Source: Yankees trade Montero to Mariners for Pineda

He definitely did not man
laugh.gif
Montero was awful at catching. He couldn't receive pitches to save his life and he couldn't get the ball out of his glove. It'd be the same as what we watched happen to Knoblauch. At least the two kids in the minors get another year to develop and attempt to get better at catching. Montero has no position.

The fact that we have a busy-looking rotation now, and last year that was the issue, shows how well Cashman is at his job. He knew it would take Montero in any sensible trade this off-season, and he pulled the trigger and landed Pineda. Sure, I would have loved to have seen Montero rake at the Stadium, but I much rather see Pineda #2-it-up for our rotation.

Martin/Romine for C this season, fine with me.

I'd like to see them place him at #4 for right now. Protect him a bit to start the year behind Kuroda & Nova.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I don't know why everyone instantly thinks this is a lose for the M's. Hard to see him go, but the Mariners are stacked at pitcher on the farm and they desperately, DESPERATELY need a big time bat.

Felix Hernandez is only 25 and they have some studs to bring up yet. I think both teams won. That might change, but right now it's fine.
but Felix is getting paid right now over 19-20 million per year. I don't know the M's financials but thats a lot for 1 player even if he's that good.
Yankees definitely won they got a stud in the making and Montero can't even play catcher maybe not even 1st base he's a full time DH so M's lost.

Im done with the Mariners. Im sick of them giving away players. I no longer have a baseball team

Not thrilled about this. I loved Jesus, been keeping up with his since 2008. Always believed he had serious potential. Don't know anything about Pineda

Nobody won yet. Everything is on paper at this point. And all that I know right now is Felix is, year in and year out, a Cy Young caliber pitcher. He's proven and he's great. Pineda still has a lot to prove and a lot of growing to do. You like where it's headed, but a blown arm or psyche can sour this trade in a hurry.

It's a win win for both teams looking at this trade on paper. Both bolstered a weakness for what should be the foreseeable future. The only gripe that can be made was what has been brought up already about the M's having the ability to keep Pineda and still get Montero by giving up Lee. But hey, If Smoak, Montero, and Ackley all reach their potential then you're looking at a competitive team each and every year.

Let it play out dudes.

Originally Posted by Proshares

He definitely did not man
laugh.gif
Montero was awful at catching. He couldn't receive pitches to save his life and he couldn't get the ball out of his glove.   
I meant with his bat though.. We know about his lack of skills behind the plate.. But he clearly showed he's ready to hit at the bigs level. I'm content with the trade though.. Although our lineup is getting a bit older, when they are playing hot they still put numbers on the board with ease. Starting pitching is where we needed help this off season, and finally Cashman made a move. The market seemed pretty weak this year, but i'm glad Cashman had the patience to pull off a deal like this. But like I stated before, we have to wait and see. You never know it's gonna work out when pitchers come to NY.
tired.gif

I really don't get this trade, I thought that Montero was untouchable? I hope they know what they are doing, well, not really, I am a Rays fan

Back
Top Bottom