Someone school me on DIRECT TV!!!!! Vol. I frickin need NFL Sunday Ticket

Thinking about making the switch until TWC nuts up with the other cable companies and gets NFL Ticket...

As a new customer how can i get some free #%!@?
laugh.gif
Dont they give you the equipment and stuff free as a new customer?

How much is monthly? My friend says Verizon is on the same bill for internet and stuff... how is that? cost with net?

Should i buy the reciever instead of paying monthly or whatever?

I have more Q's but ill see what i get right now... HELPPPP

Out of market teams ftl
smh.gif

So you're not a drunken 'sconny?

Your stock just went up in my book
ee7167138054e943b70624ce7774d9a7fab96892.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

So you're not a drunken 'sconny?

Your stock just went up in my book
ee7167138054e943b70624ce7774d9a7fab96892.gif
roll.gif
Naw I live in upstate NY... grew up going to Pack vs Bucsgame in TB when i lived in Florida... during the ugly orange uni/weird NFC Central days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Thinking about making the switch until TWC nuts up with the other cable companies and gets NFL Ticket...

laugh.gif

How much is monthly? My friend says Verizon is on the same bill for internet and stuff... how is that? cost with net?

Out of market teams ftl
smh.gif

wheter you own or lease the reciever.. the 5.99 fee applies to every reciever other than your "primary" reciever... i purchased my HD reciever fromCostco not knowing this.. waste of $200
smh.gif

Direct Tv is the %*+% thou.. ive had both Adelphia and Dish Netwrok before but Direct Tv is overall better by far.. cant beat their costumer service either..
pimp.gif

Direct Tv HD highly recomnded.

K so dont buy the receiver, got it.

What are the HD packages like? Im lookin to pay like 110-120/month on the TV/internet

Put everything in cart with NFL Ticket and Superfan (cause theres no way in hell im not watchin in HD
laugh.gif
) and it came out to like $460.99 to start up
sick.gif
laugh.gif

How much does Internet with verizon usually come out to? i couldnt get prices on it from the website.

HD PACKAGES ARE
pimp.gif

we had to switch cuz hd satellites are HUGE..
so now we got comcast
smh.gif

but I would recommend you get a tivo seperate the dvr they provide for 10 dollars a month are nothing like tivo

i swear i got one of those lil pamphlets that come in the mail in my pocket right now-
was gonna check on it this afternoon-

tired of comcast with their wack service, $160 monthly and all types of nonsense i gotta go thru to get stuff fixed-

my secondary hd box wont bring up the guide at all
indifferent.gif
i gottachange channels manually...i cann and they put me thru like 20mins of nonsense tests like the batteries and stuff
laugh.gif
im like maam the box is lighting up when i press so it is recieving the signal,it changes the channel and volume fine but NO GUIDE...she then sets an appt for like 2 weeks later and id have to sit home and wait for these dudes to comethru...
smh.gif

From another board I frequent:

Attn: Directv Sunday Ticket Subscribers

I get Sunday Ticket every year, and each year it's gone up in price. I think last year I paid $249. Usually the Superfan (HD + Redzone channel) is an additional $100.

So I was reading a thread on another board a few minutes ago and a guy said he called to complain about the high cost and they gave him Sunday Ticket AND Superfan for $149 total.

I decide to call and instead of playing the whole game of "I'm going to cancel", then them saying "What if we take $20 off?" etc, I just tell the lady that I want the same deal my buddy got - $149 total. She said OK
eek.gif
div145.gif

Also gave me an additional 50 HD channels, and Showtime for 6 months.

However, they've gotten some other pretty sweet deals:

yowsa.... a couple of days ago they threw in the Super Fan at no charge but then I saw this thread and I just called them again and mentioned the deals that my fellow Jets fans were getting and after waiting 10 minutes, they agreed to take the $20 off per month for 6 months. So now I am getting Sunday ticket for 6 monthly payments of $24.99 w/superfan at no charge. Nice way to start the day.
div145.gif

Thanks Buzz for the heads up on DTV as I've been getting the package for as long as it has been around.
Called them up, told them I was losing my job in oct. (lie) and they gave me the $24.99 per month deal with free superfan.
smile.gif
Call lasted a total of 4.5 minutes. Thanks JI brethren.
Ok I called Direct TV today , I told them i needed to cancel NFL sunday ticket , They game me 10 Dollars off every month for 6 months bringing 34.99 a month for NFL Package and Free Superfan .
I'm a longtime Sunday Ticket customer.

Called up Sunday and asked to cancel it, saying I'd received a pay cut (true) and was looking to cut costs wherever I could (also true).

They gave me Super Fan for free and $60 off the Ticket, total svaings of $160. The key is making sure they believe you'll cancel it.

I will never EVER go back to DirecTV....

just make sure that you have a clear...and I mean CLEAR view of the southern sky when the dish goes up. Back when I got my house in 06', the first thing Idid (before I had any furniture
laugh.gif
...I know, I know, priorities) was get a 1080p Samsung HDTV and DirecTV. This was in November, so all the leaves were offthe trees.

I should have known I was doomed from the start when dude who was installing my satellite showed up in a tricked out H2 w. his jumpoff waiting shotgun thewhole time. Dude had no tools or a ladder to get on my roof. I had to lend him EVERYTHING. Anyways, dude set up the satellite and everything wasgood...until...

the first snow of the year. We only got a few inches but it was enough to distort the picture to where it looked like the Spice channel from back in the day.This shoddy reception would happen anytime it snowed, got rain, or high winds. There isn't much you can do about the weather (unless you have cable and nosatellite)

Well, March/April comes around and this is the time where the leaves start to come back on the trees. As soon as this happened, there went my HD reception.I'm telling you...any sort of interference with the southern sky whether it be a tree, power line, or something else, you're screwed.

DirecTV couldn't have been more unreasonable/unhelpful during this whole process. Each time a technician would come out, I'd be charged a fee. Nomatter if anything was accomplished or not.

Their advice after everything had failed was for me to move my satellite to the backyard fence. I mean, seriously? I'm gonna put my satellite dish on adamn fence?

I ended up cancelling DirecTV, and even after all my pleas for them to waive the ETF, I still had to pay over $200 for the cancellation. I told them itwasn't some BS reason why I was cancelling (and they could check the technician records to see how many times they came out and for the reasons), and Iwasn't getting what I was paying for. Why have a HDTV and pay for the HD package when you don't get any reception during the spring/summer?

I then asked if they would come remove the dish, and they said that they couldn't do that. What am I going to do with a non-working dish on my roof? On topof it all...they have the receiver "scam." They talk about getting "free" receivers, but in actuality you are paying a leasing fee of $6per month, and if you don't return them in a timely fashion when your contract is up or when you cancel service, you will get a $400-$500 charge....Sopretty much you are paying for a "free" receiver.

All in all, do what you like. I know plenty of people who have had good experiences with DirecTV, but I just wanted to fill you in on my experience. I justdon't think it's worth it because of all the hassles you face when the weather isn't good or if there is a blockage of your satellite. Be carefuland just make sure there is a clear view of the southern sky...

*the cable service I have now removed all of DirecTV's %%+$, and I have had NO issues w. service in heavy rains, snow, etc.....depending on where you live,having a satellite can be risky.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]^ Hm thanks for the info.. My mom just ordered Direct TV (they should be here onWednesday to install everything) but she still kept Time Warner for some other rooms in the house.. I'm gonna see what this thing is like[/color]

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

Out of market teams ftl
smh.gif

Pretty much every year they have a sale for new customers. Last year I got Sunday Ticket and the premier package with movie channels included for $69.99/monthfor the first 6 months. That package would be almost $300 a month for existing customers

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

I will never EVER go back to DirecTV....

just make sure that you have a clear...and I mean CLEAR view of the southern sky when the dish goes up. Back when I got my house in 06', the first thing I did (before I had any furniture
laugh.gif
...I know, I know, priorities) was get a 1080p Samsung HDTV and DirecTV. This was in November, so all the leaves were off the trees.

I should have known I was doomed from the start when dude who was installing my satellite showed up in a tricked out H2 w. his jumpoff waiting shotgun the whole time. Dude had no tools or a ladder to get on my roof. I had to lend him EVERYTHING. Anyways, dude set up the satellite and everything was good...until...

the first snow of the year. We only got a few inches but it was enough to distort the picture to where it looked like the Spice channel from back in the day. This shoddy reception would happen anytime it snowed, got rain, or high winds. There isn't much you can do about the weather (unless you have cable and no satellite)

Well, March/April comes around and this is the time where the leaves start to come back on the trees. As soon as this happened, there went my HD reception. I'm telling you...any sort of interference with the southern sky whether it be a tree, power line, or something else, you're screwed.

DirecTV couldn't have been more unreasonable/unhelpful during this whole process. Each time a technician would come out, I'd be charged a fee. No matter if anything was accomplished or not.

Their advice after everything had failed was for me to move my satellite to the backyard fence. I mean, seriously? I'm gonna put my satellite dish on a damn fence?

I ended up cancelling DirecTV, and even after all my pleas for them to waive the ETF, I still had to pay over $200 for the cancellation. I told them it wasn't some BS reason why I was cancelling (and they could check the technician records to see how many times they came out and for the reasons), and I wasn't getting what I was paying for. Why have a HDTV and pay for the HD package when you don't get any reception during the spring/summer?

I then asked if they would come remove the dish, and they said that they couldn't do that. What am I going to do with a non-working dish on my roof? On top of it all...they have the receiver "scam." They talk about getting "free" receivers, but in actuality you are paying a leasing fee of $6 per month, and if you don't return them in a timely fashion when your contract is up or when you cancel service, you will get a $400-$500 charge....So pretty much you are paying for a "free" receiver.

All in all, do what you like. I know plenty of people who have had good experiences with DirecTV, but I just wanted to fill you in on my experience. I just don't think it's worth it because of all the hassles you face when the weather isn't good or if there is a blockage of your satellite. Be careful and just make sure there is a clear view of the southern sky...

*the cable service I have now removed all of DirecTV's %%+$, and I have had NO issues w. service in heavy rains, snow, etc.....depending on where you live, having a satellite can be risky.

My girlfriend was having the same issue until a friendly DTV rep put her up on some game...if you get the extended maintenance package for $4 a month they willcome out and fix almost anything, move, replace satellite dishes, etc. at NO charge. I think you can cancel it and add it as necessary. Got my parents to do itto, it has made a world of difference. Sucks that you have to pay but it does make it easier to deal with the hassles.

After July 21st or 23rd I believe there will be a new promo coming out for the NFL ST, 59.99 a month for 5 mos, with a slew of free stuff.

yea i know about the satellite issues....had them wayyyy back when it first dropped- me and pops drove like an hour to a dealer, came home and set that jointup on the porch
laugh.gif
every once in awhile it would mess up but thatswhatever

my comcast isnt free of issues....esp with weather- i have no idea what it is, maybe my complex or whatever but heavy rains/thunder etc and my cable is out
indifferent.gif

reg stuff like that i wont mind esp if im paying less than half of what i pay with comcast

my only problem is internet...i might keep my cable modem if they let me...

Man one thing i used to hate about having Direct Tv back in the day was....

"Searching for satellite signal"

Joint was the worst in the winter
smh.gif

Damn mixed reviews...

I always hated on dish because of those bad satellite signals and stuff...

But i neeed......... sunday.... ticket... AHHHH

1) Become a Bills fan
roll.gif

2) I can't wait until my Direct TV contract is up... I loved Sunday Ticket for watching the Giants since I live in NC....but everyone is right with thesatellite signal....++++ is ridiculous. Plus one time one box just didn't work...Called them up and told them and they said they had to charge $80 for someguy to come out here...I hung up called back to talk to a manager....Told her the problem...she told me to do things to the box and all of a sudden it workedagain
alien.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

1) Become a Bills fan
roll.gif

2) I can't wait until my Direct TV contract is up... I loved Sunday Ticket for watching the Giants since I live in NC....but everyone is right with the satellite signal....++++ is ridiculous. Plus one time one box just didn't work...Called them up and told them and they said they had to charge $80 for some guy to come out here...I hung up called back to talk to a manager....Told her the problem...she told me to do things to the box and all of a sudden it worked again
alien.gif
alien.gif

I think id cop the $6/month insurance thing just so i had no issues with equipment and stuff... ive heard good things as long as you got that they keep youstraight.

But i also found out today that through best buy i just gotta fill out a 10 question quiz (which is rediculously easy) every month for $20 off my bill
pimp.gif

so after Ticket is paid off itd end up being like $40/month with the HD DVR choice package.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom