Someone Blow My Mind Vol. Illuminati, 2012, Aliens, Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Language (and writing, specifically) has to be the greatest invention ever. The ability to preserve ideas, persons, places, etc, in a compact form for generations is mind-bogglingly amazing.

Language (and writing, specifically) has to be the greatest invention ever. The ability to preserve ideas, persons, places, etc, in a compact form for generations is mind-bogglingly amazing.

It also allows a pseudo form of immortality. It blows my mind when i think about all the things that are possible and the fact that with it how much of life it effects. Hell allowing all the conversations in this very thread.

What do you think about this quote?

"Language is the source of all misunderstandings"

In a way theres alot of sense to it, to me i look at it has in trying to capture things with words that are impossible to capture. Sort of how people try to find a combination of words to describe a psychedelic experience, or just about any kind of experience. Because some words carry different meanings to certain people or they associate words to different or personal things its hard to have a mutual understaning in most things. Which lends more power to gesture based communication or actually having been somewhere or having to experience something to understand, then you have the whole mess of how each individual experiences things differently despite an event being a shared experience which is a whole other discussion. And to make it even crazier thats just my interpretation of the quote which in a way gives more power to it.

I feel the same way. Often times I struggle to articulate feelings, experiences, etc through words. Language is a great thing but what's blue to me might not be blue to you

Check out Amanda Bynes. She claims that there's a microchip implanted on her brain controlling her actions and that her dad abused her.

Nice to know that celebs are finally speaking out. Thanks to Jim Carrey, Russel Brand, Tila Tequila, Alec Baldwin, Joe Rogan, etc.

Can you expand on the Jom Carey portion of speaking out?

If you mean Jim Carrey he really aint say much.

He apologized about his role in Kick *** 2 after Sandy Hook.

Basically saying he believes movie violence plays a role in events like that.

Growing up during this era of hip hop, I 100% agree that the higher ups are pushing certain artist to help keep blacks down.

No way Young Thug is this big unless he's helping with the emasculation process.

So much garbage hip hop out there these days man. So much trash about drugs booze booty n partying in it and pop music as well not enough substance in mainstream music but we all know why that's the case.

Last edited:
What do you think about this quote?

"Language is the source of all misunderstandings"

I agree with that statement.

I feel like our brains operating at higher capacity would be telepathic.

I think the social aspect of the internet is an analog of occupying and interacting in a mental space would be.

Spoken and written language has caused much disaster in the world. (Religion, Rhetoric, Hiding/ Encoding knowledge).

I think in a telepathic, high brain functioning society people would not fall for a lot of the trappings of physicality.

In a way theres alot of sense to it, to me i look at it has in trying to capture things with words that are impossible to capture. Sort of how people try to find a combination of words to describe a psychedelic experience, or just about any kind of experience. Because some words carry different meanings to certain people or they associate words to different or personal things its hard to have a mutual understaning in most things. Which lends more power to gesture based communication or actually having been somewhere or having to experience something to understand, then you have the whole mess of how each individual experiences things differently despite an event being a shared experience which is a whole other discussion. And to make it even crazier thats just my interpretation of the quote which in a way gives more power to it.

I see what you are saying and have shared similar notions after experiences. The delay it takes to translates spiritual experiences into physical understandings is like trying to stream a blu-ray quality movie with a 56k dial up modem.

Last edited:
I deleted my dude from my phonebook. Think it's time to really give it up borderline completely. Just been having too much anxiety lately when I've used. Not as much fun anymore.

For you guys that quit, did you notice any withdrawal symptoms in the coming days?

I had some really bad anxiety for the first day and a half that's gone now. Breathing exercises helped me out.

Last edited:
On that topic I was getting my haircut last week and my barber was just about finished. He had forgotten something he usually does, cleaning up my eyebrows. I was thinking that and he says I hear you and chuckles. That was my first time being able to communicate telepathically. He read my mind, just amazing
dope
So much garbage hip hop out there these days man. So much trash about drugs booze booty n partying in it and pop music as well not enough substance in mainstream music but we all know why that's the case.
this

Did the U.S. Army Distribute Smallpox Blankets to Indians?  

Last edited:
Check out Amanda Bynes. She claims that there's a microchip implanted on her brain controlling her actions and that her dad abused her.

Nice to know that celebs are finally speaking out. Thanks to Jim Carrey, Russel Brand, Tila Tequila, Alec Baldwin, Joe Rogan, etc.

i don't trust jim carey in particular
then again, why would i?

Still learning, still understanding, still taking steps forward, still taking steps back, still adjusting, still coping, still enjoying. :smile:

As for the thread, it veered in a different direction and it just hasn't been on my mind to check it. Maybe I'm not the only one feeling this way since you said it's been quiet lately.

Me personally, I felt like it was 1up contest in here.

*Look at me look at me* type of vibe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom