs B l a c k / C e m e n t G r e y ( retro)

Ds 2000 VI:
W h i t e / M i d n i g h t N a v y ( r e t r o +)

Originally Posted by Dipsetbichcj

I figure I should ask what og jordans are wearable and not wearable. I have a few Ds Og Jordans that I want to wear. Im sure alot of ppl would like to know also. Let me know what yall think is wearable r not wearable Here is my list:
Ds Og X's:
W h i t e / B l a c k - L i g h t S t e e l G r e y
B l a c k / D a r k S h a d o w - T r u e R e d
B l a c k / D a r k C o n c o r d - M e t a l l i c S i l v e r(Sacramento)

Ds Og XIV:
W h i t e / B l a c k - V a r s i t y R e d
W h i t e / V a r s i t y R e d
W h i t e / B l a c k - O x i d i z e d G r e e n
B l a c k / B l a c k - W h i t e - I n d i g l o

Ds Og VII:
W h i t e / B l a c k - C a r d i n a l R e d

Ds 1994 IIs:
W h i t e / B l a c k ( r e t r o )
W h i t e / B l a c k ( r e t r o l o w )

Ds 1999 Vs and IVs:
Vs B l a c k / B l a c k - M e t a l l i c S i l v e r ( r e t r o )
IVs B l a c k / C e m e n t G r e y ( retro)

'94 II and OG VII are almost for sure not wearable, OG XIV are almost always wearable, so you should have no problem, OG X's are possibly wearable, butdepends on how they were stored, '99 V might be, '99 IV probably not, these are notorious for cracking.

Also, check with your fingernail, push on the midsole and if it pushes in it won't be wearable as it has dried out, if it has that bouncy feel like rcentretroes, then most likely it is wearable, also check air bubbles to see if they're fogged. It would help if you posted pics and ISS has a great werabilitythread in the Jordan section so I suggest you visit that

If your IV's hav no cracking then u could get a few wears in, V's should be wearable, VII's i wouldnt wear em, and II's probably arent, but idnt think ive seen 2's crak, so i would look in to it more if u really want to wear em

young kids stop wasting ur money on ds kicks they going to break apart just like ur pockets did to buy them if u don't have them just move on or find a usepair and rock them even if they are yellow

Well the only ones I personally wouldnt wear would be the OG 7s because of their age and '99 bred 4s because the midsole is known for cracking.
And masterhammy23 is right, it does matter how they were stored .

If they are OG's like the ones in the pics I would not wear any of those, too risky for shoes that old.

Honestly both 2s and 7s are not wearable by any means. Both have a high risk of the midsole coming apart. Also the 4s (as mentioned already) are notoriouslyknown to crack as well. As for the 10s and 14s you should be good. I have a friend who dropped $500 on DS bordeaux 7s and well lets just say they have becomeexpensive dust collectors
laugh.gif

(edit): The 5s are also at a high risk to crack..

There is a lot of mis information in this thread. All your shoes are suitable for wear with the exception of the following. Your OG VII's, chances of thembeing wearable from new are slim, although possible. When it comes to your IV's use caution, no one here know's the type of environment you stored themin so there IS potential for them to crack, but I've owned more than a few pairs of 99 IV's new, and never had an issue with them cracking on me. Thesame goes for your retro II's from 94 I've seen a lot of them crack. When considering wearing OG sneakers you have to fully inspect the shoe from topto bottom, in some cases the midsole will be fine, but the glue holding the midsole and upper together may flake causing oxygen to get into the midsole andslowly destroy the midsole. Another tip, just take your finger nail and poke it into every area of the midsole, front to back and make sure EVERY part of it isfirm, if you feel even a slight weakness in any area of the midsole its a done deal.

There is a lot of mis information in this thread. All your shoes are suitable for wear with the exception of the following. Your OG VII's, chances of thembeing wearable from new are slim, although possible. When it comes to your IV's use caution, no one here know's the type of environment you stored themin so there IS potential for them to crack, but I've owned more than a few pairs of 99 IV's new, and never had an issue with them cracking on me. Thesame goes for your retro II's from 94 I've seen a lot of them crack. When considering wearing OG sneakers you have to fully inspect the shoe from topto bottom, in some cases the midsole will be fine, but the glue holding the midsole and upper together may flake causing oxygen to get into the midsole andslowly destroy the midsole. Another tip, just take your finger nail and poke it into every area of the midsole, front to back and make sure EVERY part of it isfirm, if you feel even a slight weakness in any area of the midsole its a done deal.

( IMO ) Don't wear any of the 2's, And steel/Shadow X's & Bordeaux's They'll probably crumble!!! Everthing else looks wearable

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

( IMO ) Don't wear any of the 2's, And steel/Shadow X's & Bordeaux's They'll probably crumble!!! Everthing else looks wearable

so my sacramento 10s should be wearable

10's will be fine i just broke out my OG steels and they are all good after three full days of wear. But the rest i dont know, i definately would not wearthe 7's as for the 4's, 5's and 6's ive seen some that crumble and some that are fine after wear. But im leaving mine in there boxes, notriskin it

Obviously as has been said, it all depends on how they've been stored over the years. Personally, I highly doubt your '94 IIs will be wearable, I wouldn't risk it.

Deadstock VIIs & VIIIs will definitely be unwearable

Remember, with any shoe older than say, 6-8 years old, you will always be taking a risk wearing them from deadstock. It really is a case of "playing it by ear" & taking the make/model of each individual shoe into consideration.

Like dude back there said, there's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

94 2's are to me the biggest risk, because true enough, they're not the OG's from 86-87, but they're still made with the same polyurathane thatbreaks down over time. I have some 94 2's, but they are in good worn condition, not DS, and even with them, I use caution when wearing them. 94 2'salso were made cheaply compared to the OG's. I wouldn't wear them.

1999 4's are a risk because they are constructed like the OG's were in 88-89 with polyurathane.....I wouldn't do it.

The OG 7's don't crack. They don't. They separate from midsole to outsole. What's strange is that I'm on my 3rd pair of Bordeauxs.....butmy OG Cardinals haven't done that yet, and I still wear them now. I honestly think that out of the OG 7's, they improve the quality of constuction witheach colorway......like hares and bordeauxs weren't made as good as say the black/reds, olympics or cardinals. When they do separate, the deteriation(which appears to look like sand) will come out and the shoe is useless. That's what would happen if anyone tried to wear the pair this guy is trying tosell on ebay.

OG 10's and up are fine. I've seen 10's crack, but very far and in between.

From the 11's and 12's up, they started using phylon instead of polyurathane which doesn't break down.

OG's Ok to wear......

OG and 94 1's
OG 10's and up.

To who asked, the 17's are only 6 years old and were made with great quality. They'll be fine.

Honestly, just buy the retro's. That's why they make them.

But -- of all the original Jordan's I've owned, the only pairs I'd feel safe putting my feet in would be the AJ1 and AJ12. They're both builtlike tanks and hold up extremely well even after heavy use over extended periods of time. Also no having air-bubble, the midsoles aren't as prone tocracking as nearly every other AJ model is.

On some G tip, there is way 2 much ignorance in this thread...
The only person that should be asking this question is someone who plans on purchasing these shoes, not someone who is already an owner for some time
I feel if you have older retros for years now and actually want 2 un-DS them now? Then I hope you walk home in socks
Once this happens 2 most of the ignorant DS keepers maybe you can school the next generation of collector
Just peep the Space Jam 11 RIP post from a school teacher nonetheless
FACE FACTS

Back
Top Bottom