Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

I know yall aren't valuing people from Cleveland opinion right now, let it alone mine, but LeBron simply ran and decided to take the easy way out in regards of competition. And it's not even the fact he left Cleveland. Go back and read some of my posts that I made BEFORE "the decision". I always said I thought LeBron would stay, but didn't care if he left because I'll still support the Cavs and any other team from Cleveland. It's just the fact that he went to another team that already had an established superstar, and the decision for him to do that was shocking. And as more and more stuff has come out, man, LeBron been checked out of Cleveland and I think that why he threw that Bostin series. From not recruiting players to come here, letting his mother disrespect the staff, the whole changing his jersey to 6, dude had a title transfer for a house in Miami before free agency even started, secret meetings with Bosh and Wade at his house, his "team" putting out smoke signals, and some other stuff too. Wasn't no potential Bosh sign and trade with Cleveland, LeBron "team" put that story out there to make it seem like LeBron was at least trying.

Oh, there is an interesting article on espn.com today. Apparently even Mike Miller thought LeBron was staying here because the Cavs were negotiating with his agent, but LeBron told him to sit tight and wait for him to announce his decision. Interesting stuff.

CP, I appreciate your posts because you bascially have said the same things I want to post, but nobody will take me serious because I'm from Cleveland and people think I'm just salty Lebron left, so props to you homie

I know yall aren't valuing people from Cleveland opinion right now, let it alone mine, but LeBron simply ran and decided to take the easy way out in regards of competition. And it's not even the fact he left Cleveland. Go back and read some of my posts that I made BEFORE "the decision". I always said I thought LeBron would stay, but didn't care if he left because I'll still support the Cavs and any other team from Cleveland. It's just the fact that he went to another team that already had an established superstar, and the decision for him to do that was shocking. And as more and more stuff has come out, man, LeBron been checked out of Cleveland and I think that why he threw that Bostin series. From not recruiting players to come here, letting his mother disrespect the staff, the whole changing his jersey to 6, dude had a title transfer for a house in Miami before free agency even started, secret meetings with Bosh and Wade at his house, his "team" putting out smoke signals, and some other stuff too. Wasn't no potential Bosh sign and trade with Cleveland, LeBron "team" put that story out there to make it seem like LeBron was at least trying.

Oh, there is an interesting article on espn.com today. Apparently even Mike Miller thought LeBron was staying here because the Cavs were negotiating with his agent, but LeBron told him to sit tight and wait for him to announce his decision. Interesting stuff.

CP, I appreciate your posts because you bascially have said the same things I want to post, but nobody will take me serious because I'm from Cleveland and people think I'm just salty Lebron left, so props to you homie

I like how Lebron handled his decision. At least he did it out in the open rather than behind closed doors. It takes a lot of balls to do that. That's why I can respect a man like that. If you guys on here had to make the same decision, yall would've been shaking in your boots. Not only having two other superstars on your side, but the fact that not having to pay income tax in Florida. Not having to pay income tax? I'm there. Great weather? Beaches? A chance to win a ring? A no-LeBrainer.

I like how Lebron handled his decision. At least he did it out in the open rather than behind closed doors. It takes a lot of balls to do that. That's why I can respect a man like that. If you guys on here had to make the same decision, yall would've been shaking in your boots. Not only having two other superstars on your side, but the fact that not having to pay income tax in Florida. Not having to pay income tax? I'm there. Great weather? Beaches? A chance to win a ring? A no-LeBrainer.

Originally Posted by orthotic

indifferent.gif
^ this what a troll looks like.

It seems like every time someone has a really good point to take off on, some idiot runs in with their little *%*@*@* 10 year old point that gets all the haters or 'defenders' to jump in. And they ignore the good point and say, look...this #$@!$+#*%%+$ is stupid, right? Then his point is stupid, right? So I'm right, right?

Originally Posted by orthotic

indifferent.gif
^ this what a troll looks like.

It seems like every time someone has a really good point to take off on, some idiot runs in with their little *%*@*@* 10 year old point that gets all the haters or 'defenders' to jump in. And they ignore the good point and say, look...this #$@!$+#*%%+$ is stupid, right? Then his point is stupid, right? So I'm right, right?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

For those who claim Lebron is nothing more than a role player, will never be great, will never be an MVP, or any of that stuff... what happens if he averages, 24, 10, and 10 this season or next? Wins a few MVPs as the Heat get the best record and start collecting titles.  Will you honestly stand there and say "none of it matters, because he was afraid and went to Wade's team, it doesn't matter.."  Even if he hits a 10 game winners in the season and playoffs, if Wade has an off night and Bosh is shut down, and if he puts up 45, 15, and 12 during a Finals game.. will he still be a bum to you guys?  Will NONE of it matter?

I understand and agree in part, that yes, how he's viewed and his legacy can/will be seen differently in this manner than if he stayed in Cleveland and won, but will you guys be that hard headed and angry towards the man, and try to discredit what he does... no matter what happens?

I guess I don't like dealing in absolutes, just now a week after the announcement... it's not my style to make bold statements that will take place in the next 10 years before we even see them on the court together.  People on NT, fans, the media, they've already started on their criticism of his legacy before we see them even play... I just can't imagine the public and media for the next 10 years saying "It doesn't matter what he's done, he was afraid and a coward and that's that"

Of course not, if Bron goes out and destroys the league, nobody gonna say nothin against him.  But ask yourself, does that seem likely?  You think Wade isn't going to do anything himself? 
I think that's the point we're all making.  If Bron went 30 8 and 8 in a finals, and Wade goes 29 7 and 7, I mean, really.  I think a lot of people would view Wade as the leader of that, even if Bron has a tad better stat line.  Now, if Bron goes 30 8 and 8, and Wade 18 5 and 5, well then ok, not much to argue there. 

But in terms of predicting future successes and what not, I don't see that happening.  I think Wade is going to be the one that takes and makes late game shots and I think he'll be the one to ice games.  If I'm wrong, great, but to me, imo, that's how I see it playing out. 

As for the discrediting no matter what, isn't that what Kobe haters do?  Have I not just witnessed that for the past 10 years of that man's career?  His first 3 didn't count cuz of Shaq, Gasol is the real MVP now, 6-24, Gasol was gift wrapped, etc etc etc.  You think the way Bron is going to be treated is gonna be different? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That's a standard blanket way to argue nowadays, but if you get in to a true debate with folks who know their stuff, it don't happen too much. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

For those who claim Lebron is nothing more than a role player, will never be great, will never be an MVP, or any of that stuff... what happens if he averages, 24, 10, and 10 this season or next? Wins a few MVPs as the Heat get the best record and start collecting titles.  Will you honestly stand there and say "none of it matters, because he was afraid and went to Wade's team, it doesn't matter.."  Even if he hits a 10 game winners in the season and playoffs, if Wade has an off night and Bosh is shut down, and if he puts up 45, 15, and 12 during a Finals game.. will he still be a bum to you guys?  Will NONE of it matter?

I understand and agree in part, that yes, how he's viewed and his legacy can/will be seen differently in this manner than if he stayed in Cleveland and won, but will you guys be that hard headed and angry towards the man, and try to discredit what he does... no matter what happens?

I guess I don't like dealing in absolutes, just now a week after the announcement... it's not my style to make bold statements that will take place in the next 10 years before we even see them on the court together.  People on NT, fans, the media, they've already started on their criticism of his legacy before we see them even play... I just can't imagine the public and media for the next 10 years saying "It doesn't matter what he's done, he was afraid and a coward and that's that"

Of course not, if Bron goes out and destroys the league, nobody gonna say nothin against him.  But ask yourself, does that seem likely?  You think Wade isn't going to do anything himself? 
I think that's the point we're all making.  If Bron went 30 8 and 8 in a finals, and Wade goes 29 7 and 7, I mean, really.  I think a lot of people would view Wade as the leader of that, even if Bron has a tad better stat line.  Now, if Bron goes 30 8 and 8, and Wade 18 5 and 5, well then ok, not much to argue there. 

But in terms of predicting future successes and what not, I don't see that happening.  I think Wade is going to be the one that takes and makes late game shots and I think he'll be the one to ice games.  If I'm wrong, great, but to me, imo, that's how I see it playing out. 

As for the discrediting no matter what, isn't that what Kobe haters do?  Have I not just witnessed that for the past 10 years of that man's career?  His first 3 didn't count cuz of Shaq, Gasol is the real MVP now, 6-24, Gasol was gift wrapped, etc etc etc.  You think the way Bron is going to be treated is gonna be different? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  That's a standard blanket way to argue nowadays, but if you get in to a true debate with folks who know their stuff, it don't happen too much. 

And I'm damn near fed up with ppl talking like they were some kind of JV squad, no team wins 60+ games back to back seasons and just is pure garbage outside of one player, just doesn't happen. This is why I don't understand why he chose Miami if he is THAT good and can lead all those so called bums to 60+ wins in consecutive seasons

This is exactly what I have been saying as well.  I would really like to see someone try to prove this point otherwise...........ANYBODY.

And I'm damn near fed up with ppl talking like they were some kind of JV squad, no team wins 60+ games back to back seasons and just is pure garbage outside of one player, just doesn't happen. This is why I don't understand why he chose Miami if he is THAT good and can lead all those so called bums to 60+ wins in consecutive seasons

This is exactly what I have been saying as well.  I would really like to see someone try to prove this point otherwise...........ANYBODY.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Because if Lebron can lead a bunch of bums to 60+ wins, what do you think will happen if he has a bunch of role players AND Wade/Bosh in the fold?  You will probably get your 60+ wins and a different outcome (hopefully) in the playoffs. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Because if Lebron can lead a bunch of bums to 60+ wins, what do you think will happen if he has a bunch of role players AND Wade/Bosh in the fold?  You will probably get your 60+ wins and a different outcome (hopefully) in the playoffs. 

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

JD617 wrote:
Kobe Bryant would be the third best player on the Miami Heat.
kobe bryant would be the undeniable first option in the final seconds of a close game
The only people in the world that believe this are Laker fans and Kobe Bryant himself.

You're not making any sense. Kobe's proven to be more clutch than LeBron and Wade. Give the ball to LeBron and it's 50/50. Wade isn't that impressive in the final seconds either. Spoelstra isn't dumb enough to not give the ball to Kobe.

JD617 wrote:
kobe bryant would be the undeniable first option in the final seconds of a close game
The only people in the world that believe this are Laker fans and Kobe Bryant himself.

You're not making any sense. Kobe's proven to be more clutch than LeBron and Wade. Give the ball to LeBron and it's 50/50. Wade isn't that impressive in the final seconds either. Spoelstra isn't dumb enough to not give the ball to Kobe.

Originally Posted by qwerty330

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

lol i tell ya this. everybody defending lebron james right now wouldnt be defending him if he and bosh joined the lakers instead of the heat. this board is funny like that. half this board would quit watching nba basketball if that happend

DoubleJs, are you just trying to play devils advocate or do you really not understand why people are pissed at his decision to join 2 other superstars on the same team and killing the competitive nature of the sport?
Would you feel the same way if hypothetically, lebron joined the lakers next season? i mean its still his RIGHT to go wherever he wants.
I think people would have been nowhere near as pissed (other than cleveland) if lebron joined nj, ny, or chicago.

lol i tell ya this. everybody defending lebron james right now wouldnt be defending him if he and bosh joined the lakers instead of the heat. this board is funny like that. half this board would quit watching nba basketball if that happend

Originally Posted by NobleKane

qft,  it's funny how it works like that

Originally Posted by NobleKane

qft,  it's funny how it works like that

JD617 wrote:

I don't like to get into these silly arguments but you're out of your mind if you don't think Kobe would get the ball for the last shot the great majority of times if LeBron and Wade were on his team.

Now, y'all just talking out of your $*$$%.

Back
Top Bottom